Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

  1. #1121
    FORT Fogey GuardianAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Niagara Falls Canada
    Posts
    4,586

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

    We have a therapist and a psychologist on board??? Man can I use you help!!

  2. #1122
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,691

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

    Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3583678;
    Yeah, it's really, really sad. I don't know where the "I want to have fun and go on an adventure and hopefully meet interesting people and oh maybe fall in love if I'm lucky" morphed into "Will you propose? Yes? I need a concrete answer, right now. The shrimp will not save you!!" I would be afraid if I were the men, seriously.
    I wonder if part of it is production manipulation. She seemed to go from independent and fun loving to needing to know if they will propose at the end of it. I wonder if show's agenda somehow was passed on down to her and this is how she is viewing her season's success.

    If she was asking about dating in real life or how she some themselves in a long term committment it would be one thing but this is all about the engagement and ring not just the relationship itself.

  3. #1123
    FORT Fogey AvalonR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,652

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

    Quote Originally Posted by Nova14;3583666;
    That part is making me a little sad for Jill. She is so desperate for that proposal and ring. And when any of them give her a compliment she digs for more and more. She doesn't need to be so insecure and desperate.
    Yeah, what happened there? She wasn't like that last season, and she didn't even start out like that this season. Wasn't she the one telling CH "easy on the H-word" on the first episode?

    I can kind of see why she's insecure/desperate though. She's had more thrown at her than any other Bachelorette. One guy leaves, others apparently have girlfriends, Wes is using her to promote his music... I think all of these things combined may be why we're seeing such a shift in mentality, from "que sera, sera" to "let's get this done" (as she said on her date with Reid).
    - Avalon
    I can't bring myself to water these birch trees or believe in them.

  4. #1124
    FORT Fogey cheekychook's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    in the Enchanted Forest
    Posts
    1,645

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

    Quote Originally Posted by sueb1961;3583553;
    I am pretty sure I said IF. And Ed was not filming IF he was seeing someone when he went back home. There is no proof as far as I am concerned that he did. Even if Ed was seeing someone and he is willing to end all other relationships it should not matter to any of us. IMO it is a matter for Jillian and Ed to work out if he is the F1.
    All I was saying was that we don't know if Jillian knew anything about any situation Ed had at home. We do, however, know that she didn't react well to the possibility that Wes had feelings for someone at home. From that I personally infer that she would not have been happy to know about Ed having unresolved relationships at home, particularly since he had them while home on hiatus from filming, and particularly since they needed to be addressed after he returned to filming. I could be inferring incorrectly. I also don't recall any posts stating that Ed was no longer pursuing the Chicago relationship after he wrapped up filming. In any case, yes, it's a matter for Jillian and Ed to work out if he's F1.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

    Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook

  5. #1125
    Team Choca. Brad who?! Alanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    9,066

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

    Quote Originally Posted by dixiechick80;3583681;
    and rejection feels hurtful and invalidating regardless of who the rejector is.
    (And Cheeky, I am also a therapist; a psychologist in private practice)
    I don't if you've already posted this anywhere but have you psychoanalyzed what's going on with Jill? And her insecurities regarding the men, esp Reid? I'll understand if you don't want to bring your work home with you, but I think many would be interested in hearing your persepective.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

  6. #1126
    FORT Fogey AvalonR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,652

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

    Quote Originally Posted by Nova14;3583666;
    That part is making me a little sad for Jill. She is so desperate for that proposal and ring. And when any of them give her a compliment she digs for more and more. She doesn't need to be so insecure and desperate.
    Yeah, what happened there? She wasn't like that last season, and she didn't even start out like that this season. Wasn't she the one telling CH "easy on the H-word" on the first episode?

    I can kind of see why she's insecure/desperate though. She's had more thrown at her than any other Bachelorette. One guy leaves, others apparently have girlfriends, Wes is using her to promote his music... I think all of these things combined may be why we're seeing such a shift in mentality, from "que sera, sera" to "let's get this done" (as she said on her date with Reid).
    Last edited by BritLit; 07-17-2009 at 11:14 PM.
    - Avalon
    I can't bring myself to water these birch trees or believe in them.

  7. #1127
    FORT Fogey atem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    15,278

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

    Quote Originally Posted by Nova14;3583690;
    I wonder if part of it is production manipulation. She seemed to go from independent and fun loving to needing to know if they will propose at the end of it. I wonder if show's agenda somehow was passed on down to her and this is how she is viewing her season's success.

    If she was asking about dating in real life or how she some themselves in a long term committment it would be one thing but this is all about the engagement and ring not just the relationship itself.
    Jillian said that she related to Reid the most...so, I do think it was due to a ton of pressure that affected some things. How could it not?

  8. #1128
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5,114

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

    Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3583678;
    Yeah, it's really, really sad. I don't know where the "I want to have fun and go on an adventure and hopefully meet interesting people and oh maybe fall in love if I'm lucky" morphed into "Will you propose? Yes? I need a concrete answer, right now. The shrimp will not save you!!" I would be afraid if I were the men, seriously.
    Your comment brings up something that I've been thinking - for those who have a favorite and are intent on their favorite being chosen F1, why do you want that for him? Jillian is looking like less of a 'catch' as the season progresses. She seems to be spouting the 'party line' more and more, and just following down the same path all of those before her have. Curious.

  9. #1129
    Team Choca. Brad who?! Alanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    9,066

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

    Quote Originally Posted by Nova14;3583690;
    I wonder if part of it is production manipulation. She seemed to go from independent and fun loving to needing to know if they will propose at the end of it. I wonder if show's agenda somehow was passed on down to her and this is how she is viewing her season's success.

    If she was asking about dating in real life or how she some themselves in a long term committment it would be one thing but this is all about the engagement and ring not just the relationship itself.
    That's exactly what I'm talking about. Her wanting to find a man to love and commit to her is one thing. But she only seems to be interested in finding whoever will get down on his knee at the end of six week. I wish she went back to being the normal, happy Jilly Bean she was on Jason's season and the first half of her own. Everything changed in Spain and she went slightly bonkers.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

  10. #1130
    Team Choca. Brad who?! Alanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    9,066

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

    Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3583706;
    Your comment brings up something that I've been thinking - for those who have a favorite and are intent on their favorite being chosen F1, why do you want that for him? Jillian is looking like less of a 'catch' as the season progresses. She seems to be spouting the 'party line' more and more, and just following down the same path all of those before her have. Curious.
    I still adore her and she's my favorite lead since Meredith, so many, many seasons. Despite her showing her insecurities and being a little crazy, I do still think she's a catch. Moreover, I think she's a catch for the right man, not just anyone and I really think she has met him on this show.

    Let me live in this happy world for 11 more days until she stomps all over his heart and accepts a proposal from Magnum PI!
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.