Page 12 of 939 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262112512 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by sanlee;3579595;
    Well, do you think that after him having a wonderful edit throughout the whole show, they will give him a bad edit in the end? What would be the point? lol
    re: edit bad no- tearjerker yes.
    "No matter how lovesick a woman is, she shouldn't take the first pill that comes along!"Joyce Brothers

FORT Regular

I've been trying to figure all this out, and I'm just as lost as I was after Jillian let Reid go. I have to agree with ZulaMae about both Jillian and Reid being manipulated to produce a "Brilliant" ending. I also think perhaps Jillian was lighting a fire under Reid to get him to realize his feeling for her. Reid himself said sometimes he doesn't know he's in love and he needs someone to light a fire under him for him to realize he's in love. Then its "hey, I'm in love". I remember that from an earlier episode. He even mentioned it again to Jillian at the LCD. There is a strong possibility that Reid comes back and tells her he loves her. Could this be the "unbelievable proposal"?

I, too, find it puzzling that TPTB would imply Ed had E.D. issues if he is indeed F1. Did Jillian know about the rumors of a gf? Did Ed maybe tell her? I very much doubt it during the taping of this show. I think Ed would propose given the opportunity and it would be neither surprising nor unbelievable. I'm not sure Jillian will accept. Just a feeling I have.

Kip is such a catch that if he isn't F1 he should be the next Bachelor. He's had a "clean" edit. The question is more does Jillian feel she's good enough for Kip and not the other way around. It's hard to believe she'd pick him if she is insecure. I think she is infatuated with the thought of him, but is that enough for a proposal? I do think Kip could surprise us all and propose. That would be unexpected but not unbelievable.

The word "unbelievable" has an entirely different connotation. It can mean Reid comes back and proclaims his love and proposes or perhaps Jillian turns the table and does the proposing to her F1. Either of these scenarios would be both surprising and unbelievable.

Is it just me or does Kip look like he is wearing the exact same suit that Jason wore last season?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3579655;
    The huge problem with that scenario is that they will LIE through their teeth. They might promise him anything to get him to the the ATFR and then shaft him as hard and as far as they can with the edit regardless of what they promised. These are not principled people you are dealing with - when questioned, their answer is, "This is reality TV." If anybody still doubts, they need to go back and re-read that tell all piece that is written by a former producer.
    She spells out their goals plainly.
    I think we're agreeing.

My point was that TPTB would use Ed's edit as a leveraging tool for an ATFR appearance, if he was not cooperating. They don't have to make good on their promises.

Quote Originally Posted by lolababy;3579611;
    I think this is exactly it.. One of the two guys proposes to her BEFORE the Rose Ceremony. I think it's Ed.

Kip will propose, too (for show) during the FRC. Jill will say no, and this sets him up for the Bachelor.

Ta Da!
    If the "early" proposal is from either the F1 or F2, I don't think I'll like that too much. Seems pushy and arrogant to not wait for Jillian's ceremony. Leads me back to Reid who wouldn't have that option (to wait for the FRC).
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

Quote Originally Posted by I'msotired;3579704;
    If the "early" proposal is from either the F1 or F2, I don't think I'll like that too much. Seems pushy and arrogant to not wait for Jillian's ceremony. Leads me back to Reid who wouldn't have that option (to wait for the FRC).
    Makes sense since he's worried one of the other guys might beat him to the punch...
    "No matter how lovesick a woman is, she shouldn't take the first pill that comes along!"Joyce Brothers

Quote Originally Posted by Phyllie;3579659;
    Thought this might be helpful. The progression of promos. All aired well past the filming of the FRC.

Quote from the first FRC promo... (6-22ish)

When I woke up this morning I was very sure that I was going to be an engaged woman by the end of the day.

I knew who it was going to be with and I was so excited.

Then the guy that was so difficult to let go came to the door and wants to sweep me off my feet.

He got down on one knee to propose and I owe it to myself to take some time to think about this.

I just hope I'm making the right decision today.

I didn't question things until today. (Kip)

It was hard for me to hear the things he had to say. I don't know what I'm supposed to do. OMG

I can tell she's confused. (Reid)

I've had it.
    I just thought OMG did I make the wrong choice? It's heartbreaking for me, there's nothing I can do, there's no turning back right now.

promo 7-6

I just hope I'm making the right decision today.

I didn't question things until today. (Kip)

It was hard for me to hear the things he had to say.

I didn't want to hurt her but I have to do this. (Ed)
    Omg..
    I can tell she's confused. (Reid)
    I've had it.
    I just thought OMG did I make the wrong choice? It's heartbreaking for me, there's nothing I can do, there's no turning back right now

This weeks promo...

Jillian is in love with two men...(Chris H voiceover)

Both of these men are perfect for me and I'm having such a hard time figuring out how to decide. (Jillian voiceover)

Kip and Ed have one more chance to tell Jillian how they feel. (Chris VO)

You could be the person I could be with for the rest of my life. (ED)

I really do see a future for us, and when I say future I think a marriage and family and kids. (Kip)

Part of me feels like I'm in a dream. (JIllian VO)

But an unexpected confession makes Jillian question everything. (Chris VO)

I don't know what I'm supposed to do. (Jillian VO)

I've never had to let someone go that I"m crazy about. There's no turning back right now. OMG (JIllian VO)

It was hard for me to hear the things he had to say. I don't know how my heart is going to hold up. (see her say the first part. Second part, a VO)
    Thank you so much for doing this for us!! =)

So I was right and it does mention that the guy who comes back proposes.....

He got down on one knee to propose and I owe it to myself to take some time to think about this.
    That guy is Reid so he does propose. I wonder if it's on the FRC day or days earlier....

whoever has access to that teleconference next Wednesday needs to spill...I think that may be interesting. Of course Jillian will be SURROUNDED by handlers, and will have been well coached before answering. But hopefully she will get all giggly and spill something....

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Parasolpink;3579716;
    Makes sense since he's worried one of the other guys might beat him to the punch...
    Just like he said!

Quote Originally Posted by sanlee;3579718;
    Thank you so much for doing this for us!! =)

So I was right and it does mention that the guy who comes back proposes.....

That guy is Reid so he does propose. I wonder if it's on the FRC day or days earlier....
    The problem is you have to look at each sentence separately, and they may or may not be related.
    She says..
    HE got down on his knees to propose...but she doesn't say who.