Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by AvalonR;3583161;
    For what it's worth, I don't think Reid realized the gravity of the situation. Yes, Jillian kept reminding him that time was running out, but I truly feel that he thought he'd have an opportunity to make a commitment to her. He was perhaps too confident in the connection that they had; I don't think he saw his elimination coming. At least, that's what his reaction tells me.
    I agree. He said (prior to being let go) that he thought she knew how he was feeling, and he hoped she felt the same, he thought she did. He probably figured he'd at least make the next cut. Jillian was reassuring enough when he expressed doubts (she told him a few times to be patient and trust her) that he probably figured he was safe...but at the same time he knew there'd be another guy there left competing so he didn't feel completely safe enough to say the "word". That's why I think his regret was so immediate in the limo---he was shocked that he was let go, so shocked that he didn't think it was really over, because he knew the connection they felt was mutual. That's the joy and sorrow that comes from being over-analytical---you see the good and the bad and you see them both clearly, but not necessarily at the right times.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook

Quote Originally Posted by wmweeza;3582755;
    Of course I always wish for a real happy ending...but it's escapism television.
    I don't want to watch real life couples bicker, or real life happy couples share dish washing duties.

My everyday life is mundane, happy but mundane. I care for a zoo of pets and a disabled stepson, so I like my TV to be as escapist as possible. I have my love story, so I just like watching others find theirs.
    As long as it's more realistic then a soap opera, I'll love it. I think if I were on the Bachelorette ( I'd never do it, but humor me), I'd probably be making decisions you all would scream at me for and want to smash your TV over. I'd kiss one too many guys, be indecisive and probably a bit inappropriate. So I can't judge Jillian, she's doing better then I would have by now!

Scripted or not, it's fun, and there are still some basic things even the best actors can't fake: Chemistry and how they look at the person across from them. I've seen movies where the couple portrayed were suppossed to be in love ( think Two Weeks Notice")..Sandra Bullock and hugh grant acted well enough, but there was ZERO chemistry, and they were acting in love.
    I see a connection with Reid and a little with Ed too...but not with Kip...the body language is way off.
    If you would like to see more connection with Ed go over to JU, have look at the s/caps posted by Valen in part 1 and part 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Phyllie;3583321;
    I really hate to beat a dead horse but I just can't seem to let this go. The puzzle is killing me.
    Several people have commented on the frat boy soundbites Ed made about Jillian...She's Hot. Why does this hot chick like me. Wanna attack the hot chick. and so on and so forth.
    On the other hand, Jillian made several comments about Ed. Lets go back and have some sexy time. That Ed is one sexy guy. blah blah blah.

Then, they both have PI's in their orginal clothes talking about chemistry not being there, and how he couldn't show her he loved her. And the location kept changing, and the sunburn kept disappearing and reappearing.

I can't figure out how in the world this got edited or accomplished without their complicity. Then on the other hand, I can't imagine them being on board with this.

It may be one of the oddest things I've ever seen in terms of the editing, the PI's and the film not making sense. You can't even blame it on Frankenbiting because most of the times the words are coming straight out of their mouths.
    I absolutely agree, its bothered me since it aired. Something smells fishy and like I've been saying where there is smoke, there is (or was) a fire. Too many small things keep making no sense about Ed, his situations, words, surroundings, edit. I'm not sure what is going on but something is and whatever it is, is the key to this season.
    Team Reilly

Quote Originally Posted by Phyllie;3583332;
    I've always thought Kiptyn was kind of boring but the more this endless neverending discussion goes on the better he looks!
    Go Kiptyn!
    Thanks..I think!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV;3583216;
    When Ed went to the Rejection Debriefing Bench last week to chat up Jillian after Reid was gone, he said something that I've been wondering about since. He said something about trusting him that everything he had said up to that point was a genuine reflection of his feelings for her and said something like "If you can just believe that...."

Does anyone remember that scene, and if so, did anyone get an "I'm about to confess something..." vibe from that? I really thought he had something on his mind and was considering spilling it right then and there.
    On the bench Ed said "I know that was pretty difficult for you to make and I just want to thank you because I think you're um probably making a big bet and I appreciate it.

Interesting choice of words!

Quote Originally Posted by TxMav10;3583272;
    I think a big part of why Jillian let Reid go at F3 was because of what happened to her. She was afraid he could not open up to her the way she could not open up to Jason. She said herself after she was cut that it was not love she was feeling. She let Reid go to protect him and her. Now can he convince her that what they had was real and can last??? Guess we will see!
    what is reid doing in your avatar?

I love Kip, I really do believe he has a heart of gold. And it doesn't hurt that his body is beautiful. But I don't want him as TB, its not the right place for him to find love. He needs to do things slowly, I think he needed to do this show to like he said go after something. But I really believe doing TB with girls all over him will take him back 10 steps. And if he's not ready to propose now with Jilly, he won't be on his show and he wants to do it once
    Team Reilly

Quote Originally Posted by sueb1961;3583172;
    I agree, that does not make sense to me. And if sdl's source was so determinded to clean up the "mess" he wouldn't have let him send the text. (if there really was a text I am not buying it). And if this mess made his life so miserable why is the source now telling everyone the information that made is life so unbearable.

I doubt very much tptb care about any rumors of anyone flying around. Especially in a season where the gf rumors are called out on the show.

IMO this is just a means to try to make Ed look bad.
    Being Ed's handler could very well mean being responsible for "cleaning up the mess" but wouldn't mean the person could dictate to Ed every word to say in a conversation. And I don't believe the source is "telling everyone" I believe he told one person who just happened to tell us. Not the same thing as the source telling everyone at all, IMO.

What purpose would anyone have to make things up just to make Ed look bad?
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook

Quote Originally Posted by papaase;3583221;
    Exactly. He said i love you and will propose like a robot. Finally gets face to face is trying to reassure of his functioning parts and makes it clear he's attached to her. Wow Ed, way to make the this lady sitting at home swoon.

She liked what Ed told her, and what Kip told her but didn't like what Reid told her, therefore, Reid was sent home tonight on a plane. (right) But Reid was rejected.

Quote Originally Posted by wmweeza;3583342;
    what is reid doing in your avatar?
    Go to the Reid non-spoiler thread to see!

It's so funny. Oh, his brothers are something else!