Page 42 of 186 FirstFirst ... 32333435363738394041424344454647484950515292142 ... LastLast

Thread: "The Twist" "The Last Five Minutes"

Re: "The Twist" "The Last Five Minutes"

Quote Originally Posted by yippee;3529438;
    Here's a scenario. The comeback proposer guy creates a lot of confusion for Jillian on the day of the FRC. So much so that Jillian feels that she can't make a choice and 'owes it to him' to really do some thinking about it. She decides not to go through with the FRC but to take some time to really ponder her choice. Perhaps she even requests to date the final 3 men (assuming the F3 is the comeback proposer) up until the time of the ATFR, then, at the ATFR, Jillian reveals her chosen one live.
    Unless Jillian is misleading us in interviews, she pretty much says she picked someone. In the TV Guide interview, she is asked when we would see something special of the one she picked (or something like that) she answered it would be in a few episodes (she could have said..I'm not going to say that there is someone special). She also said something about picking someone on the Chicago radio interview & tried to backtrack..but they called her out on it & she quickly changed the subject.

I think "the twist" is exaggerated, for added drama & to have viewers tune in!
    Saving one dog does not change the world, but it does change the world of that one dog.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3531462;
    If she had rejected both f3 and f2 before the f1 gets there what could the twist about, it's all so confusing, the twisting sounds more like spinning.
    Well, they always reject F2 before F1 gets there. Here, I think Jillian has said it's the suspense as to whether she picks anyone. I think the audience is led to believe she's going to reject F1 when he shows up after F2 is sent home (her crisis after the surprise proposal) and a twist happens that makes her end up engaged/committed to him. (So the twist is not about who is F1 but whether she and he go off into the sunset together.) Just my current thinking. I think there is a good deal of spinning going on.

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3531462;
    If she had rejected both f3 and f2 before the f1 gets there what could the twist about, it's all so confusing, the twisting sounds more like spinning.
    That's what I think..they make it look like she is having 2nd thoughts, when she really has her mind made up..they have to do something to get people to keep watching every week.

Quote Originally Posted by ZG_Champion;3531495;
    Well, they always reject F2 before F1 gets there. Here, I think Jillian has said it's the suspense as to whether she picks anyone. I think the audience is led to believe she's going to reject F1 when he shows up after F2 is sent home (her crisis after the surprise proposal) and a twist happens that makes her end up engaged/committed to him. (So the twist is not about who is F1 but whether she and he go off into the sunset together.) Just my current thinking. I think there is a good deal of spinning going on.
    Perhaps they reverse the order. We actually see F1 step out of the limo first and then F2 comes later and is rejected?

But, I would never consider that funny, and that was unintentionally done already with one of the Bachelor shows, Jesse (the footballer) I think - his F2 got sick and they had to take the F1 first until the other girl recovered.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Tara from OK - that took me forever to remember her name.

I can't imagine what could happen in the last 5 minutes that we would think is funny. Funny haha or funny -strange? Does the final guy refuse to get out of the limo because he is so nervous? Does he tell the driver to drive him to the airport because he isn't ready for this? But, show up anyway......
    Last edited by pajamasam; 06-29-2009 at 03:58 PM.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3532285;
    Tara from OK - that took me forever to remember her name.

I can't imagine what could happen in the last 5 minutes that we would think is funny. Funny haha or funny -strange? Does the final guy refuse to get out of the limo because he is so nervous? Does he tell the driver to drive him to the airport because he isn't ready for this? But, show up anyway......
    I don't think she meant funny as in "ha ha" laugh. I think she meant more that it's an odd/ out of the ordinary ending

Quote Originally Posted by chopstickchick;3532309;
    I don't think she meant funny as in "ha ha" laugh. I think she meant more that it's an odd/ out of the ordinary ending
    Well, it would be funny if the F1 got cold feet and decided the suspense was to much and told the driver to take him home. (just kidding)
    Christopher Reeve

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3532325;
    Well, it would be funny if the F1 got cold feet and decided the suspense was to much and told the driver to take him home. (just kidding)

That's never been done before, so what the heck, it could provide some comedic relief amidst all the drama. They have had f2 barfing on the roadside, this wouldn't be as bad as that. As long as the f2 guys don't have a medical emergency bec' of the stress going into the finale, things should be okay. We get that dramatic music to stretch things out, imagine how long it must have taken them to film the finale and btw, you think they do retakes for the FRC?.

I'm still curious what the twist "in the last five minutes" really means. Does the twist happen earlier and resolved five minutes before the show ends?

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3532347;
    That's never been done before, so what the heck, it could provide some comedic relief amidst all the drama. They have had f2 barfing on the roadside, this wouldn't be as bad as that. As long as the f2 guys don't have a medical emergency bec' of the stress going into the finale, things should be okay. We get that dramatic music to stretch things out, imagine how long it must have taken them to film the finale and btw, you think they do retakes for the FRC?.

I'm still curious what the twist "in the last five minutes" really means. Does the twist happen earlier and resolved five minutes before the show ends?
    You know, I am starting to think the twist is something along the lines of what I suggested - and the only guy I can think of that would make something like that funny for us to watch is Reid.

Last 5 minutes means she has it down to the final guy, but that something happens before she can let him know that........ I don't know
    Christopher Reeve