Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by heatmiser;3583097;
    You can infer that Jillian felt more or had more chemistry with her F2 than Reid, it's logical, but until Jillian actually SAYS that, it's not irrefutable. What she did say, actually, in her own words, was that she had all the right feelings for Reid, but that they were too carefree and flighty while they were together, and she was worried that they weren't on the same page as far as a serious relationship. Feelings..check. Chemistry...check. Future goals and plans...maybe no so much? With Ed it was the opposite almost. Feelings...sorta check. Future goals and plans...check. Chemistry....maybe not so much? Technically, that leaves the door wide open for his return, because Reid can change her POV about his intentions, but you can't manufacture feelings that aren't there. Now, the final dates may change her feelings for the other guys and make them even stronger, but at that point that she let Reid go, those are the reasons she gave.
    Interesting take! I wonder if she'll be measuring these factors against Kip and Ed on their LCDs.
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3583579;
    You're right, they're not supposed to be using cell phones to start with---but clearly Ed was---he got his work calls, he got a totally inappropriate prank call from some poster here (if I remember correctly) and answered his phone (in Hawaii?), and I am certain he had the ability to text with people from Chicago.

Make matters worse for what man?

The point is the handler must have been with Ed while he was texting in order to have seen it. According to sdl he was supposed to be making things better. So if the handler was there it had to have been cleared and if they know he had a phone I would think they would have taken it from him right afterwards. So it doesn't add up. If Ed wasn't using his own phone or tptb took the phone away how do we know they actually came from Ed then?

If sdl's source life was so bad that he had to tell someone why would he give the information out to someone that may spread it all over the internet. Surely if his life was so bad at the time trying to fix the mess he would not want the information out. So why would someone knowing someone gave them information about something that was upsetting them spread that news around? I sure would have kept it private not wanting to make it worse for me source but that is just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nova14;3583666;
    That part is making me a little sad for Jill. She is so desperate for that proposal and ring. And when any of them give her a compliment she digs for more and more. She doesn't need to be so insecure and desperate.
    But if she is happy now it doesn't matter what you or I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3583706;
    Your comment brings up something that I've been thinking - for those who have a favorite and are intent on their favorite being chosen F1, why do you want that for him? Jillian is looking like less of a 'catch' as the season progresses. She seems to be spouting the 'party line' more and more, and just following down the same path all of those before her have. Curious.
    I wouldn't say that I have a favourite (bachelor), but that I have a favourite relationship. When the season first started, I was leaning toward Kip and Jillian, but that all changed when I saw her with Reid. For whatever reason, I just believe in those two.
    - Avalon
    I can't bring myself to water these birch trees or believe in them.

sueb1961: If they're not true, what is the point of making up these salacious rumors for all of the sources involved? They could have easily been trashing Wes who was already chosen as the designated whipping boy this season or heavens to betsy, why not attack St Reid or Kiptyn? Why Ed? This is one of the many reasons I think the rumors are true: no reason for them not to be imo.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

To love and be loved is.. goldie2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3583652;
    Oh boy, she loved it!! Seriously. IMO, it's the only reason she kept him too. She wants that ring and that proposal. She was eating it up.
    Respectfully,This seems unfair to Jill, and ED, no?
    She did not keep ED because he said ILY.If anything she would have cut him and saved him any further hurt down the road if she wasn't feeling it for ED.

It doesn't make Reid's case for a "possible "return and happily ever after any stronger either by saying Jill just
    wants a ring and proposal, does it? Because in your theory if Reid returns, is he also saying ILY and proposing?
    Because if he doesn't propose or say ILY,, then I guess Jill still will reject him, no?
    As far as ED, he seems like a Guy in love to me..
    I think people should cut him some slack , sometimes guys in love look alittle goofy when they profess it ..just makes him more genuine to me.. I think he is like a love sick school boy myself.. Extremely endeering..

Quote Originally Posted by sueb1961;3583729;
    The point is the handler must have been with Ed while he was texting in order to have seen it. According to sdl he was supposed to be making things better. So if the handler was there it had to have been cleared and if they know he had a phone I would think they would have taken it from him right afterwards. So it doesn't add up. If Ed wasn't using his own phone or tptb took the phone away how do we know they actually came from Ed then?

If sdl's source life was so bad that he had to tell someone why would he give the information out to someone that may spread it all over the internet. Surely if his life was so bad at the time trying to fix the mess he would not want the information out. So why would someone knowing someone gave them information about something that was upsetting them spread that news around? I sure would have kept it private not wanting to make it worse for me source but that is just me.
    IMO, the producers wanted it spread. It's drumming up interest in their finale. Based on the last few seasons, I'd say the edit is moving along according to plan.
    If Ed is F1, he and Jillian are under the bus, and media and audience darling Reid may be the Bachelor.

Brad and not chosing...under the bus, Deanna=Bachelorette
    Deanna and Jesse...under the bus. Jason=bachelor
    Jason and Molly...under the bus. Melissa=bachelorette but passed the torch to Jillian=bachelorette

Quote Originally Posted by Phyllie;3583186;
    Maybe Ed will be the next Bachelor and his season will be billed as the search for a woman that can cure his problem.
    Well, I'd settle for ANYTHING with a discernible theme at this point.
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

Folks:
    after watching these episodes do you really think Kip's oh so snobby mother would allow Kip to disgrace the family name by becoming the next bachelor, horror of horrors. What would that look like to have her son behaving semi disgraceful, look how he has been such a gentleman this time around, wouldn't be able to get away with it on his own story.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3583650;
    IMO, I think it was easier for him to say it to the cameraman than to her for several reasons:

1. he was somewhat in shock of what had just happened, chatty people have a tendency to babble when they're in shock

2. the production staff was engaging him in conversation about what just happened and he was probably censoring himself less than usual because he was trying to process his feelings

3. it is easier to say that you're falling in love when you are talking "about" it than it is to say it to the person who may or may not be returning that feeling

4. I think it was said in terms of an "OMG" realization that although he knew he was feeling that way the fact that he hadn't actually, literally verbalized it had caused him to (potentially) lose the person he felt that way about---eek.

ENTIRELY my opinion.
    So Reid was able to verbalize his feelings while in shock. Will he be able to tell Jilly to her face once he's over that shock? Or will this be when he says "I let my fears get in the way" and he will never have told her?