Page 13 of 939 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363113513 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Phyllie;3579659;
    Thought this might be helpful. The progression of promos. All aired well past the filming of the FRC.

Quote from the first FRC promo... (6-22ish)

When I woke up this morning I was very sure that I was going to be an engaged woman by the end of the day.

I knew who it was going to be with and I was so excited.

Then the guy that was so difficult to let go came to the door and wants to sweep me off my feet.

He got down on one knee to propose and I owe it to myself to take some time to think about this.

I just hope I'm making the right decision today.

I didn't question things until today. (Kip)

It was hard for me to hear the things he had to say. I don't know what I'm supposed to do. OMG

I can tell she's confused. (Reid)

I've had it.
    I just thought OMG did I make the wrong choice? It's heartbreaking for me, there's nothing I can do, there's no turning back right now.

promo 7-6

I just hope I'm making the right decision today.

I didn't question things until today. (Kip)

It was hard for me to hear the things he had to say.

I didn't want to hurt her but I have to do this. (Ed)
    Omg..
    I can tell she's confused. (Reid)
    I've had it.
    I just thought OMG did I make the wrong choice? It's heartbreaking for me, there's nothing I can do, there's no turning back right now

This weeks promo...

Jillian is in love with two men...(Chris H voiceover)

Both of these men are perfect for me and I'm having such a hard time figuring out how to decide. (Jillian voiceover)

Kip and Ed have one more chance to tell Jillian how they feel. (Chris VO)

You could be the person I could be with for the rest of my life. (ED)

I really do see a future for us, and when I say future I think a marriage and family and kids. (Kip)

Part of me feels like I'm in a dream. (JIllian VO)

But an unexpected confession makes Jillian question everything. (Chris VO)

I don't know what I'm supposed to do. (Jillian VO)

I've never had to let someone go that I"m crazy about. There's no turning back right now. OMG (JIllian VO)

It was hard for me to hear the things he had to say. I don't know how my heart is going to hold up. (see her say the first part. Second part, a VO)
    Thanks for posting this Phyllie! So much easier to make sense of things.
    Kip-"I did not question things until today." Could that be tied to "It was hard to hear the things he had to say."
    Could it be Kip confessing?
    "Then the guy that was so difficult to let go came to the door and wants to sweep me off my feet." Does not sound like Reid's style...
    Last edited by Parasolpink; 07-16-2009 at 09:17 PM.
    "No matter how lovesick a woman is, she shouldn't take the first pill that comes along!"Joyce Brothers

Quote Originally Posted by Phyllie;3579728;
    The problem is you have to look at each sentence separately, and they may or may not be related.
    She says..
    HE got down on his knees to propose...but she doesn't say who.
    Yeah, I guess but when else would she say, he got down on one knee to propose?....At the FRC when one of the guys propose?

Sorry for making this complicated. lol

FORT Fogey

But the guy who proposes could also be the F2 guy that she let go. He could tell her he is not ready to propose, then come back after he is let go and propose?

I just have such trouble seeing Reid proposing. He did not seem broken up enough to go that far.

FORT Regular

OMG, ValleyForge...down to the tie!! So much for CH needing to give Jason a tie since his was hideous...LOL. Maybe Kip needed help with both a suit and tie?

I want to see if Ed is wearing a pink tie...LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by vedagirl;3579660;
    Hi! I've been reading almost all the posts pretty religiously but this is my first post. I'm new to this, but I really wanted to share some thoughts and observations that I haven't heard talked about in any previous posts (sorry if I missed it somewhere). So - today I went back and watched some of the earlier episodes from this season. I think that Jillian offers a lot of clues to the type of guy she is looking for during her PIs. I'm not sure what to make of what she says because I don't see those things in her relationships with either Kiptyn or Ed. But, one thing that I noticed today that I think is very interesting - is that Ed leaves right after that whole "girlfriend" debacle while everyone was focused on Wes having a girlfriend. Now, since there are rumors out there that Ed also had someone waiting back home for him - I'm wondering if he actually went back to break up with her - and then came back once that was taken care of. What do you think???? It would explain his change in behavior since he's been back. And it might also explain the twist at the end. Maybe before he proposes he will attempt to come clean about why he left (i.e. the "confession"), so that Jillian knows he can trust her.

All that being said, I DO NOT want Jillian to pick Ed. I think Reid is simply the most adorable guy that I've seen over the last few years on the Bachelorette, and I'm sad that Jillian wasn't willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and TRUST his feelings, even though he wasn't quite ready to express them fully. And as much as I want Reid to come back - because I thought their relationship was just adorable and something that might actually last in the real world - I'm not going to believe it until I see it. It makes me sad, but I'm working through it )) The lesson that I'm taking from this is that the type of relationship I want for myself and my future husband is one that is similar to the type of relationship that Jillian and Reid had (have??). And so I'm trying to stay positive and just realize that everyone has their own idea of what the perfect relationship is. If she really had that with Reid, I guess I'm most inclined to think that she would have kept him around one more week.

All that being said - I hope I'm proved wrong and that Reid comes back and wins her heart. Until we find out for sure one way or the other - what does anyone else think about the whole Ed possibly leaving to break up with someone, so that he can come back and focus on Jilly? Of course, this doesn't take the editing and the scripting that goes on - but I just wanted to share my thoughts!
    Welcome and good post. I don't see Ed going home solely to deal with the "gf problem," but I don't know. If he does "own up" to Jillian, I just hope she remembers him saying, "I don't have a girlfriend" at the rose ceremony. Withholding some info till he can "clean it up" is one thing (not sure how I'd feel about that IRL, but it tends to stink), but outright lying to her is another. She's been quoted a couple times saying lying to her won't be tolerated. Who knows, though. She seems to backpedal quite a bit this season.
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

Quote Originally Posted by Phyllie;3579728;
    The problem is you have to look at each sentence separately, and they may or may not be related.
    She says..
    HE got down on his knees to propose...but she doesn't say who.
    I agree..I think we need to take these VOs and match them with the scenerios we have come up with. with SC as backup we SHOULD be able to come up with Fleiss' evil plan! *rubs hands together and twirls evil mustache*

Quote Originally Posted by valleyforge1778;3579671;
    Is it just me or does Kip look like he is wearing the exact same suit that Jason wore last season?

/photos clipped for space/
    Looks similar, doesn't it? But they'd have had to let the chest out a bazillion times for Kip.
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

Quote Originally Posted by I'msotired;3579759;
    Welcome and good post. I don't see Ed going home solely to deal with the "gf problem," but I don't know. If he does "own up" to Jillian, I just hope she remembers him saying, "I don't have a girlfriend" at the rose ceremony. Withholding some info till he can "clean it up" is one thing (not sure how I'd feel about that IRL, but it tends to stink), but outright lying to her is another. She's been quoted a couple times saying lying to her won't be tolerated. Who knows, though. She seems to backpedal quite a bit this season.
    Along with the "I would never lie".. " I am being honest"....schpill he dishes out

Quote Originally Posted by Parasolpink;3579661;
    re: edit bad no- tearjerker yes.
    OH, I hope Kip doesn't propose; let the man leave in dignity. I agree with you. If TPTB wants him to be the next Bachelor, and if Jillian uses the "perfect" excuse to let him go, I am sure he will still have a good edit. However, they will definitely make him heartbroken I am resigned that he's F2, but I don't want to feel too sad for him.
    (I had to go back to the non-spoiler thread to remind myself he seems happy in those post-show photos).
    <---------- I post so I can see more of him

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by vedagirl;3579660;
    Hi! I've been reading almost all the posts pretty religiously but this is my first post. I'm new to this, but I really wanted to share some thoughts and observations that I haven't heard talked about in any previous posts (sorry if I missed it somewhere). So - today I went back and watched some of the earlier episodes from this season. I think that Jillian offers a lot of clues to the type of guy she is looking for during her PIs. I'm not sure what to make of what she says because I don't see those things in her relationships with either Kiptyn or Ed. But, one thing that I noticed today that I think is very interesting - is that Ed leaves right after that whole "girlfriend" debacle while everyone was focused on Wes having a girlfriend. Now, since there are rumors out there that Ed also had someone waiting back home for him - I'm wondering if he actually went back to break up with her - and then came back once that was taken care of. What do you think???? It would explain his change in behavior since he's been back. And it might also explain the twist at the end. Maybe before he proposes he will attempt to come clean about why he left (i.e. the "confession"), so that Jillian knows he can trust her.

All that being said, I DO NOT want Jillian to pick Ed. I think Reid is simply the most adorable guy that I've seen over the last few years on the Bachelorette, and I'm sad that Jillian wasn't willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and TRUST his feelings, even though he wasn't quite ready to express them fully. And as much as I want Reid to come back - because I thought their relationship was just adorable and something that might actually last in the real world - I'm not going to believe it until I see it. It makes me sad, but I'm working through it )) The lesson that I'm taking from this is that the type of relationship I want for myself and my future husband is one that is similar to the type of relationship that Jillian and Reid had (have??). And so I'm trying to stay positive and just realize that everyone has their own idea of what the perfect relationship is. If she really had that with Reid, I guess I'm most inclined to think that she would have kept him around one more week.

All that being said - I hope I'm proved wrong and that Reid comes back and wins her heart. Until we find out for sure one way or the other - what does anyone else think about the whole Ed possibly leaving to break up with someone, so that he can come back and focus on Jilly? Of course, this doesn't take the editing and the scripting that goes on - but I just wanted to share my thoughts!
    Welcome aboard vedagirl. I think he was sent back home to clean up the mess. Not sure what that mess was, but I have a hunch it would have affected this production in some way and then they ended up working it into the story line for better or for worse. MHO. As far as Reid vs Ed, when this is over and done with, personally I would be much prouder of my choice if it were Reid. Ed's edit ( the eye contact issue, going home mid way and gf's, ED issue on Nat'l TV, to name a few) nope, not something people will get passed easily and I'm not talking fans and posters, but family and close friends. Again, JMO.