Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3583542;
    I don't know ... as a Reid fan, the "funny twist" reference continues to concern me. Seems Jillian would be genuinely concerned about Ed's and Kip's feelings, so would she consider dumping them both at the end in favor of F3 Reid to be "funny"? I guess it could depend on her use of the word ... is it funny as in amusing, or funny as in weird or unusual?
    I think she said "brilliant"

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3583401;
    You're absolutely right. Jillian is supposed to choose her F1. And that F1 is supposed to stop seeing anyone they may have been seeing before (although according the contract they're not supposed to be in any active relationships during the filming, but I'll let that go). It is also absolutely their lives and if Jillian doesn't have a problem with it then I agree, great. The thing about all these "choices" and all this "being ok with stuff" is that I haven't heard anything rumor or confirmation wise about any of it. Have I missed something? Or do we actually have no information on whether or not Jillian would be ok with her F1 having had relationships during filming. I understand you'd be okay with it, and that's your choice, but do we know that Jillian would be okay with it or that that was her choice?

I am pretty sure I said IF. And Ed was not filming IF he was seeing someone when he went back home. There is no proof as far as I am concerned that he did. Even if Ed was seeing someone and he is willing to end all other relationships it should not matter to any of us. IMO it is a matter for Jillian and Ed to work out if he is the F1.

Quote Originally Posted by carolb57;3583308;
    There is a poll on the Hollywood Gossip website that has Reid being the F1 by 42% over Ed at 37% and Kip at 20%, with 23,329 total votes. So I guess the majority of fans want Reid to return, propose and be the "funny twist" in the last 5 minutes.
    Yay! That's what I want!

Quote Originally Posted by Toughness;3583537;
    Ed said on their FS date in Hawaii "I'm absolutely falling in love with you" He didn't say I love you or I'm in love with you...i guess "falling in love" isn't as direct as "I love you or I'm in love with you...it's like what you feel right before you're in love like about to be... They use it all the time on this show.
    I don't think that's the same. Don't they all use that phrase. Reid practically said it too, Jilly need to say it for him but he was on that path in the FS. I don't think it's an "I love you" type of statement.

Typing out ILY just confirms to me even more: Jillian is silly. It's so easy to type/say ILY but a completely different thing to act it.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by Toughness;3583537;
    Ed said on their FS date in Hawaii "I'm absolutely falling in love with you" He didn't say I love you or I'm in love with you...i guess "falling in love" isn't as direct as "I love you or I'm in love with you...it's like what you feel right before you're in love like about to be... They use it all the time on this show.
    And in a pi right after that he says "I told jillian tonight that I'm completely in love with her"

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by AvalonR;3583545;
    Thanks! Were not allowed to directly link to YouTube, that's why.

oh my bad. He says: "i'm absolutely falling in love with you". A smudge off from "in love". Maybe that's why Jillian was a bit surprised. Since girls view it in level terms of falling in love, in love, and love. haha.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3583546;
    Isn't that a common phrase for people who can't express themselves with their feelings. I thought you knew, I don't have to tell you, kinda thing? Why is that I wonder.
    To me, Reid did a very good job of SHOWING her how he felt but a poor job of telling her how he felt, so he was expressing his feelings, he just wasn't verbalizing them. IMO

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3583435;
    cheeky...Just as a matter of interest, how much is way way? If you prefer not to provide that information, not a problem.
    April 25, for me. The people actually involved knew even earlier.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook

Quote Originally Posted by sungelly87;3583544;
    I was gonna link it but I had to get a moderator approved? I didn't know what was happening.

Anyways, it's on youtube, when they are in the FS sitting on the couch. Episode 9, part 3 i think at 3:07ish.
    PI: "I told Jillian that I am completely in love with her. She kissed me and...y'know, it feels very natural."
    Switches to VO: " I want tonight to be the perfect night. I just want to be romantic and show her that I am crazy about her...."

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3583557;
    I don't think that's the same. Don't they all use that phrase. Reid practically said it too, Jilly need to say it for him but he was on that path in the FS. I don't think it's an "I love you" type of statement.

Typing out ILY just confirms to me even more: Jillian is silly. It's so easy to type/say ILY but a completely different thing to act it.
    I just watched that part of the episode. He tells Jillian "I am absolutely falling in love with you." Then they show his PI and he tells the camera, "I told Jillian that I am completely in love with her."

They're not the same, dude! Get it straight.
    - Avalon
    I can't bring myself to water these birch trees or believe in them.