Page 96 of 186 FirstFirst ... 468687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106146 ... LastLast

Thread: "The Twist" "The Last Five Minutes"

Re: "The Twist" "The Last Five Minutes"

Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;3566625;
    We have no idea how far into the process it was that Jill "knew who she was going to pick" then changed her mind. Perhaps it was before Ed left? Who knows. We all see this differently, but as rule of thumb the best room rules. Ed getting the worst room is not promising for him being F1. I also don't buy that he'd be able to give up his suite to his parents.
    You may be right - but she may have decided on Reid but changed her mind when she realized he wouldnt commit. If he then comes back and commits - then he was really her F1 all along

Historically Addicted lovemygirls's Avatar

Jillian's comment from an interview

"At one point I knew who it was going to be and I changed my mind a week later."
    What about if this is what she was thinking after the gut wrenching F3 RC:

"At one point I knew who it was going to be (no one) and I changed my mind a week later (to Reid after considering his proposal)."

We need not think alike to love alike

Quote Originally Posted by proudnewf;3567056;
    Well, I'm jumping into this "brilliant twist" discussion. I have been reading again through threads, rewatching tapes episodes, etc. (not much of a live eh - yes I'm Canadian). I came to the conclusion early this morning that putting together the things Jillian has been saying in interviews she has been very evasive and contradictory in what she says and doesn't say. She says she knew who her F1 was going to be before the FRC; something happens that causes her to rethink; if she chose anyone; if she is engaged; she is so happy to get back to Vancouver and a normal life; she is in a very good place right now and the happiest she has ever been; at the end you will wonder if she is engaged or not.

There have been numerous VO's and PI's in the previews leading us to think different scenarios - F3 comes back and proposes; someone has "bedroom" issues; someone who was the hardest to let go comes back, etc. This is a great ruse by TPTB to confuse us and they have done a great job. Even all the drama throughout the episodes has served to confuse us. Jillian even says in an interview that she was really excited, then heartbroken, really excited, then heartbroken (not exact words but that's the gist of her ups and downs).

I really have no idea who the F1 is but I think once all the smoke and mirrors are cleared away, the F1 proposes. Because of all the drama and ups and downs for Jillian, she does not accept the proposal - her VO says "he got down on one knee to propose and I owe it to myself to take some time to think about this". I think in the last 5 minutes she decides not to give her answer right away and that we will have to wait until the ATFR to see her answer. I also think that is why we have the screencap of her sitting at the FRC with Chris Harrison looking upset. This is at the end when she has sent the F1 away with a "let me think about this" answer and now she is talking it out with Chris wondering if she made the wrong choice in not giving F1 an answer yet and going through the "what if" scenarios - what if F1 changes his mind in the interim. When have we every seen Chris H sit down during the FRC and talk with the bachelorette - I don't remember any. That 's the only way we could be left at the end of the FRC wondering if she is engaged or not. There was a mention of that in the MTA thread as well. Remember that the time between the actual FRC and the airing of the FRC and ATFR will be about 2 months; that would be ample time for her to get away from the drama, ups and downs, creative dates and back into the normal day to day routine so she can clearly think if this F1 is really the man for her. She won't be caught up in the drama of the moment and make a decision she might regret.

That would fit "the twist" and the promoted "never before in bachelorette history" ending. I can't think of any of the bachelorettes who have said no I need to think about it to a proposal. I think everything else being pushed at us regarding the F3 is just to hype up the ending - is she engaged or is she not. The fact that there was no F3 guy at the MTA just adds to the hype - does he come back for another chance? Does the "bedroom problem" guy get dumped because he might be stressed out? Does the guy who says he can't commit finally have a last minute change of heart and propose? I just love TPTB, they have been brilliant in keeping our interest - will I be watching tonight to see if Reid is sent home - Yes. Will I be watching the FRC to see if he comes back - Yes. Will I be watching the FRC to see what the last 5 minutes twist is - Yes. Will I be watching the ATFR to see if Jillian accepts the proposal - Yes. That means I am committed to watching the remaining eipsodes. Viewing ratings will be up for sure. Is she engaged or is she not engaged - even at the end of the FRC we won't know until the ATFR. This would fit with all the secrecy, vagness, contradictions about Jillian's status right now.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it - for now!
    Good theory. It also leaves the door open for her to consider a proposal from Ed and tuurn it down afterwards in the face of all the contraversy...

bestbachelorett

Well, I'm jumping into this "brilliant twist" discussion. I have been reading again through threads, rewatching tapes episodes, etc. (not much of a live eh - yes I'm Canadian). I came to the conclusion early this morning that putting together the things Jillian has been saying in interviews she has been very evasive and contradictory in what she says and doesn't say. She says she knew who her F1 was going to be before the FRC; something happens that causes her to rethink; if she chose anyone; if she is engaged; she is so happy to get back to Vancouver and a normal life; she is in a very good place right now and the happiest she has ever been; at the end you will wonder if she is engaged or not.

There have been numerous VO's and PI's in the previews leading us to think different scenarios - F3 comes back and proposes; someone has "bedroom" issues; someone who was the hardest to let go comes back, etc. This is a great ruse by TPTB to confuse us and they have done a great job. Even all the drama throughout the episodes has served to confuse us. Jillian even says in an interview that she was really excited, then heartbroken, really excited, then heartbroken (not exact words but that's the gist of her ups and downs).

I really have no idea who the F1 is but I think once all the smoke and mirrors are cleared away, the F1 proposes. Because of all the drama and ups and downs for Jillian, she does not accept the proposal - her VO says "he got down on one knee to propose and I owe it to myself to take some time to think about this". I think in the last 5 minutes she decides not to give her answer right away and that we will have to wait until the ATFR to see her answer. I also think that is why we have the screencap of her sitting at the FRC with Chris Harrison looking upset. This is at the end when she has sent the F1 away with a "let me think about this" answer and now she is talking it out with Chris wondering if she made the wrong choice in not giving F1 an answer yet and going through the "what if" scenarios - what if F1 changes his mind in the interim. When have we every seen Chris H sit down during the FRC and talk with the bachelorette - I don't remember any. That 's the only way we could be left at the end of the FRC wondering if she is engaged or not. There was a mention of that in the MTA thread as well. Remember that the time between the actual FRC and the airing of the FRC and ATFR will be about 2 months; that would be ample time for her to get away from the drama, ups and downs, creative dates and back into the normal day to day routine so she can clearly think if this F1 is really the man for her. She won't be caught up in the drama of the moment and make a decision she might regret.

That would fit "the twist" and the promoted "never before in bachelorette history" ending. I can't think of any of the bachelorettes who have said no I need to think about it to a proposal. I think everything else being pushed at us regarding the F3 is just to hype up the ending - is she engaged or is she not. The fact that there was no F3 guy at the MTA just adds to the hype - does he come back for another chance? Does the "bedroom problem" guy get dumped because he might be stressed out? Does the guy who says he can't commit finally have a last minute change of heart and propose? I just love TPTB, they have been brilliant in keeping our interest - will I be watching tonight to see if Reid is sent home - Yes. Will I be watching the FRC to see if he comes back - Yes. Will I be watching the FRC to see what the last 5 minutes twist is - Yes. Will I be watching the ATFR to see if Jillian accepts the proposal - Yes. That means I am committed to watching the remaining eipsodes. Viewing ratings will be up for sure. Is she engaged or is she not engaged - even at the end of the FRC we won't know until the ATFR. This would fit with all the secrecy, vagness, contradictions about Jillian's status right now.

That is a GREAT post. I think I'm 100% with ya!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Silver18;3568292;
    Good theory. It also leaves the door open for her to consider a proposal from Ed and tuurn it down afterwards in the face of all the contraversy...
    Yep this is where I stand also.

Actually, Jen Schefft told Jerry she needed to think about his proposal before turning him down at the ATFR (although we now know that she initially accepted, then changed her mind, causing them to reshoot part of the FRC to reflect the new "ending").

FORT Newbie

I think it would be great if she was dating Ed and Kyptin right now, and made her decision at the atfr just like Charlie what'shisname did. That way it would be less of a chance to made a mistake. And I am a big Ed fan - feel really bad for him but with all the undue stress and Hawaii sun, and his folks, etc all in one day - I just feel bad for him - and wouldn't mind at all if Jilly picked him in the end. Kyp is really great also, but I think Jilly is to "crazy" for him -not polished enough - and I am a proud Canadian.
    Last edited by Sparkycar; 07-14-2009 at 12:48 AM. Reason: sp

FORT Fogey

I totally agree with you. Before the airing of the show, there was talk on the boards that Jillian and her F1 were going to be dating for a while before deciding to get engaged. I believe F1 and F2 were given extra time, more than usual to "date" Jillian. From the edit and sc's I still maintain that Kip is F2 and Ed is F1. When Ed proposes, Jillian owes it to herself to date him in the real world for a bit before accepting his proposal. Ed might propose again at the AFRC or he may already have proposed and she accepted.

All the negative talk about ex girlfriend etc may be true. It sounds too much like a woman scorned (hell hath no fury like a woman scorned). maybe she knows she is more beautiful than Jillian and has been having trysts with Ed for years. To Ed it may have been a "friends with benefits" thing, but maybe she was hoping one day he will fall in love with her etc. Then he goes on the bachelor and in a short time falls in love with another woman after all the years she may have been "sleeping" with him - hoping. Possible he saw her when he went home and told her about his feelings for Jillian or she realized that was the end of their romance - that something was changed. This might bring her to hate him etc.

Reid is not coming back. 2 people have come back. Jake and Ed, 3 will be overdoing it even for bachelor standards. Too staged.
    Last edited by Living; 07-14-2009 at 08:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Living;3570187;
    I
    totally agree with you. Before the airing of the show, there was talk on the boards that Jillian and her F1 were going to date for a while. I believe F1 and F2 were given extra time more than usual to "date" Jillian. From the edit and sc's I still maintain that Kip is F2 and Ed is F1. When Ed proposes, Jillian owes it to herself to date him in the real world for a bit before accepting his proposal. Ed might propose again at the AFRC or he may already have proposed and she accepted.

All the negative talk about ex girlfriend etc may be true. It sounds too much like a woman scorned (hell hath no fury like a woman scorned). maybe she knows she is more beautiful than Jillian and has been having trysts with Ed for years. To Ed it may have been a "friends with benefits" thing, but maybe she was hoping one day he will fall in love with her etc. Then he goes on the bachelor and in a short time falls in love with another woman after all the years she may have been "sleeping" with him - hoping. Possible he saw her when he went home and told her about his feelings for Jillian or she realized that was the end of their romance - that something was changed. This migt bring her to hate him etc.

Reid is not coming back. 2 people have come back. Jake and Ed, 3 will be overdoing it even for bachelor standards. Too staged.
    Okay had to laugh with your last words..... This whole season has been too staged! the fantasy fiasco with Ed & Jillian was certainly played "up" for the cameras

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by fan*addict;3570191;
    Okay had to laugh with your last words..... This whole season has been too staged! the fantasy fiasco with Ed & Jillian was certainly played "up" for the cameras
    Yes it is staged anyway. Notice I did not say staged. It is a tv show afterall. I said TOO staged. Which makes it over the top and brings viewers out of dreamland - hoping for a romance to reall life tv programme. Which is not good for ratings.
    Last edited by Living; 07-14-2009 at 09:10 AM.