Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3583381;
    Yes, those are the things, verbatim, he said about Jillian, the woman he's "planning" to marry. I also enjoyed how he couldn't wait to yank her down from that thing and start patting her down like he was nervous she was smuggling coke on that catamaran.
    Don't you mean when he's ready to "pull the trigger" and get married?

Quote Originally Posted by sungelly87;3583521;
    Ed tells Jillian that he is "absolutely in love" with her so I don't think she would be shocked to hear him say ILY to her. I think she was just shocked that it was in the form of the video message.
    He did? I totally missed that!
    - Avalon
    I can't bring myself to water these birch trees or believe in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3583388;
    Can't the same be said for making Reid leave now?
    The difference is that Ed left Jillian, she didn't decide to let him go as she did with Reid.

Quote Originally Posted by moflan;3583530;
    Don't you mean when he's ready to "pull the trigger" and get married?
    Yeah, I don't know. He's one romantic fellow so I can't even keep up with his love and devotion to Jilly (and probably 3 others)
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3583529;
    When did he say this?

Maybe I've blocked it out of my mind?
    Ed said on their FS date in Hawaii "I'm absolutely falling in love with you" He didn't say I love you or I'm in love with you...i guess "falling in love" isn't as direct as "I love you or I'm in love with you...it's like what you feel right before you're in love like about to be... They use it all the time on this show.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3579226;
    I don't think any of us is qualified to say what you do and don't do during the high-pressure final few days of an intense situation like this---I think it is perfectly reasonable for someone on either end (participant or primary) to rethink or second guess a lot of what they say/do/don't say/don't do. I see what you're saying about staying to the end, and normally I would agree with that, but I at no point heard Jillian say that she was more sure of HER feelings for the other 2 guys. I don't think she based her decision on HER feelings I think she may have based it on how she perceived them to be feeling---not actually even perceived, because I think she perceived that Reid was very into her, I think she wanted things spelled out from him, and IMO she tried so hard to get Reid to spell it out because he was the one she wanted to hear it from most. She didn't barrage Kip with questions or push him nearly as hard because I don't think she was as invested in hearing it from him. Ed said it on his own, without the barrage---and I won't even get into my opinion on that right now. I think Reid is right and Jillian at that time was confused. And I think that confusion came from the fact that she really liked Reid and couldn't get him to tell her in a concrete fashion that he was in love with her and would propose. JMO. No one has to agree with me.
    Please permit me to agree 100%. Exactly what I see. Jillian hoped to fall in love IMO. But never did she expect to feel the way she did about Reid. He did not fit her idea of what she wanted and needed. That's why the feelings scared her so much and without the assurance that he was falling just as hard she became insecure. There is no doubt in my mind that she loves him. She just panicked because she didn't want to be left high and dry. He also panicked IMO. THE MORE SHE PUSHED THE MORE HE HELD BACK BUT IT REALLY WAS A MATCH> HOPE IT WORKS OUT>

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by carolb57;3583308;
    There is a poll on the Hollywood Gossip website that has Reid being the F1 by 42% over Ed at 37% and Kip at 20%, with 23,329 total votes. So I guess the majority of fans want Reid to return, propose and be the "funny twist" in the last 5 minutes.
    I don't know ... as a Reid fan, the "funny twist" reference continues to concern me. Seems Jillian would be genuinely concerned about Ed's and Kip's feelings, so would she consider dumping them both at the end in favor of F3 Reid to be "funny"? I guess it could depend on her use of the word ... is it funny as in amusing, or funny as in weird or unusual?

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by AvalonR;3583533;
    He did? I totally missed that!
    I was gonna link it but I had to get a moderator approved? I didn't know what was happening.

Anyways, it's on youtube, when they are in the FS sitting on the couch. Episode 9, part 3 i think at 3:07ish.

Quote Originally Posted by sungelly87;3583544;
    I was gonna link it but I had to get a moderator approved? I didn't know what was happening.

Anyways, it's on youtube, when they are in the FS sitting on the couch. Episode 9, part 3 i think at 3:07ish.
    Thanks! Were not allowed to directly link to YouTube, that's why.
    - Avalon
    I can't bring myself to water these birch trees or believe in them.

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3583333;
    I agree. He said (prior to being let go) that he thought she knew how he was feeling, and he hoped she felt the same, he thought she did. He probably figured he'd at least make the next cut. Jillian was reassuring enough when he expressed doubts (she told him a few times to be patient and trust her) that he probably figured he was safe...but at the same time he knew there'd be another guy there left competing so he didn't feel completely safe enough to say the "word". That's why I think his regret was so immediate in the limo---he was shocked that he was let go, so shocked that he didn't think it was really over, because he knew the connection they felt was mutual. That's the joy and sorrow that comes from being over-analytical---you see the good and the bad and you see them both clearly, but not necessarily at the right times.
    Isn't that a common phrase for people who can't express themselves with their feelings. I thought you knew, I don't have to tell you, kinda thing? Why is that I wonder.