Page 6 of 186 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656106 ... LastLast

Thread: "The Twist" "The Last Five Minutes"

Re: "The Twist" "The Last Five Minutes"

Quote Originally Posted by RealityEscape;3498883;
    I might be the person you're quoting but was going a different direction when taking ALL 3 to Hawaii for more time and a 3-person ceremony. Reid sees Ed come back and figures Jillian and Ed want to be together and lays low. At the ceremony Jillian tells Ed and Kid goodbye. At this point the audience thinks she choosing no one like Brad. Then "the last five minutes" she finds Reid playing a guitar. She gives him the impression she wants to say goodbye, but then tells him he's her man. So it's funny because she teases Reid, brilliant because it's unexpected and romantic, and makes her (and Reid lovers) very happy?!

P.S. Shortly after my comment, another poster went a similar direction saying if she was writing a romance novel this is sort of what she'd do too.
    Oh yeah, I would certainly love watching that happen and I'd put a few green ones on that...for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3499052;
    I like this scenario too. And the last five minutes IS the FRC, right? When F1 finds out he's "had it in the bag" for several days now. Really romantic, and Jill doesn't have to deal with breaking F2's heart on the final day, she's already dealt with it.
    she could start by telling F1 when he arrives at FRC that he's the first one there, and him not knowing he the ONLY one there will think she's breaking up with him - that would be so mean though! And still not really suspenseful to the viewer. I keep thinking about how she wants to make sure the guy likes her in real life, how when she got home she realized her & Jason weren't a fit, etc. So maybe after she breaks up with F2 on the LCD, her & F1 spend a 5-6 days apart, she wants him to search his soul, etc, and if he really thinks he wants to be with her after that, meet her at FRC? ANd so it's suspense until he shows up??

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3498728;
    She said she knew what her decision had to be a week before the FRC. If she chose an F1, that would be a slap in the face to the F2, dragging him through LCD and whatever else happens that last week, knowing she wasn't going to choose him. And to admit it now is pouring salt in that wound. Not Jilly's style.

I think she decided to see both the F2 (or F3 - they all surfaced back in the real world at the same time) while the show airs, and will make a final decision live at the ATFR. She needed more time to see each one (secretly of course) without the pressure of cameras 24/7.

So, she makes the right decision the first time, no switcheroos. It explains the extra time needed in Hawaii - she was struggling with "how can I choose an F1?" And it explains why now she is happy, happy, happy. She is still having her cake and eating it too!
    and the timing of Reid and Kip coming home to me meant f1/f2

Quote Originally Posted by chopstickchick;3498885;
    she said some previous people in her position truly fell in love with 2 people, but she didn't she knew almost a week before what she was going to do. I really think after F2 meet her parents and the decision is solidified, she breaks up with F2 on the LCD to avoid dragging it out further and having him all nervous for the FRC. But the F1 won't know this happened and it will be a very romantic ending. I just don't get what the last 5 minutes and suspense until then could be!?
    I think the surprise/suspense will be for the viewers - not neccessarily the F1. The first out of the limo is always (except for one time) the F2. If they build the F1's storyline so that everyone think she's picking him and then he gets out of the limo first, that would be suspenseful. Just hoping its Reid!!

Also, I highly doubt that they would leave Ed out of all of the episodes until the end - that would cause quite a backlash!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by chopstickchick;3499091;
    she could start by telling F1 when he arrives at FRC that he's the first one there, and him not knowing he the ONLY one there will think she's breaking up with him - that would be so mean though! And still not really suspenseful to the viewer. I keep thinking about how she wants to make sure the guy likes her in real life, how when she got home she realized her & Jason weren't a fit, etc. So maybe after she breaks up with F2 on the LCD, her & F1 spend a 5-6 days apart, she wants him to search his soul, etc, and if he really thinks he wants to be with her after that, meet her at FRC? ANd so it's suspense until he shows up??
    My only caveat to this whole scenario is please, please, please, no engagement at the FRC. I know the romance junkies don't like that idea, but I think and hope that Jillian is enough of a realist to give it at least the ATFR, after some time has been invested focussing solely on each other. They really need the real world after the ATFR to know anything for sure.

I'll bet she chooses later at the live ATFR too.

Since she never actually said she knew who or which guy she wanted, she only said she knew which choice she would make a few days before the FRC.

I get the vibe from her other interview comments also that she's not with ONE person yet either!

Quote Originally Posted by nennie;3499002;
    I agree and this season I really don't have a dog in the hunt. I am okay with her choice....she has to live with them not me.
    Exactly! I dont have what Id call a favorite, so I would be alright with whoever Jillian chooses.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

HTD is the deal breaker and decision time. The issue I have for Ed is that Jilli does not get a chance to meet his parents, family and where he lives.

If Ed is her F1, the only choice at the end is to fly Ed's parents into Hawaii.

I'm actually a Reid fan.

If Reid is her F1, the last 5 mins will be her telling Reid of their story of Mr. Invisible and connecting all the dots of their journey.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;3498781;
    It has been said on here that Jill said something happens in the last 5 minutes of the show that makes it have a brilliant ending.

My theory is, Ed leaves Monday night and noone (not even the viewers) know he came back until the end. At the FRC, she lets her F2 guys (Reid/Kip) go and out pops Ed as her F1 and everybody will be shocked like "where did he come from, I thought he left?"

I know, I saw that photo of Jill and Ed in Hawaii that was supposedly taken by a freelance photographer. He probably was hired by MF to take the photo and plant it in the press so we'll be waiting and waiting and waiting for Ed's return which doesn't come until the end ("the last 5 minutes") at the FRC which gives Jill her brilliant ending as she has said. TPTB will have to use clips or something to keep Ed in our thoughts until the end if this happened. Most viewers are not faithful fans like us. They miss episodes or just peep in to see who goes home, etc. This theory is just something to chew on.
    I have to say, what you are saying makes total sense even though I personally don't want it to happen.

The only thing is, how would she know about this a week before?

If Ed pops back into the picture in the last 5 mins (boat photo), where is the suspense? Let's just say that MF did plant the photo. Isnt this what he did last season with Melissa's DCC ring?

There is no suspense or drama. The Ed boat photo seems too staged for me at this point.