Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3583442;
    I know there's some sort of really good Pinnocchio/wooden boy joke in there somewhere. Anyone see it?
    Well, an inverse relationship perhaps... When Pinocchio lies, his nose gets longer....I'll leave the rest for you to ponder...

Quote Originally Posted by Phyllie;3583606;
    TPTB did a pretty good hatchet job on Deanna (I always thought she did it to herself) and they didn't shine such a pretty light on Graham (with even Chris piling on) and what they did to Jason (even if they didn't force him to pick the wrong girl) was brutal.

The participants of the revolving door are almost always show darlings in the first show they are on and then vilified in the second. Wonder if Jillian will be redeemed or if she will go further under the bus with Ed?

I'm getting a little queasy about what they may be planning for Ed, and possibly even Jillian. After reading some of that contract and what they can do to you, and make you do, and after the bus that ran over him in the last episode, not to mention production sources spreading rumors about him, I think he may be in trouble.
    I really don't think they always do that. We still like quite a few of the leads, I think if the lead was a PITA, they get a horrible edit, if they were fine, their edit stays fine. Andy, Andrew, Meredith, Trista, Matt, Charlie, Byron, and many others have retained a good edit. Sure, they get flayed a bit for some of the things but no where near the Jason/Deanna/Brad scenarios. Jilly seems like a sweetie so I'm not too worried for her.

If anything, I think they'll show her confused and waffling, not anything too horrible.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by AvalonR;3583571;
    I just watched that part of the episode. He tells Jillian "I am absolutely falling in love with you." Then they show his PI and he tells the camera, "I told Jillian that I am completely in love with her."

They're not the same, dude! Get it straight.
    Well, it is hard to remember your script when you are tired and suburned.

Quote Originally Posted by pminn1608;3583613;
    On my screen looked like Jillian understood quite well what Ed told her and she was very happy (insert smile on her face) with what Ed said to her.

I think one can tell someone they are falling in love with them and ILY at the same time, that does not seem at all confusing to me.
    She honestly looked completely confused and shocked when she heard that message. I don't think she was expecting it. That might just be me though
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by SewCrazy;3583629;
    Well, it is hard to remember your script when you are tired and suburned.
    Man, please, he has a teleprompter, clearly. Otherwise, where else is he looking when speaking to her?
    ~ Sex and the City

Jillian sobbed when ed left. She cried when she let Reid go.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3583632;
    She honestly looked completely confused and shocked when she heard that message. I don't think she was expecting it. That might just be me though
    I guess she liked it. She did keep him.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Debalou;3583540 View Post
    Please permit me to agree 100%. Exactly what I see. Jillian hoped to fall in love IMO. But never did she expect to feel the way she did about Reid. He did not fit her idea of what she wanted and needed. That's why the feelings scared her so much and without the assurance that he was falling just as hard she became insecure. There is no doubt in my mind that she loves him. She just panicked because she didn't want to be left high and dry. He also panicked IMO. THE MORE SHE PUSHED THE MORE HE HELD BACK BUT IT REALLY WAS A MATCH> HOPE IT WORKS OUT>
    Is it a fiction movie or bachelorette reality show? She is smart, mature and independent. She made her decision for her F1/F2 and I believe she'll choose one of them as her F1. There is no conspiracy and no panick. Sometimes people just let their imagination run wild.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3583516;
    Why do you suppose he had no problem saying to a cameraman, he was falling for her moments after he was let go? and not during the whole process?

Regarding the bolded, I want someone to give him MY number so I can finance some of those multi million dollar listings! Hey Reid can provide jobs and get the economy moving!
    IMO, I think it was easier for him to say it to the cameraman than to her for several reasons:

1. he was somewhat in shock of what had just happened, chatty people have a tendency to babble when they're in shock

2. the production staff was engaging him in conversation about what just happened and he was probably censoring himself less than usual because he was trying to process his feelings

3. it is easier to say that you're falling in love when you are talking "about" it than it is to say it to the person who may or may not be returning that feeling

4. I think it was said in terms of an "OMG" realization that although he knew he was feeling that way the fact that he hadn't actually, literally verbalized it had caused him to (potentially) lose the person he felt that way about---eek.

ENTIRELY my opinion.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook

Quote Originally Posted by pattycake92;3583644;
    I guess she liked it. She did keep him.
    Oh boy, she loved it!! Seriously. IMO, it's the only reason she kept him too. She wants that ring and that proposal. She was eating it up.
    ~ Sex and the City