Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Phyllie;3583321;
    I really hate to beat a dead horse but I just can't seem to let this go. The puzzle is killing me.
    Several people have commented on the frat boy soundbites Ed made about Jillian...She's Hot. Why does this hot chick like me. Wanna attack the hot chick. and so on and so forth.
    On the other hand, Jillian made several comments about Ed. Lets go back and have some sexy time. That Ed is one sexy guy. blah blah blah.

Then, they both have PI's in their orginal clothes talking about chemistry not being there, and how he couldn't show her he loved her. And the location kept changing, and the sunburn kept disappearing and reappearing.

I can't figure out how in the world this got edited or accomplished without their complicity. Then on the other hand, I can't imagine them being on board with this.

It may be one of the oddest things I've ever seen in terms of the editing, the PI's and the film not making sense. You can't even blame it on Frankenbiting because most of the times the words are coming straight out of their mouths.
    I'm not going to make sense of it, as like you said it's just bizarre, but i did think of something so here goes...

They are excited to see each other and spend time on the boat, wher eit seems like most of his sexy comments come from. Go back and see the parents. Their kisses on the beach after the parents, when she was presenting him w/ the card, seemed really awkward. They just weren't syncing and up he was grabbing her face w/ his hand. Anyway they decide they are going to the fs. Now Jillian goes back to her room and changes and interviews before she meets Ed again. Her interview is mostly positive but a bit of i'm worried as things seem off between us and his are positive as men are oblivious. They meet up take a tour of the different seats in the room, finally end up on the bed. THings aren't going that great. She decides to slip into something more comfortable to get things going and it just all goes south from there. They fall asleep and the producers take over.

I didn't watch the entire sequence that well, so things might be off, but it's a theory of sorts. Yes? No? Maybe?
    Last edited by papaase; 07-17-2009 at 09:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phyllie;3583188;
    He should be with a strong woman that likes to wear the pants in the relationship.
    Of all the guys on this season I think Reid is the only one who has been able to come back, intelligently and humorously, to everything Jillian has said to him---he doesn't let her get away with anything---which is exactly what Jillian claimed she wants in a mate. JMO.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3583362;
    OMG! Did he actually say those words? I skipped all of Ed's date and boy am I glad I did. Yikes, tacky talk as well? Attack the hot chick, what choice of words:nono. Does a gentleman ever use those words about the woman he loves? Excuse me, but that is sleazy as heck and disrespectful whether a man says that of a woman or vice versa. Seems it was all around a date that went down tubes to the pit. Yuck and Ugh!
    Yes, those are the things, verbatim, he said about Jillian, the woman he's "planning" to marry. I also enjoyed how he couldn't wait to yank her down from that thing and start patting her down like he was nervous she was smuggling coke on that catamaran.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by pattycake92;3583018;
    Jill has been crazy for Ed since she met him. She even told his parents she was smitten with him from night 1. She cried like a baby when he left (much more upset than when she let Reid go). The only way Jillian won't choose Ed is if something major happens between them (obviously she didn't think the bedroom fiasco was a major problem). She wants Ed folks, might as well admit it.
    Makes me wonder why they focused so much when he left. Can't remember what epi # that was in Canada. She was a mess. They showed her on the ski lift thingy, on the train, in her own thoughts, and basically the whole epi looked like she was just going through the motions. She was not acting IMO. I'll answer my own question, because they knew Ed was coming back. They knew from the begining they were falling for eachother, they had to get rid of him, to make room for drama otherwise there wasn't going to be a love story.

Quote Originally Posted by TxMav10;3583377;
    This Kip fan would love to see him for 8 more weeks. But everytime someone comes back to be the lead they just seem to get treated really bad. I just think he will have no problem finding someone now on his own.
    I agree. And since the endings seem to keep getting worse each season, I don't want Kip being the next lead torn to pieces when its all over. I'm really hoping for Jake or Michael at this point.
    Last edited by chaslom4; 07-17-2009 at 09:41 PM.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by MTG;3583369;
    Jesse Csincsak posted on his Facebook page that we won't be seeing the 10 minutes of the Las Vegas Bachelor Reunion as planned on the MTA. He said they needed the 10 minutes for some drama! Curious?!
    Hmm...I will certainly not miss the bachelor reunion business. Now what is the drama???

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3583382;
    Makes me wonder why they focused so much when he left. Can't remember what epi # that was in Canada. She was a mess. They showed her on the ski lift thingy, on the train, in her own thoughts, and basically the whole epi looked like she was just going through the motions. She was not acting IMO. I'll answer my own question, because they knew Ed was coming back. They knew from the begining they were falling for eachother, they had to get rid of him, to make room for drama otherwise there wasn't going to be a love story.
    Can't the same be said for making Reid leave now?
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3583362;
    OMG! Did he actually say those words? I skipped all of Ed's date and boy am I glad I did. Yikes, tacky talk as well? Attack the hot chick, what choice of words:nono. Does a gentleman ever use those words about the woman he loves? Excuse me, but that is sleazy as heck and disrespectful whether a man says that of a woman or vice versa. Seems it was all around a date that went down tubes to the pit. Yuck and Ugh!
    That scene really took points away from Ed. It was so juvenile, so immature. So kid-in-a-candy-shop. I half expected him to start rubbing his hands together and panting.

I really liked Ed...I really did. He is his own undoing for me. Even though I have a huge married crush on Reid, I had him picked for her F1, but I just don't see that working. Something isn't right with Ed since his return.

Quote Originally Posted by chaslom4;3583384;
    I agree. And since the endings seem to keep getting worse each season, I don't want Kip being the next lead torn to pieces when its all over.
    Kip is a nice, decent, refined man who has somehow managed to rise above it all while somehow, at the same time, flying below the radar.

Listen to me, Kip, please -- do not agree to do this show again. Either get yourself engaged to Jillian and be done with it or walk away with your dignity and start dating any one of the women in the gigantic snaking line outside your front door.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MTG;3583369;
    Jesse Csincsak posted on his Facebook page that we won't be seeing the 10 minutes of the Las Vegas Bachelor Reunion as planned on the MTA. He said they needed the 10 minutes for some drama! Curious?!
    Interesting! Now this has my attention.