Page 51 of 155 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Will Get the Final Rose?****Spoilers

Re: Who Will Get the Final Rose?****Spoilers

I think Jillian is more gregarious than either Reid or Ed. I think that either (all the other stuff aside) would be a good balance for her. Northerners (im my experience only) seem to be attuned to Canadian culture.

FORT Fan

F1: Reid
    Not sure how Ed and Kiptyn fit in for F2 and F3.

I remember in a PI during the Whistler episode, Jillian is talking about not being able to get Ed to smile, talk or make eye contact. But,if you go back and look at that PI, she is in Hawaii, not Whistler. After seeing the extended preview on Grapevine, I wondered if some of that PI was sliced and diced in regards to her PI in Spain regarding Wes as she said something to the same effect in a VO. Hard to tell. Also, in an interview at the beginning of the season, (Jillian was still in Hawaii at the time) she spoke about having to "throw out her list" and go with her heart. Throwing out the list seems to refer to Reid. In a more recent interview she was asked what was the most important trait she went with in making her decision and she said something to the effect of humor or laughter. After seeing the "Soy Grande" clip, I am leaning more and more to Reid as F1.

I guess we will "just have to see..."

Quote Originally Posted by Living;3541119;
    Analysis I find spot on.

F3 Reid. We get on well, best of friends for ever, dependable. straight talker like me.

Kip F2. Sexual chemistry, want to make out, touchy feely.

Ed F1. Similar background and work ethics. Always a quiet spark. Big, can take care of me but, I can push him to come do adventurous and fun things once in a while. Opposites attract. Jillian said she did not want someone like her (Reid). It will be too much in the home. she preferred a quiter person. This was in an interview before filming started.

Jillian could choose any of the three above and it is okay. It is only a tv show afterall. They may or may not even last the mandatory 6 months. I write only to the edit analysis I have noticed.
    Hi, there - just reviewing some posts and came across your statement about an interview before filming started where Jillian said she did not want someone like her (Reid). It will be too much in the home. She'd preferred a quiter person.

Question: I haven't heard the interview and would like to. Can you find the interview? I thought she was indirectly referring to Michael with his energy. Thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofDog;3540941;
    Ried - is more of a Canadian kind of guy than the others. Modest, bookish, genuine, humble, looks her in the eyes, admits to being scared, introduces uncomfortable topics to get them out in the open, eccentric, & has fun with winter! Can feel the laughter here at life's foibles. Not sure if it would last a lifetime, but if they both knew each other was crazy for them, they could possibly overcome the distance... hard to say but definitely worth a good try.
    He's the hottest in my opinion!

Kiptyn - sexual chemistry and a sweet disposition but I don't see it lasting due to southern california wealth and intense scrutiny of that mom & sister. Kip is kind but Jilly needs to know she is the primary woman in the man's life. Kip's mom is in charge of Kip.

Ed - is of Polish ancestry and she is of Ukranian ancestry, so that provides a base. She likes her men to be big and protective (like Wes too). They have a spark between them. She apparently liked that he put cucumbers on his eyes and wore a slinky silk dressing gown around the mansion. I have no idea if they would get beyond the first month or two together, but its worth finding out... He seems a bit self centered to me, not the most relationship savey, nor the best communicator, compared to Ried.
    I guess I have to respectfully disagree with this. The bolded paragraph is mainly because I am a Kip fan, and let's face it, he could use a little extra love on this board! I don't think we can judge someones family by 5 minutes of edited time on a reality show. All of the families were edited to fit the story line. I do find it interesting with Kip's that they showed his Mom as a little over the top yet still chose to leave in the caution tape and the clip at the end to show that they can cut loose and have fun just like the other guys families. It seems to me that most agree that Kip comes across as a warm genuine guy who seems to stay out of the drama and shows respect to the other guys. As someone else said in another post, if Kip's mom is so bad would he have turned out the way he is? Those traits are learned from a good upbringing IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by chaslom4;3542026;
    I guess I have to respectfully disagree with this. The bolded paragraph is mainly because I am a Kip fan, and let's face it, he could use a little extra love on this board! I don't think we can judge someones family by 5 minutes of edited time on a reality show. All of the families were edited to fit the story line. I do find it interesting with Kip's that they showed his Mom as a little over the top yet still chose to leave in the caution tape and the clip at the end to show that they can cut loose and have fun just like the other guys families. It seems to me that most agree that Kip comes across as a warm genuine guy who seems to stay out of the drama and shows respect to the other guys. As someone else said in another post, if Kip's mom is so bad would he have turned out the way he is? Those traits are learned from a good upbringing IMO.
    I didn't find anything wrong with Kip's mother other than she struck me as a bit pretentious, with the breaking into French for some odd reason, and the big show of dumping the cheap wine. She is a strong opinionated woman who looks out for her son; nothing wrong with that. Although not a warm and fuzzy type, she obviously has a good sense of humor. I think she ultimately liked Jillian, but she struck me as very different from Jill's mom, who seemed more "salt of the earth" and had a lot more natural warmth, as I remember. I'd be surprised though, if Jill's opinion of Kip's and Reid's (and Ed's, if she meets them) parents played a big role in her final choice.

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3542049;
    I didn't find anything wrong with Kip's mother other than she struck me as a bit pretentious, with the breaking into French for some odd reason, and the big show of dumping the cheap wine. She is a strong opinionated woman who looks out for her son; nothing wrong with that. Although not a warm and fuzzy type, she obviously has a good sense of humor. I think she ultimately liked Jillian, but she struck me as very different from Jill's mom, who seemed more "salt of the earth" and had a lot more natural warmth, as I remember. I'd be surprised though, if Jill's opinion of Kip's and Reid's (and Ed's, if she meets them) parents played a big role in her final choice.
    I would love to think that because - while family is important - it's just one factor of many to consider. However, CH makes a point in his blog this week to point out that Jillian questions whether, she is in fact good enough for Kip. At this point, I don't think he's done anything to suggest that she's not good enough but perhaps, she feels that his family did? Or, maybe something comes to light in the next few weeks, that makes it obvious that this is a concern of hers.

However, I firmly believe that the PR pro helping write his blog put that line in there for a reason as they do all of the other content - that's included or omitted. CH's blog is a very calculated PR device for the show. I'd call it a roadmap.
    Last edited by StanleyCupCanes; 07-03-2009 at 11:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by halfpintdynamit;3542024;
    Hi, there - just reviewing some posts and came across your statement about an interview before filming started where Jillian said she did not want someone like her (Reid). It will be too much in the home. She'd preferred a quiter person.

Question: I haven't heard the interview and would like to. Can you find the interview? I thought she was indirectly referring to Michael with his energy. Thanks for your help.
    let me see if thisworks:

teleconference from hawaii- jillian
    and i agree this wud allude to mike imo rather than reid

FORT Newbie

Thanks for posting the link - was very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by emusha;3542118;
    let me see if thisworks:

teleconference from hawaii- jillian
    and i agree this wud allude to mike imo rather than reid
    Why would she still be thinking of Mike? How close was this interview to the f3 to f2 cut. If it's around that time, it could indicate why Reid is F3. IMO

Quote Originally Posted by jannafan;3542021;
    F1: Reid
    Not sure how Ed and Kiptyn fit in for F2 and F3.

I remember in a PI during the Whistler episode, Jillian is talking about not being able to get Ed to smile, talk or make eye contact. But,if you go back and look at that PI, she is in Hawaii, not Whistler. After seeing the extended preview on Grapevine, I wondered if some of that PI was sliced and diced in regards to her PI in Spain regarding Wes as she said something to the same effect in a VO. Hard to tell.
    I went back to that episode in Whistler and listened to it several times. My husband is in the A/V business and often edits audio. The important thing is to pay attention to the change in background noise and vocal quality. This is how that section looks and sounds to me:

(On camera: Ed talking to Jake outside, Jillian looking out window in Whistler)

Jillian (VO): I feel like I have a special connection with Ed--I feel so comfortable around him.(Right here there is a change in background noise and vocal quality, indicating edit and location change)

Jillian (VO cont'd): But I can't help but notice that Ed is so distant from everybody. (Edit here, but no change in noise or quality, so likely same location to what follows)

(Video cut to Jillian, pink tank top, in Hawaii room setting)

Jillian (on camera): I can't catch his eye. I can't get him to smile. (Edit here, again no change in noise or quality, so likely same location)

Jillian (VO cont'd): I need to figure this out.

IMO, everything she says from "...but I can't help but notice..." through "I need to figure this out" is actually from the HI scene, though portions of it have been edited out. If so, then Ed's behavior in HI had Jillian concerned. What does this mean for F3? IDK, that's for the speculators to figure out.
    Last edited by choliday; 07-04-2009 at 12:17 AM.