Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by blindmouse23;3583766;
    Folks:
    after watching these episodes do you really think Kip's oh so snobby mother would allow Kip to disgrace the family name by becoming the next bachelor, horror of horrors. What would that look like to have her son behaving semi disgraceful, look how he has been such a gentleman this time around, wouldn't be able to get away with it on his own story.
    Kiptyn is a 100% stand-up guy. This show would be beyond happy to have him. They would find a way to create drama though. That's the show's M.O.

Quote Originally Posted by goldie2;3583749;
    Respectfully,This seems unfair to Jill, and ED, no?
    She did not keep ED because he said ILY.If anything she would have cut him and saved him any further hurt down the road if she wasn't feeling it for ED.

It doesn't make Reid's case for a "possible "return and happily ever after any stronger either by saying Jill just
    wants a ring and proposal, does it? Because in your theory if Reid returns, is he also saying ILY and proposing?
    Because if he doesn't propose or say ILY,, then I guess Jill still will reject him, no?
    As far as ED, he seems like a Guy in love to me..
    I think people should cut him some slack , sometimes guys in love look alittle goofy when they profess it ..just makes him more genuine to me.. I think he is like a love sick school boy myself.. Extremely endeering..
    It doesn't make Jill look too good but I'm hoping that it's not permanent. I hope that she just had a momentary freakout, did something incredibly dumb imo but quickly realized her mistake and will go on to reject the others and clearly make it known that she just wants Reid and got scared. At least, that's the hope I have.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

I am thinking that many people will want to interview ed and jill (if he's the f1) just to talk about the bedroom disaster. This will make them more in demand which is what abc wants anyway. The more controversy the better.

FORT Fogey

Any idea what CH's VO "but an unexpected confession makes Jillian question everything"

Let's say we attribute this to Reid. Reid's unexpected confession could be his declaration of his love/feelings to her. So why would that make her question everything?

What can Kip confess about that would make her question everything? Even if he proposes and he ends up being turned down where he says "I didn't question this until today" it doesn't answer how that would make Jillian question everything.

There are a few theories out there that Ed may confess to something about the time he was away or even his reluctance to propose at the last minute (some have posted that he didn't want to go past f2) could that make Jillian question everything? Or could it be something that throws her for a loop - maybe he fesses up about the gf.

We have not heard any rumors or stories about Kip or Reid that could come up at the last minute. If there was anything to know, the rumor mill would have flushed some of it out by now.

So any ideas WHAT IS THIS UNEXPECTED CONFESSION MAKES JILLIAN QUESTION EVERYTHING?

Any thoughts?

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3583655;
    Most people vent to people, not walls. Though I have been known to yell at my tv from time to time, so who am I to judge? If it was told to someone with hopes it would get out that doesn't mean that what was told was untrue.
    --------------------

And I am sure that whatever their reason is to vent that they are expecting to not be "outed" by the person they confide in. I have a feeling that there are a lot of people who can imagine by now who sdl's source is or not who but what his function is on the show.

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3583788;
    Any idea what CH's VO "but an unexpected confession makes Jillian question everything"

Let's say we attribute this to Reid. Reid's unexpected confession could be his declaration of his love/feelings to her. So why would that make her question everything?

What can Kip confess about that would make her question everything? Even if he proposes and he ends up being turned down where he says "I didn't question this until today" it doesn't answer how that would make Jillian question everything.

There are a few theories out there that Ed may confess to something about the time he was away or even his reluctance to propose at the last minute (some have posted that he didn't want to go past f2) could that make Jillian question everything? Or could it be something that throws her for a loop - maybe he fesses up about the gf.

We have not heard any rumors or stories about Kip or Reid that could come up at the last minute. If there was anything to know, the rumor mill would have flushed some of it out by now.

So any ideas WHAT IS THIS UNEXPECTED CONFESSION MAKES JILLIAN QUESTION EVERYTHING?

Any thoughts?
    If you had made up your mind between two men...and the third that was hard to let go comes back, wouldn't it at least make you pause and think?

FORT Newbie

Has anyone noticed that Jill has two different dresses on during the FRC? They look alike from a distance but up close one is satin and one is an over-lay - like sateen or taffeta underneath with a crepe like material on top? What could this mean?

Quote Originally Posted by snarkattack222;3583723;
    The feedback that Reid has this difficulty of commiting and being decisive came from his father and brothers (his family) who knew him well. The feedback that Ed is a no good cad who cannot be truthful and is unable to love anyone, came from busybodies who enjoyed raking people through the coals who cannot defend themselves. Big difference.

( I never trust therapist or social workers anyway, specially those who are too quick to condemn people who they have never met.. sometimes they like to listen to people only to spill to their friends at church, however Im a fan of Dr Phil... sheesh sometimes I kill myself)
    I'm confused, re: the bolded sentence. No one who's given us information has said Ed's a "no good cad who cannot be truthful and is unable to love anyone." From what I've seen, the sources, whomever they may be, are most giving info about behaviors. And from what I remember, several of the people who've passed on info. have repeatedly said one can be a lousy boyfriend, make stupid choices, etc. and still be a decent human being. Just very flawed in that area. If I'm misunderstanding, please correct me.

As for the second part of your post, OUCH! Guess you'll never trust me then! I too am in a related field, and I'll just say that if you really know of SWs or therapists who just "like to listen to people only to spill to their friends at church" and know for a fact they do this, then I suggest you report them to their respective supervisors and/or ethics board.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by AvalonR;3583692;
    Yeah, what happened there? She wasn't like that last season, and she didn't even start out like that this season. Wasn't she the one telling CH "easy on the H-word" on the first episode?

I can kind of see why she's insecure/desperate though. She's had more thrown at her than any other Bachelorette. One guy leaves, others apparently have girlfriends, Wes is using her to promote his music... I think all of these things combined may be why we're seeing such a shift in mentality, from "que sera, sera" to "let's get this done" (as she said on her date with Reid).
    This is the part that bothers me the most as well. Earlier in the season she seemed more confident and okay with the possibility of ending up without her match (she mentions ending up right where she was before the show started - which was a "great" place). Now all of a sudden, especially in her conversations with Reid, she is quite focused on the commitment. It's like she's forgotten who she is and what she wants. And Reid, as well as Kiptyn, both seem to be standing with their feet on the ground. IMO, Ed is somewhere in the clouds spouting about love - and it just seems fishy to me. Of course he's going to say he loves her because after that weird FS night with Ed, the only thing he can do is say that he loves her - or else he would have gotten the boot.

I'm so tired of these strange unhappy endings - Jason's season was a total bust. It just left a bad taste in my mouth and now it just doesn't look good. Even if Jillian pick Kiptyn, I'll wonder why since he was just as non-committal (if not more) than Reid. Of course, then it could just be the editing that made me (and many others) think that there was a real love connection between Jilly and Reid. If Jillian picks Ed, I'm inclined to think that her desire to be married trumped logic AND true love. Of course, it's obvious who my pick would have been, but regardless, I think Jillian is making women look bad. Or maybe it's just the editing that's making it seem like she chose words of commitment over real feelings of love. Who knows? At this point I'm just looking forward to the 27th so I can stop thinking about this.

Quote Originally Posted by GTTEXAS;3583809;
    Has anyone noticed that Jill has two different dresses on during the FRC? They look alike from a distance but up close one is satin and one is an over-lay - like sateen or taffeta underneath with a crepe like material on top? What could this mean?
    It's probably because the first time, they shot scenes in Spain for the promo since the show started while they were still shooting. The second one is the real one.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City