Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by sueb1961;3583026;
    So he has to stay by her side 24/7? He is supposed to lose his job for a women at the time was dating 9 other men. Sometimes other things need to take presidence over love. I am sure he will be there when she needs him. And just because the other men stayed does not mean they loved her more. Maybe they had other reasons to be there.

Reid can't decide anything on his own without asking everyone else. Is he going to be too late expressing everything?
    This reminds me of a post that I read that said Ed's parents were concerned about him loosing his job. They live in MI which has the highest unemployment rate in the U.S. I can relate to Ed's dad's famous line "what the hell are we doing here" is something my mother would say when I go on vacation and she thinks I should be paying my mortgage off before I go on vacation. "Where the heck are you going now? shouldn't you save your money and not go on vacation". Ed's Dad's comment to me meant, why are you risking your job to be here?

I suppose that's if you believe he did in fact leave for his job.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3583382;
    Makes me wonder why they focused so much when he left. Can't remember what epi # that was in Canada. She was a mess. They showed her on the ski lift thingy, on the train, in her own thoughts, and basically the whole epi looked like she was just going through the motions. She was not acting IMO. I'll answer my own question, because they knew Ed was coming back. They knew from the begining they were falling for eachother, they had to get rid of him, to make room for drama otherwise there wasn't going to be a love story.
    I am confused with your last sentence. They got rid of Ed to make the drama or to get a love story. Sorry just trying to follow along.....no snark here.

Quote Originally Posted by sueb1961;3583219;
    I really don't care when the word came out. And the fact the the pms were going around makes no difference to me. As far as I am concerened the word that pms were going around should have stayed hidden if the information was not to be shared anyway. I am not going to take the word of hearsay from someone that doesn't even know Ed or his family. I could care less if the rumors are true anyway.

This is a dating show where the star is seeing 29 other people. If some of the others have also been seeing someone before the show is fine with me. The star is to decide if any of the ones she is dating is right for her. That should go for the rest too. They also need to decide if the star is right for them. At the end the star is supposed to commit to one if the f1 of her choice is also willing to stop seeing other people after all is said and done that is fine with me.

It is thier lives and if Jillian doesn't have a problem with it neither do I.
    You're absolutely right. Jillian is supposed to choose her F1. And that F1 is supposed to stop seeing anyone they may have been seeing before (although according the contract they're not supposed to be in any active relationships during the filming, but I'll let that go). It is also absolutely their lives and if Jillian doesn't have a problem with it then I agree, great. The thing about all these "choices" and all this "being ok with stuff" is that I haven't heard anything rumor or confirmation wise about any of it. Have I missed something? Or do we actually have no information on whether or not Jillian would be ok with her F1 having had relationships during filming. I understand you'd be okay with it, and that's your choice, but do we know that Jillian would be okay with it or that that was her choice?
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by TxMav10;3583377;
    This Kip fan would love to see him for 8 more weeks. But everytime someone comes back to be the lead they just seem to get treated really bad. I just think he will have no problem finding someone now on his own.
    I can't believe he ever had trouble getting dates before this show. If he does the Bach, I'm sure we'll see several charity-based dates.

MTG

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3583398;
    Interesting! Now this has my attention.
    Isn't this odd since they just showed the previews Monday and now they let Jesse know that they wouldn't be showing his Bachelor/ette Las Vegas Reunion until maybe at the ATFR? I just thought it was odd, but I am really, really new at this!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by TxMav10;3583272;
    I think a big part of why Jillian let Reid go at F3 was because of what happened to her. She was afraid he could not open up to her the way she could not open up to Jason. She said herself after she was cut that it was not love she was feeling. She let Reid go to protect him and her. Now can he convince her that what they had was real and can last??? Guess we will see!
    He obviously did based on his exit talk when he said they stared at each other on the bench and the connection was still there and it was difficult not to be there. Like he said he knew what he felt he was just scared that it was strong and came fast. When he steps back and analyzes it perfectly he is going to remember the train guy, his father, all that happened between them and then he is going to come back. When he talked about Ed coming back after quitting his tone indicated he was not ready to give up on Jillian just yet, he could go back for her again.

I am interested to see how he comes back to see her, what happens when they come face to face again after a few days apart, how they look at each other, how much did they miss each other, what he says to her and how she responds to him. Whatever it is he says it will be real and honest as always. That and the last five minutes are all I care to watch in the finale.

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3583237;
    Wasn't there posts on this site from people who knew who he was, gave his last name and posted about the kind of guy he was in Chitown (his social life) before the show aired?
    I knew that info before the show aired but I don't believe I posted it here until around the time the first episode aired, primarily because I hadn't been doing any pre-season sleuthing/reading this season---my info came from non-show related sources.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3583197;
    Just looking at the leaving and returning aspect of it with Ed and Reid. Ed CHOSE to leave, as Reid said he called it quits in the name of work yet two weeks later that work took the back seat when he decided to return just in time for trips to Spain and Hawaii. That in of itself appears suspect.

Reid didn't quit, he had all along from the beginning wanted to go on dates with her and felt he was getting the short end of the stick. As Jillian said on their dinner date in Spain, she was lighting a fire under him. Maybe sending him away was her last bet of lighting that fire. If he came back on his own she would know his true feelings. If he didn't then she had two others men she could choose. She would also know given how hard it was to express his feelings, that when he did say it, it would be truthful and honest. He doesn't play mind games. Reid told her (when she pressed him at dinner in HI) that maybe/possibly he could see himself proposing at the end. So if he did come back and proposed to her in the end it will not be something out of left field. She saw in his eyes how he felt and cared for her (her words) so if anything she should be thrilled that sending him at f3 finally lit that fire that brought him back to her. That's the way I see it all making sense.
    I think we will get an explanation for her sending him roseless in the finale (and/or AFRC) and it will be just as we've been guessing: a way of "speeding up the process"... making him stop over-analyzing and analyzing perfectly and make a definite decision.

The story edit clearly shows this when we look back over the discussions in Spain and Hawaii. We hear her saying he needs a fire lit, he says he needs a "push". (Later, he gets more graphic: his ass needs kicked.) In Hawaii, the totem polls were even talking to him... and saying more serious stuff than Kiptyn's snails in Spain.

There's a funny youtube video by BBCrazy "Reid in Spain" in which Reid tells his buddy he really just wants to "fall in" love. He gets smacked in the face! What Jillian did to him is basically the same thing. (EGAD, visions of Cher in "Moonstruck"...)

I'm 95% convinced Jillian already made her decision of him being the one, but still needs to:
    1.) "Double check" the other two in case the chemistry increases with them. She is not 100% sure and she IS physically attracted to both.
    2.) Let Reid taste what it is like not having her and knowing she's with others (a touch of heartbreak, so to speak), in order to push him "into love".
    3.) (unrelated to our topic) Keep the producers happy with a suspenseful ending... the non-sleuthers all think it is Ed vs. Kiptyn right now.

He mentioned being afraid of roses in Lake Louise ("Scared of these things.") In a past preview he says the future (?) quote: "I feel like I failed. My fears got in the way of the moment." Also include the whole "leap of faith" business here... (I could also add that silly train attendant speech from ep #6 here too, but I think I've drained out all of its novelty value through repeated postings.)

Quote Originally Posted by MotivesCanada;3581884;
    Posted this in another thread a realized it should have been in this one lol...

I think they are editing towards Ed as F1 and Reid as the next Bachelor. Reid realizes (thanks to Jillian) how important it is to open up and communicate and that it is possible to find love in 6 weeks. Very deja vu to Jillian herself. Jason was frustrated that she was to closed off, that she wasn't giving him what he needed to be sure she could be the one (the coffee shop scene from last season on TB), and her being sent home as F3 with everyone confused because they had chemistry, she was fun, they laughed all the time, etc etc, and he seems to be (again like Jillian) a fan favorite. Our wish to see him happy will drive an audience for next season.

If Reid comes back and she rejects him in the last 5 minutes it will be soley orchastrated by the producers for setting him up as the Bachelor. IMO
    Reid the next bachelor? Reid the myth, maybe, but certainly not Reid the man.

Reid's issue is not his inability to say the L word ... it's about his inability to commit (said his brother) and inability to make decisions (said Reid).

Reid sounds like a very successful guy in his career with a good head on his shoulders as well as a winning personality. This is from his website:

"Being born into the business, I have learned what it takes to satisfy all of my clients needs. I take the real estate transaction, a relatively complex and stressful process and transform it into something enjoyable. To accomplish this, I live by certain standards of professionalism. First, I am always available for my clients. Second, I keep my clients informed every step of the way. Third, I listen!!!

If you are looking to buy or sell a home or would just like to know some more information, feel free to call or Email me at reidrosenthal@gmail.com

As a listing agent in Center City, Philadelphia, my extensive marketing plan gives a homeowner the opportunity to get the maximum value for his/her property.

For buyers, I help negotiate the best possible deal and search until I find their perfect property. Nothing satisfies me more than seeing the smiles that come with a successful sale or the purchase of a lifetime.

Thanks again for choosing Reid Rosenthal and The Rosenthal Group as your Center City, Philadelphia, Main Line and Eastern Montomery Country real estate source."

Reid is a good listener? Wow! That is a golden trait in a man because most men are NOT good listeners and tend to tune out their spouses!