Page 76 of 186 FirstFirst ... 26666768697071727374757677787980818283848586126176 ... LastLast

Thread: "The Twist" "The Last Five Minutes"

Re: "The Twist" "The Last Five Minutes"

Quote Originally Posted by Bijougrrl;3555189;
    The Tale of Two Eds. . .much has been written about - and I have witnessed it myself - as to how Ed seems to have "changed" since he came back. The first Ed - who I liked immensely - seemed a bit geeky, almost shy, sweet and unassuming. The new Ed appears to be a bit arrogant, full of himself and disconnected from Jillian and the show. I've been trying to figure out why we have seen such two different Eds and the only thing that makes sense to me is that it is all about the edit. Fleiss and company are intentionally editing Ed (I think the first edit is probably closer to who he really is) to look less then then appealing - a bit of a bad guy, a rogue and not that into Jillian. It is clear that so much has been cut out of their interactions that I don't think any of us have seen a full story. So I asked myself why would they do this? Only answer I could come up with was to turn the audience against Ed. And the only reason they'd want to do this would be because he does not end up with "the girl." I actually think the scenario about Reid coming back (which seems to come from a lot of sources) and proposing makes sense. He is likable - in fact we all LOVE him - and he is being presented as a great guy who loves our Jill. So why does the guy who gets - supposedly - kicked off at F3 become our favorite? Because the producers/powers that be want us to be happy in the end and they know that we'd be happy with Reid. Their is method behind their madness and this to me the only logical explanation for what we are seeing on our TV screens.
    Thanks for the theory. I can see them doing this. They made us love Jill (F3) and they have made us love Reid (F3). I wondered why I didn't like Ed on the last show, especially his laughing at Wes, and you've put it all together for me.

So when Jill says 'it was hard for me to hear the things he had to say', this must mean Ed F1 tells her the real reason he came back TPTB asked him or that he has 2 girlfriends.

But, they like to give us drama, so then they finally bring Reid back and he commits to Jill. Therefore, we are happy and Jill's comment 'you'll see I have my head on straight' makes sense.

For awhile now I've been thinking F3 Jill F3 Reid

Quote Originally Posted by Cari;3555371;
    i think someone posted before that Reid is a fan favorite here at the fort but outside the fort it's more of ed.
    At Jokers Ed is the fan favorite and at the alphabet board Reid is.
    "I need to stop talking about shoes before I get tabbed to judge some gay fashion show, or get a call from Tanner to hang out." sdl

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by TLynnMartin;3554995;
    Honestly, Reid does not seem like an idiot. If she sent him home before Kp and Ed and then ends up with him. They are both fools. Reid deserves better then that and so does Kip.
    I was thinking about that, too, in terms of Reid being F3 and then coming back and being accepted by Jilly as F1 at that point. It rubbed me the wrong way, because I think Reid is so adorable and right for her, such an absolute gem, whether she knows it or not. But then, I figured if this is the case (leaving at F3, becoming F1 when Ed and Kip don't work out), it will probably be scripted as Reid taking responsibility for being eliminated because he was afraid to commit or tell her he loves her, or whatever the heck she's trying to get out of these guys at the end. So, if he comes back and tells her what's in his heart, and admits it was his own fault he was sent home, then it won't look like Jilly is just settling for him in the end. It would look like she wanted him as F1, but it was his own hesitation that caused him to lose her, and now he's back to rectify all that. Know what I mean? It's just like the train guy and his father told him ... he had to take a risk and follow his heart if he thinks she could be the one. So finally, at the very end, he does that! And they live happily ever after (in my imagination, anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3555400;
    I was thinking about that, too, in terms of Reid being F3 and then coming back and being accepted by Jilly as F1 at that point. It rubbed me the wrong way, because I think Reid is so adorable and right for her, such an absolute gem, whether she knows it or not. But then, I figured if this is the case (leaving at F3, becoming F1 when Ed and Kip don't work out), it will probably be scripted as Reid taking responsibility for being eliminated because he was afraid to commit or tell her he loves her, or whatever the heck she's trying to get out of these guys at the end. So, if he comes back and tells her what's in his heart, and admits it was his own fault he was sent home, then it won't look like Jilly is just settling for him in the end. It would look like she wanted him as F1, but it was his own hesitation that caused him to lose her, and now he's back to rectify all that. Know what I mean? It's just like the train guy and his father told him ... he had to take a risk and follow his heart if he thinks she could be the one. So finally, at the very end, he does that! And they live happily ever after (in my imagination, anyway).

this makes a lot of sense. I'm just really curious to see how it will go down. Will she realize Kip & Ed don't want to commit to her at the FRC, then run back to Reid? Or will he magically appear after Ed & Kip leave and spill his heart out? Or will he return right after being rejected (week before FRC) and plead his case? She then tells him to return at FRC for her final decision, all F3 go to FRC, and there she dumps Ed & Kip and picks Reid in the end.

In the episode preview, narrated by Chris Harrison, she says "It was hard for me to hear the things he had to say. " Then I swear it's Ed voice saying "I didnt want to hurt her but I had to do this." Then Reid says "I can tell she's confused."
    Then Jillian - did I make a mistake? "There's nothing I can do. There's no turning back."

It certainly fits in with the theory that Reid somehow becomes F1 after Ed bails. Where does Kip fit in? I have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;3555447;
    In the episode preview, narrated by Chris Harrison, she says "It was hard for me to hear the things he had to say. " Then I swear it's Ed voice saying "I didnt want to hurt her but I had to do this." Then Reid says "I can tell she's confused."
    Then Jillian - did I make a mistake? "There's nothing I can do. There's no turning back."

It certainly fits in with the theory that Reid somehow becomes F1 after Ed bails. Where does Kip fit in? I have no idea.
    Unless that line about Ed is being thrown in there, and it was really from before he left.

Re: the bolded portion... could this be her talking before Reid comes back? Maybe she realizes that Ed and Kip aren't ready and that she passed up on Reid (left as F3) because she was afraid he wasn't ready. Tears ensue and Reid returns as the hero at the last minute after she lets Ed and Kip go while we are heartbroken as the viewers thinking she has no one. That may qualify as a very happy ending and the twist in the last 5 minutes.

After, "There's nothing I can do. There's no turning back." my mind has always inserted a "BUT", a Fleissian "BUT" if you will. Because of course nothing on this show is finite, there's always a "BUT", a twist, something that is the opposite of what the audience has been led to expect.

So I 100% expect that it's not too late to turn back. I just hope it's not too bittersweet.

Jillian could very easily have been talking about Jake's conversation with her or from when Ed left the first time. And the bolded part where Ed says he didn't want to hurt her could have come from a PI from when he left the first time. Splice and dice. Who knows where these words are coming from?

Quote Originally Posted by mamasue1966;3555548;
    After, "There's nothing I can do. There's no turning back." my mind has always inserted a "BUT", a Fleissian "BUT" if you will. Because of course nothing on this show is finite, there's always a "BUT", a twist, something that is the opposite of what the audience has been led to expect.

So I 100% expect that it's not too late to turn back. I just hope it's not too bittersweet.
    It would be Reid's karma, short end of the stick yet again, only 5 minutes here and there to talk with her shown for most of this season.