Page 50 of 186 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657585960100150 ... LastLast

Thread: "The Twist" "The Last Five Minutes"

FORT Fogey

Re: "The Twist" "The Last Five Minutes"

My current theory: Ed and Kip are F1 and F2, with her thinking she's choosing Ed until the surprise proposal, which is from Reid, makes her uncertain. She tells her parents, who are still on the Big Island, about the surprise proposal and that she is no longer sure of F1 and isn't going to pick anyone.

While she and Ed and Kip are getting ready for the FRC, Reid goes to meet her parents. During the last five minutes, while she's crying and asking herself if she made a mistake saying no to both, Reid and her parents walk in together. She chooses Reid.

I think the bottom line is she is going to choose whoever she thinks is the most in love with her. She has been like a broken record on that, to the point of insecurity. Ed left once before. If Reid comes back to propose, taking his father's advice to risk it all, she may decide he's the guy that she knows will be there for her. Steady Eddie (only it's Steady Reid.)

I'll probably have a new theory tomorrow, but that's my thought tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by ZG_Champion;3539191;
    My current theory: Ed and Kip are F1 and F2, with her thinking she's choosing Ed until the surprise proposal, which is from Reid, makes her uncertain. She tells her parents, who are still on the Big Island, about the surprise proposal and that she is no longer sure of F1 and isn't going to pick anyone.

While she and Ed and Kip are getting ready for the FRC, Reid goes to meet her parents. During the last five minutes, while she's crying and asking herself if she made a mistake saying no to both, Reid and her parents walk in together. She chooses Reid.

I think the bottom line is she is going to choose whoever she thinks is the most in love with her. She has been like a broken record on that, to the point of insecurity. Ed left once before. If Reid comes back to propose, taking his father's advice to risk it all, she may decide he's the guy that she knows will be there for her. Steady Eddie (only it's Steady Reid.)

I'll probably have a new theory tomorrow, but that's my thought tonight.
    I thought something similar as well, but then someone pointed out to me that that doesn't fit with her comment that she "knew what her decision was" a few days before. Without more sc / info, I fear we won't know...!
    I'll take Reid if Jillian doesn't want him

FORT Fan

so what can we think of the last five minutes now with the new info from sdl? that there is no love story...? why would jillian state that the ending is brilliant if there is no love story? UGHHH.

Quote Originally Posted by maybeme;3539215;
    I thought something similar as well, but then someone pointed out to me that that doesn't fit with her comment that she "knew what her decision was" a few days before. Without more sc / info, I fear we won't know...!
    Well, as contrived as this whole season has been so far, we could assume that her decision was Reid, but Fleiss & Co came up with this completely hokey plot scheme to charm the masses. Going on last season, anything is possible.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by maybeme;3539215;
    Could have been her decision was to let both F2 go, or date in the real world.

To love and be loved is.. goldie2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by restlessheart;3539233;
    so what can we think of the last five minutes now with the new info from sdl? that there is no love story...? why would jillian state that the ending is brilliant if there is no love story? UGHHH.
    Just because someone has info doesn't mean they have ALL the info or the full story.Many posters get bits and pieces ,some true and accurate..other facts not so much.
    I don't think any poster can say with 100% reliablity that they know what has happened here or what will happen next.Lots of specualtion always.
    I think everyone should wait and see how it all plays out .

Jilly seems pretty sensible.
    I think she will pick someone and it will be a " Really,really like story...she what happens in the "real world" Story.
    Not as romantic,but more realistic..

No love story....

Ed was a hired plant, paid to leave, come back (and maybe leave comeback again) to be F1.

OR Reid was the last man standing, not well liked by the crew, but was the best choice for after-show media rounds (availability and humor).

PS. I leave out Kip because if there was no love story then he needs to be the next Bach

Quote Originally Posted by goldie2;3539291;
    Jilly seems pretty sensible.
    I think she will pick someone and it will be a " Really,really like story...she what happens in the "real world" Story.
    Not as romantic,but more realistic..
    I've said for a while that there are far too many tears in the previews to make me think that 5 minutes of ANYTHING will reverse that. Perhaps some of her tears were the result of having to do Fleiss's bidding--in having to jump that shark. If she wasn't really that "into" any of the guys (in any kind of sustaining way), then maybe she realized it was more "sensible" not to fight the contract. Maybe I need to resurrect my JAWS avatar from last season.

FORT Regular

I've been thinking for a while that neither her F1 or F2 is ready to propose, that's why they bring back F3 with a proposal. Thus the "there was no love story". It would tie to her saying "I thought I would be an engaged woman by the end of the day".

Maybe the F1 just want to date in the real world. She is crushed because she expected a proposal, that's why we don't know if she chose someone or not. She thinks about it, and in the last 5 minutes, she agrees to date her chosen F1 in the real world.
    Last edited by quebecoise; 07-02-2009 at 10:58 AM.

Not only that but why would her friends think she returned happier and funnier than they had ever seen her if the season was such as disaster!!!! Sorry, I don't buy real estate I haven't seen!!!!!!