Thread: Bachelorette 5**** Spoilers, episode 9 with screencaps

FORT Fanatic

Re: Bachelorette 5**** Spoilers, episode 9 with screencaps

Quote Originally Posted by pattycake92;3554541;
    Actually I think jillian is upset about the rumors. She said in her blog that she only reads the comments on her people blog because the other sites are getting nasty. Points to ed being her f1. Jmo
    Well it's her right to hide her head....won't make her life any happier, but so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by mahham;3555175;
    I have been asking that all day with no one answering, so I am curious to see if anyone answers you...
    Well, my thinking on this, is that we have been so consumed with the Wes story until he finally left last week. That's why, at least for me, I think this week will be very telling. It seems many are starting to believe Reid leaves on Monday (although not everyone, I know). So, they have to build the story this week, or else Reid coming back and her ending up with him will not be believable to the audience. I guess they could play up his finally taking the leap of faith and going after what he wants. But I am not sure that outweighs the Ed story, without more. I guess we will have to wait to see what they do on Monday. I do think it is more than a little coincidental that, although the story has been out there for months, the Ed gf gate has really hit a fever pitch in the last week or so - just as we are getting rid of Wes and focusing on the F3.

yikes! I just thought of something, Jeremy was F3 and had to come back, so F3 will probably come back? or has this been discussed to death and I'm multi tasking too much!

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom;3555169;
    What will be telling to me on this one is how the editing plays this week. If we go with the romance novel angle - for us to root for her choosing the one who comes back, we have to ALL believe that he is the best one for her. Meaning, they have to do something to make the other look not as good. Now I know about gf gate, etc., with respect to Ed. But that has not even been touched on in the show yet. There are plenty of people out there who think that Ed coming back to win her heart is the true romantic story of this season. So, if we are to believe what we have been saying - that Reid leaves at F3, Ed is supposed to be F1, but in the end she chooses Reid - they have to give us a reason to believe there is more of a love story with Reid than with Ed. For those romance novel readers out there - so far they haven't done that. Ed's story is much more like a romance novel - thus far, at least.
    Maybe this is a modern day romance. haha.

She either forgives her cad that confesses his sins. (ED)

or she chooses to give the "best friend" that stood by her a chance.

There was a Hallmark or Lifetime movie recently that was based on a LuAnn Rice novel where the love of her life keeps coming back and then deserting her. In the end, when it looks like the lifetime love is going to make it work with her, she turns him away and marries his brother who has stood by her through all the drama.

It was very romantic, although I must admit to being a little disappointed since I tend to go for the angsty love that overcomes all the odds. haha.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom;3555169;
    What will be telling to me on this one is how the editing plays this week. If we go with the romance novel angle - for us to root for her choosing the one who comes back, we have to ALL believe that he is the best one for her. Meaning, they have to do something to make the other look not as good. Now I know about gf gate, etc., with respect to Ed. But that has not even been touched on in the show yet. There are plenty of people out there who think that Ed coming back to win her heart is the true romantic story of this season. So, if we are to believe what we have been saying - that Reid leaves at F3, Ed is supposed to be F1, but in the end she chooses Reid - they have to give us a reason to believe there is more of a love story with Reid than with Ed. For those romance novel readers out there - so far they haven't done that. Ed's story is much more like a romance novel - thus far, at least.
    I don't read romance novels much myself, so I hope others who do weigh in, but which one you see the romance with seems to depend on who you are a fan of. Ed's character is "the one that got away" who then returned, while Reid's is "the friend who has loved her from afar" and has always been there for her. I think historically that both these types have won a few and lost a few in the romance novel genre. But we root for who we sympathize with, and I do not see a clear consensus on whether Reid or Ed is the more sympathetic character.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom;3555196;
    Well, my thinking on this, is that we have been so consumed with the Wes story until he finally left last week. That's why, at least for me, I think this week will be very telling. It seems many are starting to believe Reid leaves on Monday (although not everyone, I know). So, they have to build the story this week, or else Reid coming back and her ending up with him will not be believable to the audience. I guess they could play up his finally taking the leap of faith and going after what he wants. But I am not sure that outweighs the Ed story, without more. I guess we will have to wait to see what they do on Monday. I do think it is more than a little coincidental that, although the story has been out there for months, the Ed gf gate has really hit a fever pitch in the last week or so - just as we are getting rid of Wes and focusing on the F3.
    I agree with this, but I absolutely do not believe they are going to do a 180 degree shift in Ed's edit in the next week so that he can be a believable villian, it just doesn't make any sense. And even if they found some way to do it, we would not be seeing episode descriptions that say Ed is in love with her, showing her how serious he is, etc for next week. We would be seeing previews that allude to some big drama, secrets being revealed, etc. Two weeks before the finale, we would not be getting "most shocking proposal" stuff. If Fleiss were going to throw someone under the bus, he would go balls to the wall doing it, which is what we saw with Wes...
    Last edited by mahham; 07-09-2009 at 02:21 PM. Reason: html

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom;3554848;
    Just a couple of thoughts here - I have always thought the comment from CH's blog about her always being concerned about what Kip thought of her vs. the other way for the other guys sounded very similar to the comments made last season by Jason in regards to Molly.

The most expensive suite - I thought I saw something posted here that didn't have definite information on Ed's fantasy suite pricing. I also believe the guy laying on the bed with Jillian over him (I think he has been called dismount guy) is Ed. There are rose petals on that bed, which leads me to believe that Ed was her F1, at least at the time of the fantasy suites.

I like Kip - and I see that Jillian likes him. But I don't see it from him. I think he likes her and thinks she is nice - but I don't see the romantic connection from him.

I think Jillian kept changing her mind. I think she went into this thinking she knew what she was looking for, and found in 3 or 4 different guys...

Wes- was her original choice, the "bad boy" type she always drawn to. But she finally saw the light, at least with him.

Ed - she was feelin' Ed too, but he left..so she stayed focused on Wes. Then Ed returned. (why to give her another "bad boy" personna?)

Kip - Ahh "perfect" Kip, the unattainable, that is how she seems him, and unfortunately Kip is too sincere a person to continue "pretending" with Jillian (Of course he will have to as long as TPTB demand he stay there for story sake) but Kip is not into Jillian like she is into him.

Reid - the "type" she never thought she would go for, the more time they spend together the more he grown on her. If this were actual dating 101, they might make a go of it. But in this "speed" style scenerio (as well as manipulated)...Reid is being hesitant, guarded (I don't blame him) One minute Jillian is hot for him..the next she is cold...

I think that Jillian wants the end result so badly she will give up or do whatever is needed to produce THAT ENDING!...One minute Jillian is strong, and putting matters behind her, the nect she is wailing, then she is giddy...her emotions seem to be all over the place with these guys.

I am hoping that she somehow finds her way through this muck & mire, and truly is able to find some peace and be confident in the decision she makes. Of course we all know that the decision she makes is only required to last the "per contract stated time committment".

Quote Originally Posted by Phyllie;3555199;
    Maybe this is a modern day romance. haha.

She either forgives her cad that confesses his sins. (ED)

or she chooses to give the "best friend" that stood by her a chance.

There was a Hallmark or Lifetime movie recently that was based on a LuAnn Rice novel where the love of her life keeps coming back and then deserting her. In the end, when it looks like the lifetime love is going to make it work with her, she turns him away and marries his brother who has stood by her through all the drama.

It was very romantic, although I must admit to being a little disappointed since I tend to go for the angsty love that overcomes all the odds. haha.
    Well, and going the other way, who didn't love it when Carrie finally married Big??

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by xtina816;3554651;
    We lack a SC of him on the BI.

Do we have a SC of Ed on the BI?

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by HardSpun;3555187;

Answer is simple for me...I have always seen more of a love story between Reid and Jillian than Ed and Jillian...
    It started the moment Reid entered the room and smiled in her direction...IMO

I've seen plenty for me to believe that Reid and Jillian are the true love story here...maybe not a 'romance novel' love story, but a real life, warts and all, love story...That's true love...
    That's not the question I was asking The question is for the folks who have decided that it's a done deal that Ed will "confess some sins" and "be exposed as a pig" somehow on the show. My question is when is this supposed to start? Because this would be totally counter to the edit he has been given and continues to be given in the episode description we have seen for Monday. If Fleiss is going to throw Ed under the bus, don't you think we would have seen something about it by now??? And I don't mean here, I mean on the show, the thing that most folks are watching and making judgements on because they don't read FoRT.