Thread: Bachelorette 5**** Spoilers, THE FINALE with screencaps

Re: Bachelorette 5**** Spoilers, THE FINALE with screencaps

Quote Originally Posted by ddangelic;3612629;
    Saw this posted on ABC, probably pasted from FORT:
    (what do you think?)

lovesCharlie FORT Newbie
    Join Date: Jun 2009 Posts: 9 Re: Bachelorette 5 - Media Spoilers
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I debated long over whether I should give up this info because it is so romantic that I think everyone deserves to see it play out. But then I thought that last season, I was all over finding out about the finale and tracked everything RS said and then watching in horror as it all played out and I think I would have done it all over so here goes.

I saw the finale clip personally I CANNOT SAY HOW or my source will probably lose their job. So here are the highlights--and why it is so dramatic:
    1) Jill wakes up, says she knows what she wants is happy. Ed then shows up knocks on her door to tell her that he loves her and wants to spend the rest of his life with her etc. but feels like he needs to tell her first that the real reason he left was not for work, but to go home and end a relationship, before he could move forward. He says it made him very sure about her and wanting to marry her. She tells him she doesn't know what to say but appreciates his honesty and she'll see him at the final rose. That she is soo glad that he came to tell her instead of her finding out later. After he leaves, Jill is upset and cries on camera saying she says her feelings aren't perfect but that she can respect that he made that important step. So this is the "Confession"

2) Kip shows up first, he has a ring in his pocket, but never brings out the ring because Jill starts talking about their friendship and he realizes he is going to be let go. She lets him go. As he is being driven away, he is holding the ring and talking about how he wanted to be that person but that she probably made the right decision for her and that he worries if he ever will find that person that fits his life-which is why he seems like he is crying. He is so cute but he seems like he is just shocked. Next, Jill talks about how her heart just can't take this.

3) Ed shows up, he tells her he hope she can do this with him because he loves her and gets on one knee to propose, proposes and says say yes and I will spend my whole life proving my love to you. She then stares down at him and sort of is smiling and looks like she will say yes, but then says Ed I can't . His face is just heartbreaking and then she makes him stand up and hugs him. SOOOO SAD!!!

4) She is standing there crying just trying to shake it off and looking so like deflated when she starts to walk towards leaving and she puts her hand on her heart and gets a big smile on her face and then we see Reid. And then THAT's IT!!!

I have no idea what happens on the ATFR which is why I think they are billing it as a cliffhanger.

Sorry, I'm not buying it~

Quote Originally Posted by Jo777;3613256;
    Sorry, I'm not buying it~
    me neither - but I would love to!

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by hazelma;3611453;
    I think I agree, sadly, but I am looking for more evidence before not watching Reid get booted.

I cannot get this link in; please refer to pic #208 in the screencaps only thread.

Can anyone comment on who the men might be in these 2 pics? (I am sure this has been covered somewhere, but as it is I spend way too much time on these boards to search more for this answer.) It seems to me that the hair of the guy in the pick on the left has to be Reid's; it is too light to be Ed's and too straight to be Kip's. If it is Reid's, then based on her facial expression, I would say he is going home... she looks glum and not interested... certainly not in love and thrilled that he came back for her.

In the pic on the right, the hair is medium brown and a little curly at the neck; that's Kip IMO. She looks distraught and this supports him being F2. I think there is another pick of her face during this encounter somewhere.

It is interesting that her hair is parted on opposite sides in the pics, and that she has quite a bit more lipstick on in the pic on the right.

Can anyone comment on the significance of this?

I am pretty sure that the first pic (#208) is from Episode 9 - when Reid is "sent home". They are actually standing right beside the limo. She was wearing that pink nail polish at that rose ceremony. She was also wearing the same ring. So I believe the first pic is from a totally separate episode.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Phyllie;3613213;
    Reid seemed like he was feeling an awful lot of pressure. I bet after he was detoxed for a couple of days he was relieved as hell. He seemed to really like Jillian but he didn't seem like he gave a whole lot of thought beyond the FRC.

Jillian said last year that once the haze wore off, she realized that she and Jason just weren't compatible in the real world. I think this time she really gave a lot of thought to that, which is also probably why Chris told us she reminds him of Trista.
    Chris made some remark about how Jillian was like Trista in that once she made a decision she didn't look back, or didn't change? That was probably foreshadowing what happens with Reid.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3613838;
    Chris made some remark about how Jillian was like Trista in that once she made a decision she didn't look back, or didn't change? That was probably foreshadowing what happens with Reid.

I just don't understand why they would make such an effort to hide Reid in the finale, but make comments like that, which basically tell us that Jillian won't ever take Reid back. Why couldn't they just show him openly (it would still be dramatic) like Jeremy from Deanna's season? It's such a tease for them to do this - a lot of people think Reid is going to get the girl now and a lot of people are going to be disappointed.

Oddly, I'm nearly 100% certain when Chris said that, it was in his blog about how upset Jillian had been when Ed left. He said she was upset, then like Trista had been, went forward and didn't look back.

For two episodes till he returned apparently. LOL.

So while maybe it foreshadowed Reid, it was initially in conjunction with Ed...odd since elsewhere it was said she was quite a wreck and I wondered if Chris was thinking she pulled herself together, went forward, and didn't look back to Ed a little later down the road than others had.

I had seen an interview with Trista where she said that "she knew" her choice during the fantasy date. I also remember being a bit surprised at her choice with Ryan at the end (happy, but still surprised).

Quote Originally Posted by Kikora;3613897;
    Oddly, I'm nearly 100% certain when Chris said that, it was in his blog about how upset Jillian had been when Ed left. He said she was upset, then like Trista had been, went forward and didn't look back.

So while maybe it foreshadowed Reid, it was initially in conjunction with Ed...odd since elsewhere it was said she was quite a wreck and I wondered if Chris was thinking she pulled herself together, went forward, and didn't look back to Ed a little later down the road than others had.
    Yeah, you're right, but I think the difference is that Jillian's mind wasn't made up. Ed kind of made it for her by leaving. OTOH, Jillian did decide to send Reid away.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikora;3613897;

Or maybe just maybe everyone is a bigger liar than I ever could have imagined..... I am so disgusted with myself for caring about this show.

There are a lot of people let go on this show,every rose ceremony in fact.
    Maybe the other bachelorettes mulled over letting guys go at each ceremony and Trista and who...who is our bachelorette now...hmmmmoh yeah Jillian didn't.

In the past seasons Chris has been interviewed and had said some later mis-interpreted things. I can't remember what season it was because every cell of my brain is devoted to this show and after many seasons I find I am short of ....welll brain cells. But, I remember Chris saying something one season and after all was said and done we were like what the heck did he mean by that.

Just remembered something else. When Chris interviewed her for the MTA and talked about ED coming back, Chris smiled and sorta laughed when Jillian said she couldn't make it hard on Ed.
    Last edited by Piano-Girl; 07-26-2009 at 10:14 AM.
    thatsaaalotaawords...