Page 23 of 186 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323373123 ... LastLast

Thread: "The Twist" "The Last Five Minutes"

FORT Newbie

Re: "The Twist" "The Last Five Minutes"

Hi there, I rarely ever post anything--but I LOVE reading all of your analysis!

Anyway, a thought just came to mind about the twist at the end. Remember when Reid is talking about having failed someone? What if the twist has to do with that statement? Maybe something like he was F1 and he chickened out or something...then he came back and proposed to her?

That statement just stuck out to me like a sore thumb. I thought maybe it had to do with his initial reaction to something. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by BachelorBabe;3512071;

Anyway, a thought just came to mind about the twist at the end. Remember when Reid is talking about having failed someone? What if the twist has to do with that statement? Maybe something like he was F1 and he chickened out or something...then he came back and proposed to her?

That statement just stuck out to me like a sore thumb. I thought maybe it had to do with his initial reaction to something. Just a thought.
    Oh, good thought! Maybe he didn't think she'd want to be proposed to, but she did, so he feels like he failed her, but then shows up later with a ring?

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by chopstickchick;3512074;
    Oh, good thought! Maybe he didn't think she'd want to be proposed to, but she did, so he feels like he failed her, but then shows up later with a ring?

Yeah, that's along the lines of what I was thinking. I just thought that line stood out to me, and I figured the editors were probably twisting up the meaning like they always do. I just highly suspect a big BUT at the end of it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by just logic;3509460;
    I think she actually said both. I'm positive she said she knew a week ahead of time what she was going to do in the end because there were comments about how nice it was not to have to hear on the morning of the FRC the "I'm in love with 2..." statement.
    She did say she knew a week earlier what she needed to do. She also said earlier on she thought one of f3 was going to be the one but something happens midway that changes things. She adds on that something happens again closer to the end and again IN the end. The middle and closer to end points to Ed's leaving and coming back on the show. What the "IN the end" is the question.

Also wondering if the romance missing piece would be Kip bec' she thought they had great chemistry that didn't translate into romance, maybe?

Right now there is enough supportive evidence to point to any of f3. In Reid's case the upcoming 1-1 will clarify some more. The other two have had 1-1 dates.
    Last edited by seeker; 06-19-2009 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3512091;
    She did say she knew a week earlier what she needed to do. She also said earlier on she thought one of f3 was going to be the one but something happens midway that changes things. She adds on that something happens again closer to the end and again IN the end. The middle and closer to end points to Ed's leaving and coming back on the show. What the "IN the end" is the question.

Also wondering if the romance missing piece would be Kip bec' she thought they had great chemistry that didn't translate into romance, maybe?

Right now there is enough supportive evidence to point to any of f3. In Reid's case the upcoming 1-1 will clarify some more. The other two have had 1-1 dates.
    If Ed going & coming back are the first 2 happenings, then the IN the end will have to be a humdinger thing or it will be almost anticlimactic, don't ya think? Or by that time, will it really not matter?
    "When The Legend Becomes Fact, Print The Legend" (From: The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance)

Nicely Done!

Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Sunset;3512114;
    If Ed going & coming back are the first 2 happenings, then the IN the end will have to be a humdinger thing or it will be almost anticlimactic, don't ya think? Or by that time, will it really not matter?
    In the end...could be Ed's family coming to Hawaii!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet;3510438;
    I don't think they give a darn if we like the end or not. They're going for drama, shock & possible even outrage. There's a saying something like "There's no such thing as bad publicity". They've discovered this.

Those seasons you mentioned are perfect examples. The viewers got mad & hated the bachelors. This gave the show loads & loads of coverage & free publicity. Way more than the "Happy Ending" versions.

TPTB don't want to make us happy. They want to be talked about.

Quote:"please don't hate me I am still the same Jill" which leads me to believe it is someone that we are not going to be happy with.Quote

It leads me to think that she picks no one, she pulls a Jen . I think she gets to the end, says to the Final 1, or maybe 2 of them, that she isn't ready & wants to wait & date in the real world, especially with the whole Ed returning situation. At the ATFR she reveals it didn't work, but she "followed her heart"

This would explain the "don't hate me" and the fact that in her interviews lately she keeps saying she's "happy" & "happy with her decision" but hasn't yet said a word about being in love, or that she found someone on the show.

Brad kept saying he was "happy" & "happy with his decision" too. In fact, her interviews remind me very much of his. Extremely non-commital about the outcome. Too non-commital.

This would also explain the way the show seems to be starting to throw her under the bus lately:
    The obvious drunkeness
    The obvious, & even a little cheap, way she is throwing herself at & acting a little desperate with Kiptyn.
    The whole staged "failure to perform" preview (complete with her crying to Chris wrapped in what looks like a bedsheet)
    The whole stupidity regarding Wes

Exactly! She sound just like Brad, that's why I am sticking with " she chooses no one". She said in one of the interviews that all decisions are made, so I don't think there will be a I will give you a answer later (ATFR). That's why I think they are focusing on drama even up to the FD. That's why we're not seeing a love story, the closest one is being smothered by a bunch stupid drama. Everything to me leads to "no one". Okay I'm not saying this to offend any of the diehard Reid fans, but I was looking at next week preview clip, she is not feeling Reid, sitting on the bench, she is avoiding kissing him, that's why she hugs, she turns her head or does something the change the subject. Wouldn't you want him to be with someone that really cares for him.

FORT Regular

She did say she knew a week earlier what she needed to do. She also said earlier on she thought one of f3 was going to be the one but something happens midway that changes things.

Where did she say this?

Quote Originally Posted by BachelorBabe;3512071;

I like that, BachelorBabe. To push it even further, the "twist" for Jillian could be that the episode has her believing it will end in a promise to date in the real world, but she gets a proposal.

LOL-ing at myself. Every day I tell myself to stop thinking what MIGHT happen, and just stick to what I know. Never have had much willpower.

ETA: ah, chopstickchick. You beat me to it! LOL!
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

FORT Fanatic

I don't know if any of this is verified... we may need to start a new thread on just her interviews and get all of the "spoiler" lines documented word-for-word.

However, you definitely hit on some potential scenarios... the only thing I don't agree with concerns Kiptyn. We've seen how comfortable he is being "intimate" with Jillian based on just the kissing. His possible departure may have more to do with communication trouble or possible lack of commitment. If they can get over all of the "do you like me?" stuff... he has potential for a long term relationship with her. In short, the "romance" problem is more likely to be with the other two.

I agree: Ed is the "something midway" and "closer to the end" something.

Concerning the "romance not there" speech (and this looks suspiciously like a post-F3 dump speech): it could relate to Ed, if he's too focused on other things. For me, there are two ways of looking at his 1 on 1 scenes with her: 1.) either he's not as attracted to her as she is with him (a reverse of Jake's situation: he's REALLY attracted to her, but she's not sure how to dump him) OR 2.) he is very nervous with the cameras (a thing I've noticed with Reid as well) and is showing a stronger connection in scenes we don't see. (There's no question, he'll make an excellent husband... and certainly a faithful and committed one, but I can't ignore that "something" is still off in this relationship.) However, after he returns, he may "step up" the competition and open up more emotionally with her. We may see a different Ed that will remove doubts some of us have of him.

The "need more time" scenario fits him quite well. A possible "closer to the end" or "in the end" something may be his parents coming to Hawaii to confirm more information she needs in her all-too-soon decision.

I do NOT think the "physical intimacy" issue that Chris Harrison speaks of relates to him... they appeared comfortable in the pool with the cameras. Who knows?

With "I don't kiss and tell" Reid, the Chris Harrison speech has VERY strong possibilities, on account of his shyness, and I don't think everything in Monday's "exploitation preview" was completely made up. There have been a lot of clues that suggest he is very comfortable with her at the beginning of scenes, but when the cameras close in on them, he often buries his face into her. I'm betting he will get "frozen feet" come Fantasy Suite time and she'll be more upset about it than usual, because I'm pretty convinced (based on the clip in TV Grapevine's preview) he's the one she wants the most. The delay in 1 on 1's may have purposely been delayed for his comfort level and what may be needed is time away from the crew and "publicness" of the situation. Of course, she will wonder if he'll just leave like Ed did... she already mentioned this BIG fear of hers... simply because he's uncomfortable with the televised setup.

I am beginning to see Reid playing the strongest role in the "in the end" story.