Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by papaase;3583379;
    I'm not going to make sense of it, as like you said it's just bizarre, but i did think of something so here goes...

They are excited to see each other and spend time on the boat, wher eit seems like most of his sexy comments come from. Go back and see the parents. Their kisses on the beach after the parents, when she was presenting him w/ the card, seemed really awkward. They just weren't syncing and up he was grabbing her face w/ his hand. Anyway they decide they are going to the fs. Now Jillian goes back to her room and changes and interviews before she meets Ed again. Her interview is mostly positive but a bit of i'm worried as things seem off between us and his are positive as men are oblivious. They meet up take a tour of the different seats in the room, finally end up on the bed. THings aren't going that great. She decides to slip into something more comfortable to get things going and it just all goes south from there. They fall asleep and the producers take over.

I didn't watch the entire sequence that well, so things might be off, but it's a theory of sorts. Yes? No? Maybe?
    Plausible real reason. But why edit it so negatively? What was the point of TPTB to show the edit the way they did?
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook

Quote Originally Posted by realitymaster28;3583487;
    Hi all. I've been reading forums at FORT for a couple of years now, but am very new at actually posting. I just have a quick question. Where would I post a link to a "potential spoiler" article I found? Lol, There are so many forums and I'm not quite sure where to post it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again...Dana
    "Media Spoilers." And welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3583499;
    Just in general. I was talking about Mere/Ian.
    I don't think viewers were nearly as savvy then as they are now.
    - Avalon
    I can't bring myself to water these birch trees or believe in them.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3583382;
    Makes me wonder why they focused so much when he left. Can't remember what epi # that was in Canada. She was a mess. They showed her on the ski lift thingy, on the train, in her own thoughts, and basically the whole epi looked like she was just going through the motions. She was not acting IMO. I'll answer my own question, because they knew Ed was coming back. They knew from the begining they were falling for eachother, they had to get rid of him, to make room for drama otherwise there wasn't going to be a love story.
    I agree that Jillian was very upset when Ed left, and that she really was broken up about the fact that she wouldn't get to see where things went with him, but I think a good deal of her upset was also in regard to the fact that his leaving shook her up in terms of the bigger realization that "hey, it's not just up to me, the guys have a say too and they could just up and walk out on me whether I want them here or not". JMO
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3583278;
    That's interesting. I've seen a multitude of posts here by people saying that it doesn't matter if Ed had multiple girlfriends before or during the show because if he fell in love with Jillian she could have caused him to change his ways and become a one woman man. So why would that be so different than Reid falling in love with Jillian and that causing him to know what he wants? It's not a 180 reversal for him, he's been showing her all through the process that he's falling for her, and he announced as soon as she was in the limo that he was falling in love (and it was early on in the limo ride because it was still light out behind him). And I have to add, being indecisive and seeking reassurance doesn't make someone in need of a therapist (and I know, because I am a therapist). Thirty year of self-defeating conditioning? Based on this edit? Ok. If anyone hears that Reid thinks he needs a therapist please give him my number.
    Why do you suppose he had no problem saying to a cameraman, he was falling for her moments after he was let go? and not during the whole process?

Regarding the bolded, I want someone to give him MY number so I can finance some of those multi million dollar listings! Hey Reid can provide jobs and get the economy moving!

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3583483;
    That still leaves several questions then. Did the person tell one person because he hoped the info would get out? Or did he tell that person because he needed to vent and didn't think it would get out? Or did he make the whole thing up knowing that his made-up tale could get out? And just because the old telephone game has a tendency to distort the story as it gets passed around doesn't mean that occasionally there's not a direct line, where the connection is crystal clear, and the real story is actually what comes across to the listener. Just saying....
    If he didn't want it to get out he should have simply kept his mouth shut and vented to the wall. I believe it was told to get out and put in the hands of the one that would tell it.

Quote Originally Posted by lisamill36;3583235;
    I think the one person is reid also, but I think the part where she says "and you don't know whether I've actually ended up with one person or not" means its happening at the After the Final Rose and maybe it will hinge on Reid's acceptance
    That is exactly how I took that interview also. This will be the newest & latest Fleiss twist....she ends up with soemone who is not one of the final 2. That one ups last year, where F2 becomes F1!

Maybe next season, the winner could be someone who left the first night!

Anyway, I do think this interview leads strongly toward picking Reid.
    Saving one dog does not change the world, but it does change the world of that one dog.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3583489;
    Why Reid was rejected is opinion, whether or not Jill heard ILY from Ed in the FS is, I think, proven that it's not. She was shocked when she heard it. She was not expecting it.
    Ed tells Jillian that he is "absolutely in love" with her so I don't think she would be shocked to hear him say ILY to her. I think she was just shocked that it was in the form of the video message.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3582677;
    I'm reading everyoine's comments and thoughts--and I can see that everyone is thinking very hard and carefully about the situation.

One way I came up with recently to think about what happens/might happen by the end of the show is to think of all this as though this were real life and Jill were dating these guys sequentially--one at a time.

When I think of it that way I can easiily see how she might "stop dating" Reid based on problems she thinks she sees in him. I can see how Ed might be very appealing to her after that. Even Kip.

And I can see how she might in real life date each for a time and then say goodbye and move on to the next one.

In this type of scenario I can even see Reid "coming back"--let's say after a period of several months--to tell her he's sorry he didn't give her what she needed before but now he'd like a chance to prove to her that he can be what she wants/needs in a man.

And I can see her agreeing to date him for a time.

When I look at it that way it all makes a lot more sense--to me anyway.
    Jillian said that she would go back to her room & try to envision herself in real life w/certain people.

Quote Originally Posted by AvalonR;3583512;
    "Media Spoilers." And welcome!
    Thank you Avalon! Much appreciated!
    "An Eye For An Eye Would Make The Whole World Blind."

Quote Originally Posted by sungelly87;3583521;
    Ed tells Jillian that he is "absolutely in love" with her so I don't think she would be shocked to hear him say ILY to her. I think she was just shocked that it was in the form of the video message.
    When did he say this?

Maybe I've blocked it out of my mind?
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City