Thread: Bachelorette 5**** Spoilers, episode 9 with screencaps

  1. #5531
    FORT Fogey KatesMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Motor City
    Posts
    2,313

    Re: Bachelorette 5**** Spoilers, episode 9 with screencaps

    Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3555213;
    I don't read romance novels much myself, so I hope others who do weigh in, but which one you see the romance with seems to depend on who you are a fan of. Ed's character is "the one that got away" who then returned, while Reid's is "the friend who has loved her from afar" and has always been there for her. I think historically that both these types have won a few and lost a few in the romance novel genre. But we root for who we sympathize with, and I do not see a clear consensus on whether Reid or Ed is the more sympathetic character.
    I can only speak for myself - the romance novels that I love are the ones with the person who usually does something huge to finally win the girl. While the slowly building/consistent story is the most realistic and most likely to last in the real world, in romance novels, it is all about the grand jestures and winning it all/being together "against all odds". What girl (at least in a dream) wouldn't want the guy she really loved, who was taken away from her for one reason or another, to come back and tell her that he made a huge mistake and he loves her and would do anything to make it work with her?

    ETA: Actually, now that I read my own statement, given the scenarios we are talking about - that could really describe either Ed or Reid, couldn't it?

  2. #5532
    FORT Fanatic blasie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    779

    Re: Bachelorette 5**** Spoilers, episode 9 with screencaps

    Quote Originally Posted by mahham;3555175;
    I have been asking that all day with no one answering, so I am curious to see if anyone answers you...
    Because romance novels (Ed's story line) are FICTION and highly manipulated, not allowing for any of the skepticism or the weighing of how things will play out in reality(Reid's story line).

    Because romance novels(I've never read one) I assume end with a wedding. Life starts with a wedding and then it's all downhill from there. Never again will these people have anyone dealing with all of the logistics of life for them. If they want to get from point A to point B they will have to work that out for themselves. Jillian doesn't come across as a Diva, but I sometime wonder about her judgment. Right now they are on a Magic Carpet ride, but at this stage how can anyone know if each of them will head in the same direction once the chains have been cut and free will is restored.


    Don't drink the KoolAid

    Commit random acts of kindness!

  3. #5533
    FORT Fogey KatesMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Motor City
    Posts
    2,313

    Re: Bachelorette 5**** Spoilers, episode 9 with screencaps

    Quote Originally Posted by mahham;3555235;
    That's not the question I was asking The question is for the folks who have decided that it's a done deal that Ed will "confess some sins" and "be exposed as a pig" somehow on the show. My question is when is this supposed to start? Because this would be totally counter to the edit he has been given and continues to be given in the episode description we have seen for Monday. If Fleiss is going to throw Ed under the bus, don't you think we would have seen something about it by now??? And I don't mean here, I mean on the show, the thing that most folks are watching and making judgements on because they don't read FoRT.
    This is where I get caught up. We know Ed left and she has questions about that - about whether he can commit/she can trust him, etc. But at the same time, we are saying the lack of ability to commit is probably why she sends Reid home at F3. Just doesn't make sense. I feel like for her to choose Reid over Ed, there will have to be something else. But I do agree - if Fleiss was going to throw Ed under the bus, it seems like the foreshadowing would have been there by now. I don't know - I can't come up with a completely believable scenario as to why she lets Reid go, keeps Ed and then turns Ed down for Reid. And yes, I know Kip is still in there somewhere - but, at least in my opinion, I really feel like the story this season is between Reid and Ed.

  4. #5534
    Patience pays off. Irish Hart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Crazy California
    Posts
    299

    Re: Bachelorette 5**** Spoilers, episode 9 with screencaps

    Quote Originally Posted by mahham;3555235;
    That's not the question I was asking The question is for the folks who have decided that it's a done deal that Ed will "confess some sins" and "be exposed as a pig" somehow on the show. My question is when is this supposed to start? Because this would be totally counter to the edit he has been given and continues to be given in the episode description we have seen for Monday. If Fleiss is going to throw Ed under the bus, don't you think we would have seen something about it by now??? And I don't mean here, I mean on the show, the thing that most folks are watching and making judgements on because they don't read FoRT.
    If Ed was one of the guys with a girlfriend I believe he will throw himself under the bus by coming clean. Jill might not like what he has to say.....

  5. #5535
    FORT Fogey Phyllie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    865

    Re: Bachelorette 5**** Spoilers, episode 9 with screencaps

    Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom;3555262;
    This is where I get caught up. We know Ed left and she has questions about that - about whether he can commit/she can trust him, etc. But at the same time, we are saying the lack of ability to commit is probably why she sends Reid home at F3. Just doesn't make sense. I feel like for her to choose Reid over Ed, there will have to be something else. But I do agree - if Fleiss was going to throw Ed under the bus, it seems like the foreshadowing would have been there by now. I don't know - I can't come up with a completely believable scenario as to why she lets Reid go, keeps Ed and then turns Ed down for Reid. And yes, I know Kip is still in there somewhere - but, at least in my opinion, I really feel like the story this season is between Reid and Ed.
    Jillian has talked about forgiveness alot. And taking boyfriends back after they did something to hurt her. Possibly Ed does confess, she is conflicted, upset, confused...but decides to go with him anyway.

    Then, they would build up the suspense of the crazy ending but not throw Ed under the bus since he ends up as final one.

  6. #5536
    FORT Fogey pattycake92's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,427

    Re: Bachelorette 5**** Spoilers, episode 9 with screencaps

    Quote Originally Posted by blasie;3555254;
    Because romance novels (Ed's story line) are FICTION and highly manipulated, not allowing for any of the skepticism or the weighing of how things will play out in reality(Reid's story line).

    Because romance novels(I've never read one) I assume end with a wedding. Life starts with a wedding and then it's all downhill from there. Never again will these people have anyone dealing with all of the logistics of life for them. If they want to get from point A to point B they will have to work that out for themselves. Jillian doesn't come across as a Diva, but I sometime wonder about her judgment. Right now they are on a Magic Carpet ride, but at this stage how can anyone know if each of them will head in the same direction once the chains have been cut and free will is restored.
    I've been with my husband for 19 years and while it is not easy, it has definitely not been all downhill since the wedding I actually have more love for him now that he is the father of my children than when I first married him, but that's just me

  7. #5537
    FORT Fogey pattycake92's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,427

    Re: Bachelorette 5**** Spoilers, episode 9 with screencaps

    Quote Originally Posted by Irish Hart;3555271;
    If Ed was one of the guys with a girlfriend I believe he will throw himself under the bus by coming clean. Jill might not like what he has to say.....
    Maybe he does tell her, but I doubt it will be shown. If he is her f1, then I don't think they will show that conversation. If she is head over heels with him and she thinks he feels the same way, then I don't think an ex gf is going to get in her way. She didn't really seem to care if Wes had a gf, she was more concerned that he didn't seem to want to show her his affection. JMO

  8. #5538
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    246

    Re: Bachelorette 5**** Spoilers, episode 9 with screencaps

    Quote Originally Posted by Irish Hart;3555271;
    If Ed was one of the guys with a girlfriend I believe he will throw himself under the bus by coming clean. Jill might not like what he has to say.....
    But wouldn't we see something about it by now if this was going to be a big deal? Like I said, Ed is being shown to be someone "serious", "inconsolable", "in love with Jill", etc. If he were going to come clean with some drama that is going to undo the entire narrative we have seen for him this whole season, do we really think Fleiss would let that go without some promotion? I don't, not for a second. If this were all that it's being made out to be we would be seeing previews that said "someone isn't who they seem" or something to that effect.

  9. #5539
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    246

    Re: Bachelorette 5**** Spoilers, episode 9 with screencaps

    Quote Originally Posted by blasie;3555254;
    Because romance novels (Ed's story line) are FICTION and highly manipulated, not allowing for any of the skepticism or the weighing of how things will play out in reality(Reid's story line).
    That's not what I was asking, though, please see my other post. Sorry I wasn't clear...

  10. #5540
    FORT Fogey Phyllie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    865

    Re: Bachelorette 5**** Spoilers, episode 9 with screencaps

    Quote Originally Posted by pattycake92;3555284;
    Maybe he does tell her, but I doubt it will be shown. If he is her f1, then I don't think they will show that conversation. If she is head over heels with him and she thinks he feels the same way, then I don't think an ex gf is going to get in her way. She didn't really seem to care if Wes had a gf, she was more concerned that he didn't seem to want to show her his affection. JMO
    I think they would. The messier the better. The more drama the better. If he's going to confess or get called out they could wait and hint at or promo it before the finale.
    In the meantime, they will lull us into the "fairytale ending" edit first, and then bring the big bang.
    The only thing is I would think it'd be more like a horror show where the audience saw the shark coming but the young starlet didn't have a clue until he bit.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.