Thread: Bachelorette 5**** Spoilers, episode 9 with screencaps

Nicely Done!

Re: Bachelorette 5**** Spoilers, episode 9 with screencaps

Quote Originally Posted by lovemygirls;3552550;
    I don't want to pick on this particular post because many have said it but since when did Reid say he was OCD? He said he was neurotic and a bit of a hypochondriac. Having OCD is one form of neurosis and can be very debilitating. Reid shows no signs of OCD, symptoms that include hand-washing to preoccupation with sexual, religious, or aggressive impulses which wreak havoc in people's lives, and often cause severe emotional and economic loss. Sorry to get all clinical. It would be nice if we stopped calling him OCD until the time comes that he says he is OCD.

Definition Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) is a human anxiety disorder characterized by involuntary intrusive thoughts. When a sufferer begins to acknowledge these intrusive thoughts, the sufferer then develops anxiety based on the dread that something bad will happen. The sufferer feels compelled to voluntarily perform irrational, time-consuming behaviors to diminish the anxiety.

I have a neurotic sister who is a hypochondriac so I can totally relate to Reid. My sister is not OCD and leads a completely normal life. She does not have obsessive compulsive tendencies at all but is careful with her diet and takes extra precautions when preparing food. Her house is a mess though.
    Thank you very much for this post, whether or not Reid has OCD is his business, and his life to deal with. I do not think that it adds anything to the conversation about him. He by all accounts is a wonderful man!

Quote Originally Posted by cherryyou;3552371;
    3) Ed - she describes him as an 'open book' who relishes simple, seemingly normal by most standards for career-minded men _ the cubs games, hotdogs ... workaholic. He does not try to impress _ says things matter-of-factly - this "building is 5 thousand years old", "mom wants grandskid ... another one of me", "Chicago is all about food", and yes 'hotdogs' seemingly everywhere. Yes, he left but as Chris Harrison blogged, he seemed to have just strolled back into Jillian's heart. One thing so apparent about him, he seems somewhat emotionless ... and he says he will do his best to be transparent. Well, there seems to be more like him in our midst than the Michaels, Jakes .... In fact, quite a few in this season were like him _ Jesse who had a slow start, Mark who had a hard time opening up ... and Kip who attributed his not having experienced heartbreak to his reticent approach to love and women but seemed to have no problem being sensual with Jillian.
    Ed saying his "mom wants grandskid ... another one of me", I am sure he was just kidding just as he was kidding with "building is 5 thousand years old".

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;3552517;
    Her gripe?????? She has never griped about her dad - she adores her dad - what she has said about him has been nothing less than wonderful respect - Where did this come from?!?!?
    Yes, 'gripe' is too strong to describe her comment but the fact that she raised that concern should mean something. Where did this come from (I plead guilty!) from an overactive imagination. Anyway, if this issue does not truly concern her, she would not have talked about it but the fact that she did, says something about her 'mindset'.

Her issue with Ed was his 'departure' in Episode 5 .... With Reid, she says that their differences could get them to fight or argue (?). Hmmmm ... that comment is very telling .... Remember this type of issue has something to do with the person's innate tendencies comprising the package .... that is not circumstantial ... it is something she can either accept as tolerable or not.

The Ed issue is easily checked: it's either fabricated or legitimate and this goes down to the heart of who he is _ integrity. If the excuse given was legitimate and, in the next episode, she decides to reject him, it would come down to her not really "feeling the magic". Whoever gets to the F2, i'm sure he gets there by default .... She knows there has to be two; the F3 is someone she does not feel the romance with. Will she choose someone? I have a feeling she will.

FORT Regular

I also agree with everyone - I cannot believe that she would just let him go after saying: "Trust Me" and all the editing surrounding their last date.
    If you watch it closely - their conversation is cut here, there and everywhere - it appears that they are doing the same thing for the Hawaii date
    as well - putting him in a negative light. When you watch them together - the piggy-back ride at the end of the date in Spain and at the Rose Ceremony - he
    kissed her shoulder once Wes departed - they are so amazing together. Only time will tell - but just looking at how they relate together - I think they
    could make it work in the "real" world.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;3552580;
    Ed saying his "mom wants grandskid ... another one of me", I am sure he was just kidding just as he was kidding with "building is 5 thousand years old".
    I am sure he is kidding but I am also sure he is hinting something. The 'building comment' is simply a 'filler' ... but 'my mom wants grandkid' is both spoken in jest and with some meaning congruent with his objective. Sometimes, to minimize the impact of something, we make a joke of it ... and we try to see how it is taken. The other person's reaction becomes our guidepost as to how and where we will go ....

I think that the only reason that Jillian would let Reid go is for his inability to not be able to commit to a proposal at the end - seeing as he moves slowly - but that doesn't negate her feelings for him me thinks - she is seen in a PI - in red dress - commenting about this - does she take the chance that things will improve when this is over - or something close to that
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;3552622;
    I think that the only reason that Jillian would let Reid go is for his inability to not be able to commit to a proposal at the end - seeing as he moves slowly - but that doesn't negate her feelings for him me thinks - she is seen in a PI - in red dress - commenting about this - does she take the chance that things will improve when this is over - or something close to that
    What PI in a red dress?

Oops, I see what you mean now.

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;3552622;
    but Kip seems no closer to engagement than Reid

Quote Originally Posted by chopstickchick;3552647;
    but Kip seems no closer to engagement than Reid
    Not from that PI we saw last episode (even though it's really from Hawaii).

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3552652;
    Not from that PI we saw last episode (even though it's really from Hawaii).
    Exactly
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON