Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3583410;
    He obviously did based on his exit talk when he said they stared at each other on the bench and the connection was still there and it was difficult not to be there. Like he said he knew what he felt he was just scared that it was strong and came fast. When he steps back and analyzes it perfectly he is going to remember the train guy, his father, all that happened between them and then he is going to come back. When he talked about Ed coming back after quitting his tone indicated he was not ready to give up on Jillian just yet, he could go back for her again.

I am interested to see how he comes back to see her, what happens when they come face to face again after a few days apart, how they look at each other, how much did they miss each other, what he says to her and how she responds to him. Whatever it is he says it will be real and honest as always. That and the last five minutes are all I care to watch in the finale.

I can't wait to see those things too. I will watch Kip's time with her and I am very interested in what her family has to say to her as well. If she did get to talk to her family along the way as rumored then they might have some good insight for her. Since they arrived in HI the day after Reid was cut they got to see her mood and just how it affected her. Now will we get to see any of it?

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3583442;
    I know there's some sort of really good Pinnocchio/wooden boy joke in there somewhere. Anyone see it?
    Ah yes, with Fleiss playing the role of Gepetto, the puppet master.
    - Avalon
    I can't bring myself to water these birch trees or believe in them.

Quote Originally Posted by TxMav10;3583450;
    I can't wait to see those things too. I will watch Kip's time with her and I am very interested in what her family has to say to her as well. If she did get to talk to her family along the way as rumored then they might have some good insight for her. Since they arrived in HI the day after Reid was cut they got to see her mood and just how it affected her. Now will we get to see any of it?
    I hope so! And I hope she tells her parents about him. I don't know if it'll happen but I would love to see that.

I seriously can't wait for Reid's ILY. It's going to be genuine, probably said while looking her in the face and smiling/looking adorkably nervous. Oh Reid. I love you so.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

To love and be loved is.. goldie2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV;3583312;
    How funny that a guy who is eliminated is leading the poll!
    Well...I didn't vote yet.. Haha
    I don't think the results are going to change the ending..haha
    Ie... Ian and Matt
    10%. To 90% in favor of Matt
    Wow were they off, huh..

I really do believe that there was no scripting of the Reid/Jill scene, no way both are good enough actors. I think Jill made her choice and convinced herself it was the best decision. The minute Ed said ILY, it all changed because I think for her the walls went up with Reid (like she said). She became so scared of not getting back the same verbal reciprocation that she was feeling. So she went with two guys she cared for with Kip I get the feeling he was the real F3 in heart just in the sense that her choice was Ed and Reid. Usually is, except for Jason/Molly F2 is usually in reality F3 at heart. And when it came to Ed/Reid, Ed had already gone the ILY route.

The beautiful thing about their goodbye is that you can see the moment she realizes the impact of her choice. You can see it in her eyes when it becomes "wow did i just do that". I sincerely see regret there if you look at their goodbye, when he says he didn't give her the signs and they go for the hug. Her face is a picture on its own, her eyes just look so shot and her expression and breath is telling. I think she went in walls up at that final day with Reid because she rationalized that he didn't give her the signs. Then saying goodbye, the magnitude of them really now knowing they've had their last date hits them both. Jill isn't hard to read, her eyes usually give her away. You can tell everything from how she looks at something or someone, she's much like Jason and Melissa in that way.
    Team Reilly

Quote Originally Posted by pminn1608;3583360;
    How many times have we heard Chris Harrison make that statement, probably every single season to date. Has it even been taped yet?
    I was being facetious and predicting what I think CH will say. What I meant was that for any of us trying to make sense out of anything this season I think the answer is that we'll have to tune into the most "whatever" AFRC EVER to find out how this season ends. And no, it hasn't been taped yet.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook

Quote Originally Posted by goldie2;3583464;
    Well...I didn't vote yet.. Haha
    I don't think the results are going to change the ending..haha
    Ie... Ian and Matt
    10%. To 90% in favor of Matt
    Wow were they off, huh..
    Yeah I remember that. People are clearly nuts sometimes and don't see past the edit.
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV;3583390;
    That scene really took points away from Ed. It was so juvenile, so immature. So kid-in-a-candy-shop. I half expected him to start rubbing his hands together and panting.

I really liked Ed...I really did. He is his own undoing for me. Even though I have a huge married crush on Reid, I had him picked for her F1, but I just don't see that working. Something isn't right with Ed since his return.
    ----------------------------

I wonder if he was like that all along and they edited that out. Looks like a lot of guys were making those kind of remarks, maybe also about Jillian, maybe not, but about women and stuff, typical guy talk I guess. MAybe all did that including Ed and they just showed it when the others did that, like with Wes.

I remember thinking that it was a bit cocky when they had this outtake in episode 4 of him when the guys throw breadrolls at him and he says about Jillian
    "I know what she wants".

I think there'S nothing wrong with it when guys come there for the wrong reasons. I mean everyone here is saying that its not realictic for people to got there and find love and marry so why would the contestants think that it's possible. And if they did we would critisize them for thinking that.

I just think when they see the star is really falling for them they should leave or at least not get her hopes up and play with her feelings. And I hope that this didn't happen in this case.

That's why I like Reid, he not only doesn't say what he doesnt feel because of himself but also not to make false promises to Jillian ans maybe break her heart.
    Last edited by computer; 07-17-2009 at 10:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3583401;
    You're absolutely right. Jillian is supposed to choose her F1. And that F1 is supposed to stop seeing anyone they may have been seeing before (although according the contract they're not supposed to be in any active relationships during the filming, but I'll let that go). It is also absolutely their lives and if Jillian doesn't have a problem with it then I agree, great. The thing about all these "choices" and all this "being ok with stuff" is that I haven't heard anything rumor or confirmation wise about any of it. Have I missed something? Or do we actually have no information on whether or not Jillian would be ok with her F1 having had relationships during filming. I understand you'd be okay with it, and that's your choice, but do we know that Jillian would be okay with it or that that was her choice?
    Didn't she get upset when Tanner said that there were some there with gf and she cancelled the RC party. Wasn't that what Jake told her about Wes and she confronted him about, that she was also upset about. So I think we do know how she feels about it. Which I think she wouldn't be okay with Ed having one.

Quote Originally Posted by TruLove04;3583467;
    I really do believe that there was no scripting of the Reid/Jill scene, no way both are good enough actors. I think Jill made her choice and convinced herself it was the best decision. The minute Ed said ILY, it all changed because I think for her the walls went up with Reid (like she said). She became so scared of not getting back the same verbal reciprocation that she was feeling. So she went with two guys she cared for with Kip I get the feeling he was the real F3 in heart just in the sense that her choice was Ed and Reid. Usually is, except for Jason/Molly F2 is usually in reality F3 at heart. And when it came to Ed/Reid, Ed had already gone the ILY route.

The beautiful thing about their goodbye is that you can see the moment she realizes the impact of her choice. You can see it in her eyes when it becomes "wow did i just do that". I sincerely see regret there if you look at their goodbye, when he says he didn't give her the signs and they go for the hug. Her face is a picture on its own, her eyes just look so shot and her expression and breath is telling. I think she went in walls up at that final day with Reid because she rationalized that he didn't give her the signs. Then saying goodbye, the magnitude of them really now knowing they've had their last date hits them both. Jill isn't hard to read, her eyes usually give her away. You can tell everything from how she looks at something or someone, she's much like Jason and Melissa in that way.
    I couldn't have said it better if I tried for days. You said it all. It was Ed vs. Reid. Whatever she felt for Reid she wasn't getting back and Ed wanted to marry her in 2 minutes' time. It had to be Ed. Except the moment she said it, she realized what she just did and regretted her decision that very instant.
    ~ Sex and the City