Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Which would you like to see: Proposal or Real Life Dating?

FORT Fogey

Re: Which would you like to see: Proposal or Real Life Dating?

Real life anything. LOL. By that I mean I'd like the dating situations to be mroe realistic and less fantasy, and I would like to see more of them. I woudl also like it to be more realistic in that the Bach or Bach(ette) should be free each week to keep or cut as many as he/she wants. Maybe one week you just are not sure and want to keep them all around; another you've decided only 1 or maybe 4 should go because it is not there. And no 2/1 dates and roses only at the ceremony so the date and daters can relax more. And of course, I also like the live final RC where he or she has spent time away from the cocoon with both finalists.

I want to see more of the journey so I can sleuth along, and script along..with mroe than some misplaced/edited quotes and screemcaps. Not that "we" don't do a great job with it, but I'd rather comment on a journey than a contest.

Oh and I wish they would cut down to the F4 a lot faster so the journey with those four can be seen and not the drama with the guys.I wish the first RC the cut is from 25/10 thus cutting 15 guys especially since the "lead" usually knows who her top 5 are at the first night.And then the second cut is 10/6 and then the third cut is 6/4 that way we could focus on the storylines for four guys instead of the storylines for 10 guys.
    "I need to stop talking about shoes before I get tabbed to judge some gay fashion show, or get a call from Tanner to hang out." sdl

FORT Fogey

Real life dating, without a doubt.

MF has said he doesn't care about the relationships on this show, he's all about the drama and shock value. So, let him have it, let people be shocked at which person is chosen, but at the end no pressure for a proposal. I'd like to see one of these relationships work out longer than a couple of months after the FRC.

I vote for real life dating. I also liked the structure of Byron's season. His "house" was right by the mansion and the girls had pretty much full access to him at any time. There was a lot of "down" time that was spent with him. They had much more interaction with him when they were not on fancy, unrealistic dates but time hanging out in the kitchen or watching a movie or just talking in their PJ's. And even though they have a rocky relationship and no wedding, Byron and Mary are still together after 5 years. I think he had a much better chance of getting to really know the girls the way they set that up. The way they do it now is that only the 2 special guys that she chooses gets time with her at the mansion and the guys are so far apart from her and they only see her on the dates. How can you really get to know someone like that? I also think that the time frame needs to be longer than 6 weeks. I think they need to film for 3 months and let them date the F3 in the real world for 3 months and then have a live FRC where there is either a proposal or not. Although, I do think that 3 months is long enough to know if you want to marry someone or not. Even though my brother-in-law didn't actually propose for 8 months they both knew and were talking about marriage at 3 months and my sister bought her wedding dress at 3 months. Same for my best friend. Her husband proposed at 3 months. My other best friend's husband and his 2 kids moved in with her and her daughter after LITERALLY the 2nd date. They lived together and had another baby for 2 years and then got married. Now they've been together total 8 years but their relationship is like Jon and Kate. I'm actually not joking. They had a fight in front of me last weekend and it was like watching Jon and Kate. It really upset me. If they had just waited they would have known that they were not compatible but now they're stuck because there's 4 kids involved. 6 weeks in a fantasy environment is really the wrong way to go.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

Real life dating. imo, a proposal would be purely for show, I am interested in a REAL relationship resulting. (I don't for a minute think we'll get to though because the process has become so destructive). I no longer record this circus, so I don't see the replays and the slo-mos which really show any true connection.

FORT Fanatic

Real life dating....please.

I'd vote for real life dating if the show were "real." But since it isn't, I want a big old proposal. I want a big old wedding too.

Quote Originally Posted by bamabrain;3516662;
    I'd vote for real life dating if the show were "real." But since it isn't, I want a big old proposal. I want a big old wedding too.
    LOL I agree. Its not romantic saying..hey guys lets keep dating, your place or mine. I think the show would flop for sure. We all want a happily ever after, even knowing the love wont stay once they come back to earth. I want the ahhhhhhhh factor when I watch.
    |\__/|
    (=':'=)
    (")_(") In the real world as in dreams, nothing is what it seems.

I'm going to go with dating because basically with the way Fleiss does this show it's all a farce anyway. To me, this show has jumped the shark. This season's editing has been the worse show ever - and that's saying a lot after last season's trainwreck.
    ______________________________ __
    This space for rent...

djp

i go for real life dating, given more time to know each other

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast