Page 11 of 939 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161111511 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Parasolpink;3579588;
    I agree Kiptyn is doing just fine. It's the edit I am wondering about. How will it come down?
    I'm wondering the same thing. What I do think though, is when Kip leaves, he will be nothing but a class act.

Here in the middle of it katincanada's Avatar

When Reid was in the limo leaving and doing his diary...he couldn't help but laugh or smirk lots....makes me think it's a script...were supposed to believe that he is leaving cause Jilly doesn't like him that much, but instead he is leaving cause that is the way this season plays out...so he couldn't keep a straight face.

Quote Originally Posted by sanlee;3579595;
    Well, do you think that after him having a wonderful edit throughout the whole show, they will give him a bad edit in the end? What would be the point? lol
    I dont' think it will be a bad edit. . .and I really like the guy....from day one. . . it was kip and reid for me.

However. .. he has the too good to be true edit. . .and jilli's responding. . .am I good enough for him? in his league ridiculous fears. ..

and his. . .not sure if he is ready for things. . ..

so F2 for me.
    Still hopeless to see a GREAT romance!! <3

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sanlee;3579595;
    Well, do you think that after him having a wonderful edit throughout the whole show, they will give him a bad edit in the end? What would be the point? lol
    I am quit sure Kip will continue to get a good edit, whether or not he is the next Bach (but especially if he is).

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by sanlee;3579586;
    Exactly, which I why it looks like Reid will propose to her. Unless of course it is unbelieveable because one of the final 2 guys proposes before the actual Final Rose Ceremony.
    I think this is exactly it.. One of the two guys proposes to her BEFORE the Rose Ceremony. I think it's Ed.

Kip will propose, too (for show) during the FRC. Jill will say no, and this sets him up for the Bachelor.

Ta Da!

I mistakingly put this in the Finale area and it really should probably be here instead...thoughts?

Jillian's been quite emotional several times this season.

Think back to last week when she was SO upset, even after what was clearly a lengthy time on the bench, PLUS Ed coming to talk to her, and then her finally with the F2 guys. Her heart was so not into it, she was just a mess, and the emotion of what she did was all over her face.

They do NOT want that for the FRC. They want her to look great and fresh and happy...

I could see them doing the proposal first, THEN have her "reject" the F2 (or even if Reid comes back, then reject two people, whomever they are). While they always touch up makeup between the rejection and the proposal, we've just seen Jillian wear her emotions far beyond what can be covered in makeup. They can avoid it by doing the proposal first and then the rjection.

THEN, they could bring her F1 back and then the hand over the heart shot.

It's a whole different thing for the guys, although they have makeup too, if they get all emotional like we saw Jason do last season.

If they assumed, based on how long it took her to get composed after Ed left in the beginning and Reid last week, I wouldn't find it far-fetched at all that they might break "tradition" and do the proposal first.

Quote Originally Posted by Parasolpink;3579562;
    I worry how Kiptyn will be let go...
    I am starting to wonder if the VO we hear of Kip saying "I didn't question things until today" is actual not as forboding as it seems and is actually leading in to him saying he loves her. I think about this show too much.
    oh no...it's the BIG 5-0 ...when did this happen

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3579532;

Why even put that in there? Let's ponder that for a while.

Say Ed is chosen as F1, Reid drama aside. Since the FRC things have fallen apart between Jillian and Ed (gfs or whatever). Ed is balking at showing up at the ATFR. We know from sdl that he gave production fits and was very demanding and difficult to work with. We know that they are still editing the finale. So, they air this very embarrassing footage of his FD (which was completely edited to be embarrassing, it was not at all what was insinuated on Monday night).

How do they get Ed to show up and play nice for the ATFR (which I assume is taped prior to airing of the FRC, to allow editing time)? The threat of even worse edit manipulation in the finale would be one possibility.

Don't know if any of this even holds water, but it's as likely as anything else I've read.

The huge problem with that scenario is that they will LIE through their teeth. They might promise him anything to get him to the the ATFR and then shaft him as hard and as far as they can with the edit regardless of what they promised. These are not principled people you are dealing with - when questioned, their answer is, "This is reality TV." If anybody still doubts, they need to go back and re-read that tell all piece that is written by a former producer.
    She spells out their goals plainly.

Thought this might be helpful. The progression of promos. All aired well past the filming of the FRC.

Quote from the first FRC promo... (6-22ish)

When I woke up this morning I was very sure that I was going to be an engaged woman by the end of the day.

I knew who it was going to be with and I was so excited.

Then the guy that was so difficult to let go came to the door and wants to sweep me off my feet.

He got down on one knee to propose and I owe it to myself to take some time to think about this.

I just hope I'm making the right decision today.

I didn't question things until today. (Kip)

It was hard for me to hear the things he had to say. I don't know what I'm supposed to do. OMG

I can tell she's confused. (Reid)

I've had it.
    I just thought OMG did I make the wrong choice? It's heartbreaking for me, there's nothing I can do, there's no turning back right now.

promo 7-6

I just hope I'm making the right decision today.

I didn't question things until today. (Kip)

It was hard for me to hear the things he had to say.

I didn't want to hurt her but I have to do this. (Ed)
    Omg..
    I can tell she's confused. (Reid)
    I've had it.
    I just thought OMG did I make the wrong choice? It's heartbreaking for me, there's nothing I can do, there's no turning back right now

This weeks promo...

Jillian is in love with two men...(Chris H voiceover)

Both of these men are perfect for me and I'm having such a hard time figuring out how to decide. (Jillian voiceover)

Kip and Ed have one more chance to tell Jillian how they feel. (Chris VO)

You could be the person I could be with for the rest of my life. (ED)

I really do see a future for us, and when I say future I think a marriage and family and kids. (Kip)

Part of me feels like I'm in a dream. (JIllian VO)

But an unexpected confession makes Jillian question everything. (Chris VO)

I don't know what I'm supposed to do. (Jillian VO)

I've never had to let someone go that I"m crazy about. There's no turning back right now. OMG (JIllian VO)

It was hard for me to hear the things he had to say. I don't know how my heart is going to hold up. (see her say the first part. Second part, a VO)
    Last edited by Phyllie; 07-16-2009 at 08:59 PM.

FORT Regular

Hi! I've been reading almost all the posts pretty religiously but this is my first post. I'm new to this, but I really wanted to share some thoughts and observations that I haven't heard talked about in any previous posts (sorry if I missed it somewhere). So - today I went back and watched some of the earlier episodes from this season. I think that Jillian offers a lot of clues to the type of guy she is looking for during her PIs. I'm not sure what to make of what she says because I don't see those things in her relationships with either Kiptyn or Ed. But, one thing that I noticed today that I think is very interesting - is that Ed leaves right after that whole "girlfriend" debacle while everyone was focused on Wes having a girlfriend. Now, since there are rumors out there that Ed also had someone waiting back home for him - I'm wondering if he actually went back to break up with her - and then came back once that was taken care of. What do you think???? It would explain his change in behavior since he's been back. And it might also explain the twist at the end. Maybe before he proposes he will attempt to come clean about why he left (i.e. the "confession"), so that Jillian knows he can trust her.

All that being said, I DO NOT want Jillian to pick Ed. I think Reid is simply the most adorable guy that I've seen over the last few years on the Bachelorette, and I'm sad that Jillian wasn't willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and TRUST his feelings, even though he wasn't quite ready to express them fully. And as much as I want Reid to come back - because I thought their relationship was just adorable and something that might actually last in the real world - I'm not going to believe it until I see it. It makes me sad, but I'm working through it )) The lesson that I'm taking from this is that the type of relationship I want for myself and my future husband is one that is similar to the type of relationship that Jillian and Reid had (have??). And so I'm trying to stay positive and just realize that everyone has their own idea of what the perfect relationship is. If she really had that with Reid, I guess I'm most inclined to think that she would have kept him around one more week.

All that being said - I hope I'm proved wrong and that Reid comes back and wins her heart. Until we find out for sure one way or the other - what does anyone else think about the whole Ed possibly leaving to break up with someone, so that he can come back and focus on Jilly? Of course, this doesn't take the editing and the scripting that goes on - but I just wanted to share my thoughts!