Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Which would you like to see: Proposal or Real Life Dating?

Re: Which would you like to see: Proposal or Real Life Dating?

Quote Originally Posted by bamabrain;3516662;
    I'd vote for real life dating if the show were "real." But since it isn't, I want a big old proposal. I want a big old wedding too.
    THANK YOU, bama!!! I've been thinking the same thing, but didn't want to post it.

I concur. In spades!
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

I want a proposal and big ole wedding too! What are the chances of that happening on this show? Anyone taking bets? Just kidding, I don't bet or gamble, but if I did I believe this would be a sure bet that there will not be a wedding or even a proposal. My bet would be on Jillian returning to Canada to date and marry Riaz!

Either way is fine with me. I just want a happy ending even if they're both putting on an act for the cameras/viewers.

I see this show as entertainment just like any other TV show I watch. I invest 2+ months of my Monday evenings with this show. I want a satisfying happy ending to make myself smile at the end & feel I didn't waste my time.

I don't care if it's all fiction, scripted or real. I want to like the main show characters (this time I do) & feel like the "story" is wrapped up in the end, just like any other TV show.

It's the same thing as with Lost, Eli Stone, Dirty Sexy Money, Life on Mars, or any of the other "fiction" shows. I just want to feel they've given me a proper ending, like they've done their job.

What they do personally & privately after is their own business, but as I've said before: They signed up to entertain me & DOGGONE IT, I WANT TO BE ENTERTAINED! Not dissapointed.

As Kasha pointed out in another thread, I've been begging for a wedding since Matt and Shayne. I already have invitations and a wedding dress (Jillian and Shayne are close to the same size, aren't they?) that could be altered. I want my big ole Ukrainian Canadian Texan wedding. Imagine the mixed metaphor possibilities. Sigh.

Obviously Real Life dating is the best route to take when going on a show like this one.

Dating makes more sense. I hate the proposals even if I like the couple.

Neurotic is the New Black Tximistarri's Avatar

Real-life dating. A proposal is just unrealistic and sort of embarrassing because, save for the exception that proves the rule, it's general knowledge that it's not going to lead to a real ongoing marriage. So a proposal starts the countdown as we wait for the end of the engagement. There's less public scrutiny and pressure on the couple if they take more time to get to know each-other outside of a fantasy-dates-set-up-by-producers context.

That said, if she picks Wes, it's so icky I vote for whatever will lead to the fastest breakup possible. Ew.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by I'msotired;3525881;
    THANK YOU, bama!!! I've been thinking the same thing, but didn't want to post it.

I concur. In spades!
    Me too in diamonds though. but only if he is the right guy. Not a staged proposal for ratings and calling it off when the next season starts.

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3530627;
    Not a staged proposal for ratings and calling it off when the next season starts.
    I don't care if they call it off or not just so it's not done at the ATFR .
    After the show's over they can do whatever they want.
    I just want a happy ending at the end of the show. This show's supposed to be romantic. Give me romantic.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3516215;
    In light of the failures of many seasons, the ring on a string, the plane ticket, the re-shot FRCs, fixed endings and broken engagements, what would be your ideal ending to Jillian's season.

I vote - Real Life Dating.
    REal life dating also.....how can anyone propose to someone they met on a tv show. No wonder only one relationship out of all of the shows made it.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast