Page 86 of 186 FirstFirst ... 36767778798081828384858687888990919293949596136 ... LastLast
Results 851 to 860 of 1852

Thread: "The Twist" "The Last Five Minutes"

  1. #851
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    653

    Re: "The Twist" "The Last Five Minutes"

    Quote Originally Posted by Just LQQking;3563073;
    I think once Reid comes back to propose she will let Kip and Ed go. Everyone is making the assumption that Reid interrupts the FRC. I don't believe this is true. The quote says "the guy comes to the door". It sounds like he comes to her room. I think it happened maybe a few days before. She said she needed time to think about. I think she did think about it for a few days not a few minutes during FRC. When she says she knew she would be an engaged woman at the end of the day she knows at that point that Reid is ready to marry her.

    I also think the reason she is not allowed to say if she is engaged or picked someone is because it spoils the ending. Once Ed and Kip are gone and we know she is engaged it will become obvious about Reid.
    I agree with what your thinking. I definitely think it would a few days in advance. I wonder then if he would meet her parents if he comes back shortly after he first leaves.

  2. #852
    Isn't he cute?! nutty1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Trying to escape REALITY
    Posts
    4,620

    Re: "The Twist" "The Last Five Minutes"

    Quote Originally Posted by sgjsnow;3563442;
    I agree with what your thinking. I definitely think it would a few days in advance. I wonder then if he would meet her parents if he comes back shortly after he first leaves.
    Now that I would love to see!
    Saving one dog does not change the world, but it does change the world of that one dog.

  3. #853
    FORT Fanatic fijibeachbum's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sigh... in Ohio, far from the beach
    Posts
    454

    Re: "The Twist" "The Last Five Minutes"

    Quote Originally Posted by nutty1;3563593;
    Now that I would love to see!
    Maybe that's the brilliant part. He meets her parents, asks her father for Jillian's hand and proposes....

  4. #854
    FORT Fogey girlsmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,165

    Re: "The Twist" "The Last Five Minutes"

    Quote Originally Posted by philmickelson;3561755;
    Very well said. I'm hoping for her being happy and for the happy ending as well. That happy ending to me includes Reid!!!
    I think you made a great point philmickelson in that many feel a "happy ending" would include her ending up with Reid. That brings me back to a pivotal point: Did Jill get her guy? She could have decided that neither Ed nor Reid were the "right" guy for her and picked the uninvolved, picture perfect guy Kiptyn. The one constant in my mind is that Jill did not truly fall in love with a guy that was in love with her= no love story. I think a Kiptyn choice would hold so little drama that tptb had to INVENT the drama. The promo for this next episode shows Kiptyn encouraging her to "take the leap" with him. This works as well as anything for me.

    Honestly, I feel that anything is possible except that she'll truly marry the guy she picked.

    I know that there's a lot said about the "twist" and people coming back, etc., I think the red dress upset picture could be her realizing that "the one" was simply not there. She chose a great guy who wouldn't be hurt with all the promos post show. ??? In the end perhaps Kip is "encouraged" by the producers and handlers to step up and fake things for the show. I don't see why he wouldn't do this as long as he KNEW that Jill knew the real deal. After all he knew what he was getting into when he appeared on this non-Realiy show.

    I do think we are being led to believe that Reid is cut F3 and then is the proposer, thus I just resist believing that.

  5. #855
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    169

    Re: "The Twist" "The Last Five Minutes"

    I listened to the previews again.

    Is it possible that

    - "and then the guy who was difficult to let go comes through the door and wants to sweep me off my feet" is when Jillian lets F1/F2 go (or they reject her, or one rejects her, I dont know). At the end it looks like she's alone and then she is maybe alone in a hotel room and Reid comes through the door?

  6. #856
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    169

    Re: "The Twist" "The Last Five Minutes"

    And the part

    "he got down on one knee tp propose an I owe it to myself to take some time to thingk about this"

    is about Ed?

    Could it be that she tells her something thats not acceptable to her and she thinks no I cannot be with this guy but struggles because after telling her this "something" she decides to think about it. Thats when she sits with CH and says "I dont know what Im supposde to do".

    And after thinking about it she decides to go with her first choice, being that even though he proposed she still cannot accept him because of the "thing "he told her (whatever that might be) and sticks to her original choice, which is no, even though he proposed.

    Hope I made it clear what I mean.
    Last edited by computer; 07-12-2009 at 11:34 AM.

  7. #857
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    169

    Re: "The Twist" "The Last Five Minutes"

    The part where she says:

    "I just hope I'm making the right decision tonight/today"

    seems to be from the next episode and not from FRC. When she says that it's as if she is crying or something. I wonder if she'S talking about Reid and is not sure if she is making the right decision by sending him home?

  8. #858
    FORT Regular heatmiser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    56

    Re: "The Twist" "The Last Five Minutes"

    Quote Originally Posted by Just LQQking;3563073;
    I think once Reid comes back to propose she will let Kip and Ed go. Everyone is making the assumption that Reid interrupts the FRC. I don't believe this is true. The quote says "the guy comes to the door". It sounds like he comes to her room. I think it happened maybe a few days before. She said she needed time to think about. I think she did think about it for a few days not a few minutes during FRC. When she says she knew she would be an engaged woman at the end of the day she knows at that point that Reid is ready to marry her.

    I also think the reason she is not allowed to say if she is engaged or picked someone is because it spoils the ending. Once Ed and Kip are gone and we know she is engaged it will become obvious about Reid.

    Another closet Reid fan delurking to say I'm trying not to buy into the Reid is F3 but then comes back specualtion because I don't want to be disappointed when she picks Ed or Kip in the end, which really is the least convoluted way for it to go down based on the info that places them both on the big island. But I gotta say it's temping to throw logic out the window. And out of all the F3 becomes F1 theories I read, this one has me thinking it could be true, maybe. Jillian's been fishing with Reid all this time, casting her line and trying to get him to bite to no avail, like when he said he was technically homeless in the 1on1 bonus clip and she says he can pack his bags and come to Canada, when she tried quite a few times to get him to be more specific about his feelings in Spain, in the previews with the ordained minister helicopter driver when she says jokingly but not "lets go for it..." If ever there was a time to not avoid the giant elephant in the room, that was it. And Reid will say nice semi-comittal things or joke around and kiss her but he never really gives her the declaration that she seems to be looking for from him. There's also the emphasis on the fact that Reid isn't naturally spontaneous, isn't good at declaring his feelings, analyzes things to death, and needs a fire to be lit under him or a giant push to come to a big realization, yada yada. I can see Reid's side, because this is a forced situation. But I can also see her getting frustrated and wondering if the reason she can't get him to make the big leap of faith is that he isn't really feeling what she thought he was feeling, or what she had been feeling, and letting him go. Maybe she figures he needs to know she was serious and that she won't wait around forever, one of those if you love something set it free and see if it comes back gestures. And that might be the big shove or the fire under his butt to make him finally take his dad's (or the wise old random train guy's ) advice and risk getting his heart broken by laying it all out there for her. If Reid is going to do that, I think he'd want her to have time to take it all in before the FRC, but the show wouldn't want him to do it before Kip and Ed's final dates and have her be all confused and weird. If I had to guess, I'd say from a storyline set up perspective, the best time for Reid to pop back up and finally say the L word would be after Jill meets Ed's parents, because they need to show her happy with Ed's shocking grand gesture and the fact that he's willing to go for it, and then spring Reid's even more shocking grand gesture on her to give her something to be torn about and keep people guessing. And then it would play out like you described there.

    And now here's a thought I just had about the final 5 minutes that will never happen with the actual people involved but would totally be the ending if this was a movie: Jillian's FRC dress looks like it would make a nice wedding gown, doesn't it? Isn't that convenient. So she's standing there after a big drama with Ed and letting him go much to Ed's shock and hoping she did the right thing, and she hears a helicopter overhead. Guess who? And remember the helicopter driver? She gets on, and reveals that she picked Reid, and they fly off into the sunset. But the question is did they or didn't they... (You wouldn't cast a guy as a helicopter/minister in a romantic comedy and not have him pop up at the end, cuz you know that the audience would latch on to something like that. )

    (I started browsing this forum more and more because guys are so funny and clever and Columbo with the speculation and clues and as you say probably thinking about this more than Jillian did, and now after reading it for so long, I'm doing it too! Eep!)
    Last edited by heatmiser; 07-12-2009 at 11:37 AM. Reason: rookie mistakes

  9. #859
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    164

    Re: "The Twist" "The Last Five Minutes"

    Quote Originally Posted by computer;3563736;
    I listened to the previews again.

    Is it possible that

    - "and then the guy who was difficult to let go comes through the door and wants to sweep me off my feet" is when Jillian lets F1/F2 go (or they reject her, or one rejects her, I dont know). At the end it looks like she's alone and then she is maybe alone in a hotel room and Reid comes through the door?
    I still think she's referring to Ed. It was difficult for her to let him go when he said he had to leave and then it was him who came though the door when he returned and asked for a second chance and really, from what we've seen, since his return he has gone out of his way to "Sweep her off her fee". I think we're reading way way too much into this scenario that somebody other Ed goes awa and returns to propose. Just don't by it anymore.

  10. #860
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    164

    Re: "The Twist" "The Last Five Minutes"

    Quote Originally Posted by computer;3563738;
    And the part

    "he got down on one knee tp propose an I owe it to myself to take some time to thingk about this"

    is about Ed?

    Could it be that she tells her something thats not acceptable to her and she thinks no I cannot be with this guy but struggles because after telling her this "something" she decides to think about it. Thats when she sits with CH and says "I dont know what Im supposde to do".

    And after thinking about it she decides to go with her first choice, being that even though he proposed she still cannot accept him because of the "thing "he told her (whatever that might be) and sticks to her original choice, which is no, even though he proposed.

    Hope I made it clear what I mean.
    Jillian saying that she owes it to herself to think about it could be a VO from when Ed came back and asked for a second chance. We do not know when the events in the VO's take place so again it could all be misleading us.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.