Page 185 of 186 FirstFirst ... 85135175176177178179180181182183184185186 LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,850 of 1852

Thread: "The Twist" "The Last Five Minutes"

FORT Newbie

Re: "The Twist" "The Last Five Minutes"

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3617175;
    The awkward restaurant behavior in Spain on Ed's part is something I noticed too and cringed when I resaw it in the clips. It's just rude and both of them were so weird about it. When Ed realized he should pull Jill's chair out, she actually thought he was going to take her seat and started to go over to the other one.

Always a just lurking. First reply. I hope I am not repeating something that has been said (forgive me). I went back to watch this scene. It is awkward. As I was watching more of this scene when Ed asked Jillian if she could move to Chicago when Jillian answers she stumbles over the words about Ed leaving. She starts to say when you decided to leave and then she changes her wording and Ed puts his hand over his mouth to try not to smile. To me proof that Ed's going home for work was scripted.

I also want to thank you all for the work you do on here. You are amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by spencers;3617612;
    Always a just lurking. First reply. I hope I am not repeating something that has been said (forgive me). I went back to watch this scene. It is awkward. As I was watching more of this scene when Ed asked Jillian if she could move to Chicago when Jillian answers she stumbles over the words about Ed leaving. She starts to say when you decided to leave and then she changes her wording and Ed puts his hand over his mouth to try not to smile. To me proof that Ed's going home for work was scripted.

I also want to thank you all for the work you do on here. You are amazing!

Mostly, I don't believe a single word that has come out of Ed's mouth including "I want to attack the smokin hot chick" since we know he "couldn't."
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by lovemygirls;3617472;
    Ditto.
    OK, I just rewatched it and it's even funnier now than it was back then.

Listen, I don't fault Ed for what happened and it's clear to me what he was doing but why did she think he was taking that seat???

Quote Originally Posted by JennK;3617589;
    It is the shows fault if we are angry-and Jillians really---if they showed a love story between her and Ed we would be all for it. They showed us one with Reid. So we feel like she is making a mistake by what we saw.
    and for the person who said ed has fem. characteristics-I saw that aw well-very much so but perhaps she likes that??? who knows-I just know Reid is a great catch for someone!
    Yes in the end it will be the show's "Edit" that threw her & Ed under the bus if he was her chosen one. It only took the one scene they so relished in playing of the fantasy suite malfunciton in Hawaii to re-inforce everyone's opinion. Jillian herself is seen saying the love was there but the oh I want to put my hands all over you feeling (desire) was not and it confused her and either it was there is no physical attraction or the pressure of the situation and she didn't know if she could trust that it would be better when the pressure was off!!!!! Why show all that to viewers :nono they could have just left the room after the aloe vera and left it to imagination!!!!!!

FORT Newbie

Am I being completely naive/gullible to still have some tid-bit of hope that we all may be wrong in believing Jillian picks Ed in the end???

Spoilers or not....I am still riding the fence thinking ABC may have us all fooled. After last season with all the last minute drama....I wouldn't be that surprised if Jillian does pick Reid during those last 5 minutes.

Of course this is my dream-ending scenario (I'm totally biased and rooting for Reid....I mean come on! They are the only authentic/real looking couple on the show) but I am having a hard time accepting all the spoiler stuff out there.

Call me a skeptic, but I will be watching tonight just waiting to see what curve balls ABC throws in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3617175;
    The awkward restaurant behavior in Spain on Ed's part is something I noticed too and cringed when I resaw it in the clips. It's just rude and both of them were so weird about it. When Ed realized he should pull Jill's chair out, she actually thought he was going to take her seat and started to go over to the other one.
    That’s just ONE of the many things I noticed about Ed that made me go: WHAT THE….? DOES HE REALLY LIKE HER????

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by cantbelieveicar;3617203;
    Oh my gosh! I saw this scene completely differently and I was not picking a favorite, by the way... I thought it looked like Ed was going to pull out the chair for her, but then she went around the table, so he went over there and pulled out her chair for her. I didn't think it looked like he was going to sit down at all. It looked like she didn't want to sit in that chair... That is my observation. I actually thought it was pretty funny at the time.
    That's what I saw as well, and I also noticed that Reid didn't take the basket from Jillian when they went shopping until later in the filming.....

FORT Regular

I noticed the Reid basket issue too, but then he was holding it a little later when they went into the store. That was his one slip-up of the season, but he was such a doll when they were in the "carneceria" that I would forgive him anything! Ed just had boorish behavior on a number of instances, and I never saw him making the slightest effort to protect Jillian's reputation or character. All he wanted to do was jump off of the side of things into various bodies of water holding her hand. Lots of that water jumping available in Chicago.

Quote Originally Posted by figuresitout;3617890;
    I noticed the Reid basket issue too, but then he was holding it a little later when they went into the store. That was his one slip-up of the season, but he was such a doll when they were in the "carneceria" that I would forgive him anything! Ed just had boorish behavior on a number of instances, and I never saw him making the slightest effort to protect Jillian's reputation or character. All he wanted to do was jump off of the side of things into various bodies of water holding her hand. Lots of that water jumping available in Chicago.
    I noticed the Reid and basket thing immediately and he did not win any point for me. Two seconds later he was the one holding it and all was right in my B'ette world.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

FORT Regular

I agree with the poster who said that Jillian badly miscalculated that we were all pulling for HER to have a happy ending. I think that paradigm shifted somewhere in the middle of the show to where now we do not want people to get hurt by her. There seems to be a great deal of public sentiment that feels that good guys like Michael and Jesse were hurt by Wes and by Ed's return in the middle, and now Reid and Kip are going to be hurt by Ed's return in the end. At this point, Jillian is not the heroine of the story; she is merely a facilitator of the action, and the true hero in classical terms is Reid or, to a lesser extent, Kiptyn since he seems to have fewer vocal adherents. It is almost as if Ed has become either Shakespeare's fool (the farting Jenga video) or the story's antagonist or villian rather than any kind of hero. Chris is really more a prop than he is an actor in any drama. This play's going to get bad reviews tomorrow!