Page 182 of 186 FirstFirst ... 82132172173174175176177178179180181182183184185186 LastLast
Results 1,811 to 1,820 of 1852

Thread: "The Twist" "The Last Five Minutes"

Re: "The Twist" "The Last Five Minutes"

Quote Originally Posted by Starshine_16;3617079;
    I am not angry,just disappointed.I saw a love story with Reid and really didn't see anything other than lust between Jilly and Ed.
    So true! Until tonight, y'all!!!!!

FORT Newbie

Here's what I think for the final five minues. Ed has arranged for a helicopter to take them someplace else, where he proposes, and they repel off someplace very high as in their first date, and thus the "leap of faith" Jill takes. Case solved, brilliant ending and everything has come full circle.

Quote Originally Posted by bachfan58;3617138;
    Here's what I think for the final five minues. Ed has arranged for a helicopter to take them someplace else, where he proposes, and they repel off someplace very high as in their first date, and thus the "leap of faith" Jill takes. Case solved, brilliant ending and everything has come full circle.
    If it's something along these lines, I can understand why Jill would consider it to be brilliant, but they really did her a disservice by presenting Ed (or maybe he presented himself) in such a way that most viewers are not that enthusiastic about him by now. For that scenario to "work", Ed needs to be the hero of the story, and for most he is not. The result is that "brilliant" turns into "cheesy" and "uneventful".

Quote Originally Posted by carolb57;3617020;
    Okay, so is it really a done deal that Ed is the "winner?" If so, what is the big "twist" in the last five minutes?
    That is what gets me as well. There is no twist if the guy (Ed) who was going to be her final one ends up as her final one!!!!! :nono Just my opinion but maybe the spoilers are not true this time, there have been instances in the past where this has turned out to be the case. Also can anyone explain why in some of her interviews it was stated that one guy was in the lead then the next week it was someone else. How if it was Ed from their first date forward does this statment of hers make any sense at all?????

FORT Regular

Ditto on the comment about seeing lust and not love with Jillian and Ed. His comment was very telling when she was changing into her seduction costume on the FD and he said, "why's a hot girl like that interested in me?" A far cry from Reid's gentlemanly, "I don't kiss and tell." Also, Reid putting her napkin in her lap in Spain was a far cry from Ed walking into the restaurant and being just about ready to sit down himself and then realizing he had to walk around and pull out Jillian's chair. The two men are not even in the same league.

ms_kreddy

Quote Originally Posted by Luvstruck;3617168;
    That is what gets me as well. There is no twist if the guy (Ed) who was going to be her final one ends up as her final one!!!!! :nono Just my opinion but maybe the spoilers are not true this time, there have been instances in the past where this has turned out to be the case. Also can anyone explain why in some of her interviews it was stated that one guy was in the lead then the next week it was someone else. How if it was Ed from their first date forward does this statment of hers make any sense at all?????
    I think the twist is all about Reid returning and putting a temporary wrench into the FRC. I don't like how it was referred to as "funny" though.

Quote Originally Posted by figuresitout;3617171;
    Ditto on the comment about seeing lust and not love with Jillian and Ed. His comment was very telling when she was changing into her seduction costume on the FD and he said, "why's a hot girl like that interested in me?" A far cry from Reid's gentlemanly, "I don't kiss and tell." Also, Reid putting her napkin in her lap in Spain was a far cry from Ed walking into the restaurant and being just about ready to sit down himself and then realizing he had to walk around and pull out Jillian's chair. The two men are not even in the same league.
    The awkward restaurant behavior in Spain on Ed's part is something I noticed too and cringed when I resaw it in the clips. It's just rude and both of them were so weird about it. When Ed realized he should pull Jill's chair out, she actually thought he was going to take her seat and started to go over to the other one.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by figuresitout;3617171;
    Not at all. I think Jillian knew this as well. Wasn't there talks on here where she kinda picked up that several of the guys weren't really into her? It speaks volumes that Jillian kept saying she wasn't sure if she was good enough for Kip. I don't think she really knows what to do with a classy guy IRW.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3617167;
    If it's something along these lines, I can understand why Jill would consider it to be brilliant, but they really did her a disservice by presenting Ed (or maybe he presented himself) in such a way that most viewers are not that enthusiastic about him by now. For that scenario to "work", Ed needs to be the hero of the story, and for most he is not. The result is that "brilliant" turns into "cheesy" and "uneventful".
    I have to disagree with the bolded part. I think the average viewer that has no "insider information"....true or false....really likes Ed. I for one like him, even after all of the stuff I have "heard" on this board. I also liked Reid and Kip.....but I can see how this bachelorette will come off looking like a success.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3617175;
    The awkward restaurant behavior in Spain on Ed's part is something I noticed too and cringed when I resaw it in the clips. It's just rude and both of them were so weird about it. When Ed realized he should pull Jill's chair out, she actually thought he was going to take her seat and started to go over to the other one.
    Which date was this, I must watch it. How is it that a man over 21 doesn't know he's supposed to pull out a woman's chair (especially on tv)?