Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by sungelly87;3583521;
    Ed tells Jillian that he is "absolutely in love" with her so I don't think she would be shocked to hear him say ILY to her. I think she was just shocked that it was in the form of the video message.
    Not only that but we don't know if that was her actual reaction to his words. That could have been edited from any of them. We will never know what her real reaction to any of the video's were. Well I guess that could be said about everything, sometimes things are really said about one man and used for another. We just don't know what was edited or not.

Quote Originally Posted by nennie;3583518;
    If he didn't want it to get out he should have simply kept his mouth shut and vented to the wall. I believe it was told to get out and put in the hands of the one that would tell it.
    Most people vent to people, not walls. Though I have been known to yell at my tv from time to time, so who am I to judge? If it was told to someone with hopes it would get out that doesn't mean that what was told was untrue.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3583650;
    IMO, I think it was easier for him to say it to the cameraman than to her for several reasons:

1. he was somewhat in shock of what had just happened, chatty people have a tendency to babble when they're in shock

2. the production staff was engaging him in conversation about what just happened and he was probably censoring himself less than usual because he was trying to process his feelings

3. it is easier to say that you're falling in love when you are talking "about" it than it is to say it to the person who may or may not be returning that feeling
    4. I think it was said in terms of an "OMG" realization that although he knew he was feeling that way the fact that he hadn't actually, literally verbalized it had caused him to (potentially) lose the person he felt that way about---eek.

ENTIRELY my opinion.
    All very good points that I agree with, but especially #3. This show is all about one person pouring out your feeling to another, but the lead cannot do the same. When you get let go, you feel like an idiot. How many times do we hear that?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3583652;
    She wants that ring and that proposal. She was eating it up.
    That part is making me a little sad for Jill. She is so desperate for that proposal and ring. And when any of them give her a compliment she digs for more and more. She doesn't need to be so insecure and desperate.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3583546;
    Isn't that a common phrase for people who can't express themselves with their feelings. I thought you knew, I don't have to tell you, kinda thing? Why is that I wonder.
    I don't know. I'd ask my husband to explain, but he's not really good at expressing himself. ROFL
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook

Quote Originally Posted by Nova14;3583666;
    That part is making me a little sad for Jill. She is so desperate for that proposal and ring. And when any of them give her a compliment she digs for more and more. She doesn't need to be so insecure and desperate.
    She is far from insecure and desperate IMO. There is no way she would choose anyone, if she in fact didn't fall for someone. IMO She digs for more because she needed to know exactly who felt what for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Nova14;3583666;
    Yeah, it's really, really sad. I don't know where the "I want to have fun and go on an adventure and hopefully meet interesting people and oh maybe fall in love if I'm lucky" morphed into "Will you propose? Yes? I need a concrete answer, right now. The shrimp will not save you!!" I would be afraid if I were the men, seriously.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3583514;
    I agree that Jillian was very upset when Ed left, and that she really was broken up about the fact that she wouldn't get to see where things went with him, but I think a good deal of her upset was also in regard to the fact that his leaving shook her up in terms of the bigger realization that "hey, it's not just up to me, the guys have a say too and they could just up and walk out on me whether I want them here or not". JMO
    and rejection feels hurtful and invalidating regardless of who the rejector is.
    (And Cheeky, I am also a therapist; a psychologist in private practice)

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3583670;
    I don't know. I'd ask my husband to explain, but he's not really good at expressing himself. ROFL
    ROTFL! I know exactly what you mean!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Debalou;3583540;
    Please permit me to agree 100%. Exactly what I see. Jillian hoped to fall in love IMO. But never did she expect to feel the way she did about Reid. He did not fit her idea of what she wanted and needed. That's why the feelings scared her so much and without the assurance that he was falling just as hard she became insecure. There is no doubt in my mind that she loves him. She just panicked because she didn't want to be left high and dry. He also panicked IMO. THE MORE SHE PUSHED THE MORE HE HELD BACK BUT IT REALLY WAS A MATCH> HOPE IT WORKS OUT>
    I didn't take the time to go back and find cheekychook's original post that sparked the above reply and mine--forgive me.

And I am repeating myself, a bit, from several days ago.

Jillian knew Kip's stance on a proposal; he thought it was "premature." Still, she kept him.

Way early on, Jillian said of the experience that she "had to throw out her list," or something close to that. But "throwing out" or "getting rid of" her list was said. So then we (are allowed to) hear the conversation between Reid and Jillian when she says he "wasn't on her list," and he replies that she "wasn't on his list either." According to Jillian, we have heard that Ed's qualities of TDH--tall, dark and handsome ARE on her list.

Jillian has been far less vocal about her feelings for the F3 than she has been concerned about their feelings for her. Yes, she's given the standard disclaimer that she's falling for all three. Nothing new there. But I totally believe that TPTB tapped into every ounce of her insecurities, which made her push Reid harder than she pushed Kip. She wanted Reid more, but I can just hear the handlers asking her, "Could you handle it if Reid turned you down?"

Sooo, methinks it aint over 'til it's over. Too many loose ends.