Page 447 of 452 FirstFirst ... 347397437438439440441442443444445446447448449450451452 LastLast
Results 4,461 to 4,470 of 4511

Thread: Bachelorette 5**** Spoilers, THE FINALE with screencaps

  1. #4461
    FORT Fogey FanOfUnrealTV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    4,670

    Re: Bachelorette 5**** Spoilers, THE FINALE with screencaps

    Quote Originally Posted by KashatheDiva;3614314;
    I know production books the "dates" ahead of time with the vendors.
    So it does seem to me that TPTB planned parallel dates as to last season. That is not so unusual.
    But yeah, I think Jillian knew pretty much by Spain and then TPTB just put the guys in their slots like last season.
    In Spain even though Jillian did spend quality time with Reid and Kip, she only said she would do the Fantasy Suite with Ed--that was pretty telling.
    Do you mean that it was telling that they only showed her "doing" the FS with Ed? Because we know that she did "do" the Fantasy Suite with Reid.
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

  2. #4462
    FORT Fogey KashatheDiva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    7,068

    Re: Bachelorette 5**** Spoilers, THE FINALE with screencaps

    Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV;3614354;
    Do you mean that it was telling that they only showed her "doing" the FS with Ed? Because we know that she did "do" the Fantasy Suite with Reid.
    Yes. That and the fact that during dinner she did accept the invitation from Ed verbally--and denied the others even though she did spend time with them there.
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.

  3. #4463
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    515

    Re: Bachelorette 5**** Spoilers, THE FINALE with screencaps

    Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV;3614354;
    Do you mean that it was telling that they only showed her "doing" the FS with Ed? Because we know that she did "do" the Fantasy Suite with Reid.
    I have thought from this episode that this was a Huge clue that Ed would be F1. We knew that she was at the Eme with reid based on the SC's....so why take them out unless to play up the storyline with Ed?

  4. #4464
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,130

    Re: Bachelorette 5**** Spoilers, THE FINALE with screencaps

    Quote Originally Posted by fiveboysin07;3614425;
    I have thought from this episode that this was a Huge clue that Ed would be F1. We knew that she was at the Eme with Rreid based on the SC's....so why take them out unless to play up the storyline with Ed?
    I think it's so she didn't seem too promiscuous. Had she chosen Reid or Kip as her F1, maybe they wouldn't have shown us that exchange between her and Ed in Spain about spending the night with their clothes on. Or Ed's Maui intimacy problem scene. (In hindsight, I think they promoted Ed's bedroom problem because Ed was the story. While viewers were embarrassed for Ed, when Jillian picks him in the end and says that was just about sunburn and he more than made up for it on the Big Island, or however she characterizes it, it will be easier for the public to accept if he's the only one shown getting a real sleep-over.

    Two episodes with fantasy suites (Spain and Maui), coupled with the LCD's, is a lot of bedroom time for the viewing public. Look at all the criticism she's taking for kissing so many guys. We're going to see her and Kip spending some time in his room on the LCD, so when laying it out, they probably decided since Reid is F3, it wasn't a good idea to show her spending time romping on the bed with him (or in a steamy hottub) in Spain since we'd be seeing the bathtub scene in Maui. But, they left it in the previews so we'd pick up on it and wonder about it. And it worked. Many of us thought because they hid the Reid Esme caps, there must be more to his and Jillian's story.

  5. #4465
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    9,989

    Re: Bachelorette 5**** Spoilers, THE FINALE with screencaps

    Quote Originally Posted by ZG_Champion;3614460;
    I think it's so she didn't seem too promiscuous. Had she chosen Reid or Kip as her F1, maybe they wouldn't have shown us that exchange between her and Ed in Spain about spending the night with their clothes on. Or Ed's Maui intimacy problem scene. (In hindsight, I think they promoted Ed's bedroom problem because Ed was the story. While viewers were embarrassed for Ed, when Jillian picks him in the end and says that was just about sunburn and he more than made up for it on the Big Island, or however she characterizes it, it will be easier for the public to accept if he's the only one shown getting a real sleep-over.

    Two episodes with fantasy suites (Spain and Maui), coupled with the LCD's, is a lot of bedroom time for the viewing public. Look at all the criticism she's taking for kissing so many guys. We're going to see her and Kip spending some time in his room on the LCD, so when laying it out, they probably decided since Reid is F3, it wasn't a good idea to show her spending time romping on the bed with him (or in a steamy hottub) in Spain since we'd be seeing the bathtub scene in Maui. But, they left it in the previews so we'd pick up on it and wonder about it. And it worked. Many of us thought because they hid the Reid Esme caps, there must be more to his and Jillian's story.
    I have just about decided that they threw in that bedroom edit on Ed because it was just too good an opportunity to pass up. I watch very little tv, but every time I do turn on the tv, one of the commercials is on Cialis or Viagra. Those two remedies for erectile disfunction for up to 1/3 of all men is clearly the rage in ads and commercials.

    I think the producers jumped on that rage and spoofed it. It didn't matter whether it was their F1 or not. We have seen that recently. They will throw any and everybody under the bus. It probably didn't help if Ed was a PITA (pain in the rear) behind the scenes like Jesse was as has been reported by our on the scenes inside info sleuther, sdl.
    If all of this is true, though, kudos to Ed who most obviously does NOT have erectile disfunction*. bwahahaha

    Would a man with erectile disfunction win fair yon maiden?

  6. #4466
    FORT Regular OhioStarbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    60

    Re: Bachelorette 5**** Spoilers, THE FINALE with screencaps

    I just remember the VO's referring to "being under so much pressure" when they were showing the scene with Ed having problems. I'll have to go back and watch that again. I think it seemed like the VO was referring to what TPTB were making Ed and Jillian "do" for the scene. Maybe that was just too much pressure. I would think that one or both of them may not be comfortable making out in front of a camera.
    Maybe "under so much pressure" was referring to trying to catch up for lost time. Dont' know. I just remember wondering why the VO's talked about the "pressure" and I'm pretty sure it was Jillian's VO.

  7. #4467
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    460

    Re: Bachelorette 5**** Spoilers, THE FINALE with screencaps

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3614486;
    I have just about decided that they threw in that bedroom edit on Ed because it was just too good an opportunity to pass up. I watch very little tv, but every time I do turn on the tv, one of the commercials is on Cialis or Viagra. Those two remedies for erectile disfunction for up to 1/3 of all men is clearly the rage in ads and commercials.

    I think the producers jumped on that rage and spoofed it. It didn't matter whether it was their F1 or not. We have seen that recently. They will throw any and everybody under the bus. It probably didn't help if Ed was a PITA (pain in the rear) behind the scenes like Jesse was as has been reported by our on the scenes inside info sleuther, sdl.
    If all of this is true, though, kudos to Ed who most obviously does NOT have erectile disfunction*. bwahahaha

    Would a man with erectile disfunction win fair yon maiden?
    In Fleiss' world? Yes.
    ETA: LOL

  8. #4468
    FORT Regular riano27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    145

    Re: Bachelorette 5**** Spoilers, THE FINALE with screencaps

    Quote Originally Posted by ZG_Champion;3614460;
    I think it's so she didn't seem too promiscuous. Had she chosen Reid or Kip as her F1, maybe they wouldn't have shown us that exchange between her and Ed in Spain about spending the night with their clothes on. Or Ed's Maui intimacy problem scene. (In hindsight, I think they promoted Ed's bedroom problem because Ed was the story. While viewers were embarrassed for Ed, when Jillian picks him in the end and says that was just about sunburn and he more than made up for it on the Big Island, or however she characterizes it, it will be easier for the public to accept if he's the only one shown getting a real sleep-over.

    Two episodes with fantasy suites (Spain and Maui), coupled with the LCD's, is a lot of bedroom time for the viewing public. Look at all the criticism she's taking for kissing so many guys. We're going to see her and Kip spending some time in his room on the LCD, so when laying it out, they probably decided since Reid is F3, it wasn't a good idea to show her spending time romping on the bed with him (or in a steamy hottub) in Spain since we'd be seeing the bathtub scene in Maui. But, they left it in the previews so we'd pick up on it and wonder about it. And it worked. Many of us thought because they hid the Reid Esme caps, there must be more to his and Jillian's story.
    It's weird though in her reaction to the FS with the three different guys. With Kiptyn she wanted him to go back to the room to cuddle and talk and whatnot. With Reid she said "the Jill that knows what I WANT right now would say yes" () before coming out and saying she thinks it would be better to wait. I can't really comment on the Ed reaction because I don't recall too many details.

    So why would she make that comment to Reid but no one else?

  9. #4469
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    9,989

    Re: Bachelorette 5**** Spoilers, THE FINALE with screencaps

    Quote Originally Posted by ZG_Champion;3614514;
    I'll really laugh if after the show we start seeing Ed in real Viagra commercials. I bet he'd make a mint off the residuals and it might fit with his sense of humor.
    That would be funny!

    If you remember, when those previews first started, everyone was associating "the problem" with Reid's voice which is what leads me to believe that the intent wasn't to created this huge doubt about Ed's ability to sexually perform as much as to throw in satirical drama and humor.
    They did create some doubt in the storyline, but more than that they created this huge hubub about what should be a personal subject and an intimate problem.

    The scream is to follow the links and to watch and listen to some of the spoofs on this segment where they insinuate that the 5 cameramen, the makeup artist, all the lights, ( and they show a picture of Ed's dad) and Dad is enough to make anything wither.......

  10. #4470
    FORT Fogey Phyllie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    865

    Re: Bachelorette 5**** Spoilers, THE FINALE with screencaps

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3614531;
    That would be funny!

    If you remember, when those previews first started, everyone was associating "the problem" with Reid's voice which is what leads me to believe that the intent wasn't to created this huge doubt about Ed's ability to sexually perform as much as to throw in satirical drama and humor.
    They did create some doubt in the storyline, but more than that they created this huge hubub about what should be a personal subject and an intimate problem.

    The scream is to follow the links and to watch and listen to some of the spoofs on this segment where they insinuate that the 5 cameramen, the makeup artist, all the lights, ( and they show a picture of Ed's dad) and Dad is enough to make anything wither.......

    I obviously don't have any inside sources but I am a big fan of reality tv, especially competition shows and I'm quite a student of the manipulation and edit. I may be wrong but I think a lot of people are misunderstanding the "scripted" aspect of shows like the Bachelor.

    First, when they cast a "star" they decide on an image for them. It helps when they are using the revolving door because these characters are already established and have "screen tested" to a certain extent.

    Then, they cast the prospects. I'm sure they don't cast too many of the same type in order to get a mix. And if they have time, they try to take some of the star's requirements into account. Then, they cast a few potential looneys or big personalities.

    Then, in the past few years, IMO, they picked a "back up plan" guy. Someone to hold onto to be the F1 in case of emergency. Someone that agrees to be chosen if need be. This season, my guess would be possibly Wes, and most likely Jake and possibly Kip. With a potential to be the Bachelor if they aren't chosen but prove to be popular.

    Then, they start to film. They bait and promise rewards to get certain soundbites in PI's, and manipulate scenarios in order to evoke response. They suggest confrontations. And film every freaking moment of every freaking day. That's a lot of footage to chose from.

    Then, when it's over, they have all the footage, they know how it turns out, so they go about manipulating the story to create the most drama, and impact. They don't, IMO, script it and then play it out, but if they have gaps in the story they are trying to tell, they create extra PI's with the help of those onboard, or they frankenbite them in.

    This season quite possibly went off the rails because Jillian is a strong willed person and possibly wouldn't be as manipulated as they wanted her to be. Ed doesn't seem like he was too down for playing the game, and Reid seemed to stay pretty true to himself. Jillian sent their pasty's home early, and Wes couldn't be controlled.

    THat would be why the season was a "friggin' disaster". How to tell the story that fit the formula with the messed up footage they had and not a whole lot to do with who chose who or why.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.