Page 22 of 155 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313272122 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Will Get the Final Rose?****Spoilers

Re: Who Will Get the Final Rose?****Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Rags317;3513988;
    Real men show emotion. They are not afraid to appear weak or emotional because they are secure enough in themselves not to care what anyone else things. It's called being true to yourself. Jake IS a little over the top in some ways, but give me a tender warrior over an emotionless married to his career guy ANY day.

My husband does not cry often, but he does. My husband is very tender hearted but is one of the most manly men I've ever known.

What flew all over me about Ed is that he seemed to be almost relieved to be leaving. He genuinely seemed to care more about his job than he did Jilly. He is the type of man who will not be there for her in the future.

Yes, I agree. He is a honest person. He was releaved to have told Jillian that the decision was killing him, "what am i doing here", and I have to go...It almost seem like he wanted to bolt outta there. Their careers could clash. Ed's committments are with his clients (24 x 7)...he will get on a plane and remain at the city for weeks. This is the life of a consultant.

My vote for Jillian is Reid. Long term, she will feel at ease with him - good times and bad times. Their careers are very similiar and aligned.

Quote Originally Posted by Rags317;3513983;
    That's just the point. He showed NO emotion...he was stoic to a fault. I was quite surprised.
    This is not true.

He did show emotion. He held on to her for dear life, wiped her tears and rubbed her arm. His eyes were puffy, reddish-looking.

Should he have fallen to the floor in despair? I think this was far more believable and real, especially considering he may have already been aware that he could return.

To love and be loved is.. goldie2's Avatar

boy, I can see why Jilly does not want people to hate her. There seems to be a majority for Reid. If he's not picked I know everyone will appreciate that it's her choice based on things we may or may NOT have seen or know.

We never get the full story, just the Fleiss edited version of the truth/ half truths.And it seems like TPTB like to put a guy or girl , one who people like, in the position to be heartbroken..ie..Amanda,Sadie, Matt,Jason
    Sorry , just the way I see it..while the guy who people don't think is right for her usually is who she /he wants..ie.Ian, Graham..Shayne
    The fan favorite rarely wins..

I mean, is chosen.After all ,this is not a game show, right??

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Luvvy;3514085;
    This is not true.

He did show emotion. He held on to her for dear life, wiped her tears and rubbed her arm. His eyes were puffy, reddish-looking.

Should he have fallen to the floor in despair? I think this was far more believable and real, especially considering he may have already been aware that he could return.

If you are talking about Ed's eyes they look puffy and bulgy most of the time. . Maybe the puffy look has to do with too many drinks and shots at the house.

The bigger question is did he bother to let Jillian in on the story that he was coming back? Did he indicate that he'd return if his problem was fixed? If not then trust will be an issue long term if she chooses him. There was also a trace of a smile on his face when Jillian left his room which was disturbing to watch. If it's an issue with her he will not be f1.
    Last edited by seeker; 06-21-2009 at 01:54 AM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by CaliGal;3514080;
    Yes, I agree. He is a honest person. He was releaved to have told Jillian that the decision was killing him, "what am i doing here", and I have to go...It almost seem like he wanted to bolt outta there. Their careers could clash. Ed's committments are with his clients (24 x 7)...he will get on a plane and remain at the city for weeks. This is the life of a consultant.

My vote for Jillian is Reid. Long term, she will feel at ease with him - good times and bad times. Their careers are very similiar and aligned.
    My husband is away a good deal of the time...road trips and all. His work, i.e. his team, is a committment. But, if it's right, you make it work. You have your own interests, career, you have family...and lots of phone calls, video conferences, weekend meet ups, phone sex (Ha) ...and great reunions. You can commit to your career, or have a career with travel, and still make your relationship work. It's call trust, and priorities, and maturity, and yes love. And it's hard work, but worth it. Frankly relationshps are work. Or to make them work you have to work at it!

And, truly, I don't think feeling at ease and having a similar career are the primary basis of a lasting love relationship. A friendship yes. At least not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvvy;3514085;
    This is not true.

I have to wonder if he would have fell to the floor in despair, would people also think that was fake and just acting? I agree, he definately showed emotion and everyone shows them differently.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by CaliGal;3514080;

Agree with your post CaliGal! If Jillian was really looking to settle down and have a family soon, then her choice will reveal that.

Reid said he was ready to settle down soon, Kip has not indicated with clarity how ready he is, he seems happy to discover more about himself and a bit cautious, a smart thing to do given there are other guys in the picture and he has no clue who else she is very interested in. Ed seems the least ready to settle down of f3. He is looking for someone to help him balance job and personal lives. He seems to enjoy being with friends and drinking as well. She is looking for time at home with her. Off base about basics right there.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3514317;
    Agree with your post CaliGal! If Jillian was really looking to settle down and have a family soon, then her choice will reveal that.

Reid said he was ready to settle down soon, Kip has not indicated with clarity how ready he is, he seems happy to discover more about himself and a bit cautious, a smart thing to do given there are other guys in the picture and he has no clue who else she is very interested in. Ed seems the least ready to settle down of f3. He is looking for someone to help him balance job and personal lives. He seems to enjoy being with friends and drinking as well. She is looking for time at home with her. Off base about basics right there.
    But, see, in law we say "assumes a fact not in evidence" and in this case, the predicate that's missing in your analysis is that Jill has never really said she's ready to settle down. Or at least she has said it, but has also said she wants to restart her career, she wants someone to take care of her so she has no worries, wants to feel like she's 19 all the time. So,she's all over the place. Until she decides, they all fit one or the other "I wants". And also, I think it's cart before horse: she picks the guy who tingles her toes, who she feels the most connection to and if it works out over time, she settles down with him when it's right. You don't pick a guy because he's most ready to settle unless you are sure that's what and that's who you want.

FORT Fan

Votes so far

Reid - 41
    Ed - 30
    Kip - 13
    Jesse - 2

Ed or Reid - 9
    Kip or Reid - 3
    Ed or Wes - 1

Ceaser (the limo driver) - 1

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by sanlee;3513961;
    Anyone remember when there used to be a poll on FORT on who would be the F1? Is it too soon for that?
    This poll is to see what Bachelors are the FORT favorites for the first five episodes - the first half of the season.

It will be interesting to see if the FORT favorites stay the same or change during the next five episodes - the second half of the season.