Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3583289;
    Maybe it's something Ed just says very easily to women.
    And maybe Ed already told Jillian in private he loves her and he was just reaffirming to her he loved her in the video. When someone is in love, it is very easy to say ILY.

Is there some documentation Ed has told other women he was in love with them?

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3583268;
    I find Ed's choice of words when expressing himself to Jillian rather odd. He says he is attached to her (maybe he is using lingo from work, like attaching a file). Then he thanks her for "taking a bet with him". Is that his way of saying you don't know what you are going to get if you pick me? Where is the BL expert when we need further analysis? Do we have more analysis from that expert in Canada since the first one by any chance?

Don't people usually tell someone "ILU" first before they propose? The person receiving the proposal can then make an informed decision. That video message lacked emotion and there wasn't even a smidgen of a smile when he told her he was ready to propose before he tagged on ILU. Jillian's reaction said it all. For goodness sakes, the man is declaring his love, so where was the joy on his face when he said it. It's not like he is incapable of smiling? He did that plenty with the guys in the house. Sorry, but that was the dullest declaration of love I have ever seen even in a movie. JMO!
    Maybe he meant "attached" to her as in contractually? JMO.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook

Quote Originally Posted by AvalonR;3583161;
    For what it's worth, I don't think Reid realized the gravity of the situation. Yes, Jillian kept reminding him that time was running out, but I truly feel that he thought he'd have an opportunity to make a commitment to her. He was perhaps too confident in the connection that they had; I don't think he saw his elimination coming. At least, that's what his reaction tells me.
    I really totally agree with you AvalonR. I also think he thought, it was expected that he actually propose, and that's something he probably didn't want to do so quickly, which of course is the right thing to do, But the pressure he felt combined with the time constraints and I really think the hesitation in expressing his feelings, was due to the fact that he really and truly liked her. All he had to do was tell her exactly how he felt, if he could in fact see a future with her, it might have been different. Who knows, he just might yet, and it will all work out anyway. And we will all be exhausted, way behind in home and work life, itching for the next season!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3583382;
    Makes me wonder why they focused so much when he left. Can't remember what epi # that was in Canada. She was a mess. They showed her on the ski lift thingy, on the train, in her own thoughts, and basically the whole epi looked like she was just going through the motions. She was not acting IMO. I'll answer my own question, because they knew Ed was coming back. They knew from the begining they were falling for eachother, they had to get rid of him, to make room for drama otherwise there wasn't going to be a love story.

ITA, the producers edited everything so by the end of the season "the whole story would make sense". I think Jillian says that somewhere, you have to watch the finale to understand the whole story. That's why I think Ed is F1

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3583171;
    Just to clarify, although word didn't begin to circulate on the board until later there were a lot of people who knew way earlier than that. Way, way earlier.
    cheeky...Just as a matter of interest, how much is way way? If you prefer not to provide that information, not a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3583347;
    Being Ed's handler could very well mean being responsible for "cleaning up the mess" but wouldn't mean the person could dictate to Ed every word to say in a conversation. And I don't believe the source is "telling everyone" I believe he told one person who just happened to tell us. Not the same thing as the source telling everyone at all, IMO.

What purpose would anyone have to make things up just to make Ed look bad?
    They are not supposed to be using phones to start with. So if he was supposed to be using it to clear up the mess I am sure he would have helped Ed send a message that would help and not hurt the situation. Oh ad it was just so lucky that the handler was there to back up the texts for the other side, how special.

I have been going to message boards for a long time. I have seen many false stories develop on the boards. I am not saying anyone is doing it this time but I have seen it happen many times.

The point is, if someone gave me information about something that made their life difficult I would not be spreading it all over the internet to make matters worse for the man.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3583401;
    You're absolutely right. Jillian is supposed to choose her F1. And that F1 is supposed to stop seeing anyone they may have been seeing before (although according the contract they're not supposed to be in any active relationships during the filming, but I'll let that go). It is also absolutely their lives and if Jillian doesn't have a problem with it then I agree, great. The thing about all these "choices" and all this "being ok with stuff" is that I haven't heard anything rumor or confirmation wise about any of it. Have I missed something? Or do we actually have no information on whether or not Jillian would be ok with her F1 having had relationships during filming. I understand you'd be okay with it, and that's your choice, but do we know that Jillian would be okay with it or that that was her choice?
    She was visibly upset when Tanner P told her about the three guys with gfs. She even asked the guys to speak up at the RC. I don't think she was ok with any of them being there with gfs and she said as much. She came into this seriously looking to find someone.

Why did Ed raise his hand halfway and say "I don't have a girlfriend". Now if it comes out he did, how can Jillian ever trust him? She already noticed he was under pressure and preoccupied at their last date. She is sure to have doubts about what was going on with him, or at least she should. Her antenna should be way up with that one until she has answers she trusts in her gut. JMO!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3583428;
    I really totally agree with you AvalonR. I also think he thought, it was expected that he actually propose, and that's something he probably didn't want to do so quickly, which of course is the right thing to do, But the pressure he felt combined with the time constraints and I really think the hesitation in expressing his feelings, was due to the fact that he really and truly liked her. All he had to do was tell her exactly how he felt, if he could in fact see a future with her, it might have been different. Who knows, he just might yet, and it will all work out anyway. And we will all be exhausted, way behind in home and work life, itching for the next season!
    I agree! I also think Reid underestimated Jillian and Ed's connection. I think to Reid, Ed missed a lot of time with Jillian and was surprised to know that Jillian could feel so much for him with his absence. That's I think Reid in his PI comments on Ed leaving and then coming back. In Reid's mind, he had a greater connection that he probably thought he could've confessed after the F3 elimination. Little did he know he was being eliminated then.

Quote Originally Posted by pminn1608;3583425;
    And maybe Ed already told Jillian in private he loves her and he was just reaffirming to her he loved her in the video. When someone is in love, it is very easy to say ILY.

Is there some documentation Ed has told other women he was in love with them?
    Judging from her absolutely stunned reaction and his inability to say it again on the bench and her tears about something in the FS? No, he did not. That is one thing I don't know how you can argue. It was the first time she heard it and is likely what was the final push to get rid of Reid and keep Ed.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3583298;
    I really think that's obvious. I have no reason to hate Ed and if he was genuine and truly loved her, I'd be all for it but he does not care about her at all. Telling her he loves her via the msg? Falling asleep with her naked and straddling him or whatever? Even if it wasn't ED, whatever went down in that room made her cry. He's just, I don't know, not a real boy. He's like playing a role or something, I can't even describe it but it's creepylicious.
    I know there's some sort of really good Pinnocchio/wooden boy joke in there somewhere. Anyone see it?
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook