Page 446 of 452 FirstFirst ... 346396436437438439440441442443444445446447448449450451452 LastLast
Results 4,451 to 4,460 of 4511

Thread: Bachelorette 5**** Spoilers, THE FINALE with screencaps

Re: Bachelorette 5**** Spoilers, THE FINALE with screencaps

I saw more of a connection between Ed and Jillian. That being said, I don't think that Reid could possibly do anything at the finale (remember it was filmed on 5/24) that could possibly humiliate himself, embarrass himself, or hurt himself. Since we know Reid afforded himself the opportunity to offer his true feelings to Jillian, whether she accepted them or not, he also grew and learned from the experience and probably became an even better man than he already was. Same for Kiptyn! So I say congratulations to Jillian, Ed, Reid and Kiptyn for learning and growing from this experience. I will enjoy the finale and Atfr knowing this and hope others do too. And I also want to thank Cupcakes, Bloomers and Kasha for their honest and wonderful posts. They are thoughtful, honest, analytical and often amusing: That is why I became a member of this board.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by xseannax;3614178;
    Yeah me too. I'm very interested to see how it plays out. If Reid DIDN'T talk to her before the FRC and that is when he makes his first appearance then why have him come 2nd? Why not before Kiptyn?
    Their handlers talk to them constantly for feedback. The producers knew Jillian's mind about Reid as far as how he actually fit in emotionally with the other two guys.

This is what I truly think:

From what we hear, Reid immediately thought he had blown it and wanted another chance. He talked to a producer about approaching Jillian again.

Now if the producers thought Reid's position in Jillian's mind was actually strong enough to compete with the others for F1, they would have allowed him to approach her quickly ( as we know in retrospect Jeremy did with DeAnna) so that the format could be changed and Reid could also have at least a parent meeting, if not a last chance date. He as well could then make his direct appeal at the Final Rose Ceremony .

By putting him off until the last day, the producers have weakened Reid's chances with her to a great extent. The other two guys have spent that emotional time with her families and that emotionally intimate time last date with her.

What this implies to me so very strongly with what we now know is that the producers knew Jillian's mind at the point of the F3 rose ceremony. Emotionally, for whatever reason(s) her F2 were Ed and Kip. Although it hurt her terribly to let Reid go, in her mind he was at that point out of the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3614197;
    Their handlers talk to them constantly for feedback. The producers knew Jillian's mind about Reid as far as how he actually fit in emotionally with the other two guys.

This is what I truly think:

From what we hear, Reid immediately thought he had blown it and wanted another chance. He talked to a producer about approaching Jillian again.

Now if the producers thought Reid's position in Jillian's mind was actually strong enough to compete with the others for F1, they would have allowed him to approach her quickly ( as we know in retrospect Jeremy did with DeAnna) so that the format could be changed and Reid could also have at least a parent meeting, if not a last chance date. He as well could then make his direct appeal at the Final Rose Ceremony .

By putting him off until the last day, the producers have weakened Reid's chances with her to a great extent. The other two guys have spent that emotional time with her families and that emotionally intimate time last date with her.

What this implies to me so very strongly with what we now know is that the producers knew Jillian's mind at the point of the F3 rose ceremony. Emotionally, for whatever reason(s) her F2 were Ed and Kip. Although it hurt her terribly to let Reid go, in her mind he was at that point out of the picture.
    Once again, I am so amazed at your analysis! I also remember your analysis of date activities: the kayak date goes to F2. Kip and Jillian's LCD date is a lot like kayak Too bad we don't have the horseriding this season! I just don't understand why Jillian listed "outdoorsy" as one of the qualities that she's looking for in a man; Ed doesn't look too qualify for that!

So, Bloomers, do you still think Rose Petals in FD is still the deciding factor we should look for in terms of F1? Has it ever failed?
    <---------- I post so I can see more of him

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3614186;
    I have a feeling you are right, and that is why there was indecision on how to edit the finale. Although they gave him a good edit, despite initially ignoring him and then painting him as neurotic, I don't think TPTB expected Reid to become as huge a fan favorite in just the last few episodes as he did. The fact that women of all ages found him and his quirks so real and endearing is probably not a concept they can understand; they assume we only go for the hot guy with a 6-pack or the sexy single dad. They expect a backlash and outrage, even welcome it, but just how far they can push it before it turns viewers off permanently is another issue.
    This is a great post. I looked at a lot of the polling and trending data last night and in almost all cases, Reid or Kip have surpassed Ed in the fan likeability areas. After Ed's recents edits, Kip has raced in front of him and is carrying over 50% in many polls as "who she should pick" with the remainder split between Reid and Ed. There's a lot of interest in Reid in Google Search trends and in "Buzz" articles.

While I think the editors definitely wanted a tight finish with all three in the hunt in viewers minds, I have to once again wonder why they gave Ed the edit that they did in the home stretch. Was there no other way to create doubt around Ed than to highlight his social etiquette and implied ED issues?

They created such a contrast between Ed vs Kip/Reid's edits to the point that it appears that the ending will leave a huge portion of their viewers disappointed. Couldn't their differences been highlighted in a more subtle fashion so the ending is more acceptable regardless of her pick?

Add in the fact that Jillian rejects Reid again and how well that will most likely go over with viewers and you have negativity all around. What a wonderful engagement gift for the happy couple.

Quote Originally Posted by SDMOM;3614218;
    Once again, I am so amazed at your analysis! I also remember your analysis of date activities: the kayak date goes to F2. Kip and Jillian's LCD date is a lot like kayak Too bad we don't have the horseriding this season! I just don't understand why Jillian listed "outdoorsy" as one of the qualities that she's looking for in a man; Ed doesn't look too qualify for that!

So, Bloomers, do you still think Rose Petals in FD is still the deciding factor we should look for in terms of F1? Has it ever failed?

I posted a few days ago about the rose petals in Ed's room, and our mantra that sc's don't lie ... but someone referred to what appeared to be petals in Kip's room in Spain, which I'm still not convinced. Not only did it look like a rose petal hurricane in Ed's room, the balcony was draped with roses intertwined in the balcony railings. Valen has some great sc's at JU.

Funny how things work out in the end.
    Earlier in the season I compared Jason's FD's with Jillian's FD's and that is exactly how it ended working out.

Jason's F3 was Jillian--they did a helicopter ride to the Ledge in NZ =Jillian's helicopter ride with Reid her F3 to Hana.

Jason's F2 with Molly--they had the adventure date(the adrenaline rush) bungee= Jillian's adventure zipline/climbing date with her F2 Kip.

Jason's F1 with Melissa a boat/water date= Jillian's F1 with Ed on the water.

Coincidence?
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.

Quote Originally Posted by KashatheDiva;3614285;
    Earlier in the season I compared Jason's FD's with Jillian's FD's and that is exactly how it ended working out.

Jason's F3 was Jillian--they did a helicopter ride to the Ledge in NZ =Jillian's helicopter ride with Reid her F3 to Hana.

Jason's F2 with Molly--they had the adventure date(the adrenaline rush) bungee= Jillian's adventure zipline/climbing date with her F2 Kip.

Coincidence?
    I definitely remember that!! (and I should have listened to you....)
    However, my question is: so, you think Jillian already knew who her F1, F2, F3 were going to be at that point of the "journey"? That definitely jives with her "I know what my decision is going to be early" (paraphrase).
    Except in Jason' case, F2 became F1, so Kasha, you think we Kiptyn fans still have some hope? JUST KIDDING!!
    <---------- I post so I can see more of him

Quote Originally Posted by KashatheDiva;3614285;

Coincidence?

Oh Kasha, so she does end up with Kip , hence the reference in the interviews of her pulling a Mesnick.

J/K everybody.

Jinx, SDMOM

Quote Originally Posted by SDMOM;3614301;
    I definitely remember that!! (and I should have listened to you....)
    However, my question is: so, you think Jillian already knew who her F1, F2, F3 were going to be at that point of the "journey"? That definitely jives with her "I know what my decision is going to be early" (paraphrase).
    Except in Jason' case, F2 became F1, so Kasha, you think we Kiptyn fans still have some hope? JUST KIDDING!!
    I know production books the "dates" ahead of time with the vendors.
    So it does seem to me that TPTB planned parallel dates as to last season. That is not so unusual.
    But yeah, I think Jillian knew pretty much by Spain and then TPTB just put the guys in their slots like last season.
    In Spain even though Jillian did spend quality time with Reid and Kip, she only said she would do the Fantasy Suite with Ed--that was pretty telling.
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.