Thread: "The Twist" "The Last Five Minutes"

ms_kreddy

Re: "The Twist" "The Last Five Minutes"

Quote Originally Posted by Jasmine305;3611833;
    Just a theory of mine that there could be more to come and the ATFR crowd only saw what Fleiss wanted them to see and Reid truly does end up as F1 in a unique way, of course I could be out to lunch with this but my gut tells me that there is more to this.
    Occam's Razor: the simplest explanation is usually the right one. Believe me I fought it and fought in believing all that secret ILY's stuff at the bench with Reid, but if I were to look at this season with a historic perspective on how this show is usually edited, it would have been clear that Ed was F1.

I also convinced myself and posted that her letting Reid go at F3 means she loved him most, all the defensiveness we saw in her recent interviews and cold answers about Reid were a super-secret shoutout that she picked Reid. I'm not saying we were wrong about what we saw with Jillian and Reid, but if you go with the historic editing of the show where F2 is the sexual chemistry edit, and F3 is best friend edit and F1 features prominently at the beginning of the show, then all signs pointed to Ed. I just chose not to believe them. I wish I had and that way I wouldn't be so disappointed today. Someone on another thread summarized the F1/F2/F3 edits historically they were absolutely bang on this season as well. The simplest answer is usually the correct one.

I think we got suckered in by the realness of both Reid and Kip, who were a pleasant departure from the norm on this show.

This would be a nice twist.......

Jillian is asleep in Hawaii. She sits bolt upright and says, "OMG....look at the time. I slept right through the FRC. Although I dreamt that I accepted Brilliant diamonds from both Ed and Kip."

The camera pans out and Reid, lying there next to her says, " Oh Honey that's just a bad dream. You've already missed the FRC, lets just go for a helicopter ride." (My apologies to Bob Newhart.)

THE END
    Last edited by blasie; 07-25-2009 at 01:41 PM.

Don't drink the KoolAid

Commit random acts of kindness!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by blasie;3612021;

Jillian is asleep in Hawaii. She sits bolt upright and says, "OMG....look at the time. I slept right through the FRC. Although I dreamt that I accepted Brilliant diamonds from both Ed and Kip."

The camera pans out and Reid, lying there next to her says, " Oh Honey that's just a bad dream. You've already missed the FRC, lets just go for a helicopter ride." (My apologies to Bob Newhart.)

THE END
    I think Fleiss's "twist" sounds more "twisted" than that. They have been hyping this season more than usual. They want the ratings in the finale. At this point I don't see anything that could be "brilliant". The Ed/Jillian story line has been "crass" all along for it to suddenly turn directions in the finale.

Strange how they were promoting and not releasing any SCs throughout the season. If this was a girl meets boy, boy bolts, comes back, girl chooses boy (sounds like a waste of time) why not show the real romance? Why all the drama and crass insinuations with the f1 smack in the middle of it all. sdl's sources may have said it right. They hyped the show, obviously there was "no love connection" after all.

After investing two months filming this show, Jillian may still leave empty- handed in the end once they are done with the media rounds and they have fulfilled their obligations. How sad!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by jmomof3;3611844;
    Yeah - it doesn't live up to what CH said about being the greatest season ever. I really can't figure out what Ed could do to make it brilliant. There is stuff missing or CH was just leading us on. But what good did that do in the end for ratings?
    He manages to get the Nitty Gritty Dirt band to sing "Fishing in the Dark" during the proposal.

THE END
    That's classic and way better than what this show ever could come up with.

THE END
    "let's just go for a helicopter ride."

SIGH.

blasie, the show itself could never top the things that you write. Thanks for making me laugh, smile, cry and feel.
    - Avalon
    I can't bring myself to water these birch trees or believe in them.

Quote Originally Posted by klmom3;3612133;
    He manages to get the Nitty Gritty Dirt band to sing "Fishing in the Dark" during the proposal.
    Yea right, it's all Ed. Please, tptb knew that this season was a total disaster so brought in the NGDB to make it a party. Whatever. . .

FORT Regular

All my unspoiled friends and colleagues think that Jill and Ed's have been falling in love from their very first date. While they genuinely like Reid and Kip (what's not to like) they've thought Ed is her love choice since they saw how sad she was when he left the show. Jill/Ed can't keep their hands off each other. So cute.

Congratulations Jill and Ed. Wish you loads of laughter, love and happiness. I look forward to watching the finale.

Between Jill and all the great guys....it's been one of my favorite seasons! Too bad really that the boys can't all go home with the girl of their dreams but it is the nature of the show. Onward....

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3612074;
    I think Fleiss's "twist" sounds more "twisted" than that. They have been hyping this season more than usual. They want the ratings in the finale. At this point I don't see anything that could be "brilliant". The Ed/Jillian story line has been "crass" all along for it to suddenly turn directions in the finale.

Strange how they were promoting and not releasing any SCs throughout the season. If this was a girl meets boy, boy bolts, comes back, girl chooses boy (sounds like a waste of time) why not show the real romance? Why all the drama and crass insinuations with the f1 smack in the middle of it all. sdl's sources may have said it right. They hyped the show, obviously there was "no love connection" after all.

After investing two months filming this show, Jillian may still leave empty- handed in the end once they are done with the media rounds and they have fulfilled their obligations. How sad!
    Ed fans would think the ending is brilliant if it were Ed. If Ed is F1 Jill prob thinks it was brilliant cuz she has been in love with him for awhile and to her it is brilliant that he proposes.

Quote Originally Posted by AvalonR;3612171;
    "let's just go for a helicopter ride."

SIGH.

blasie, the show itself could never top the things that you write. Thanks for making me laugh, smile, cry and feel.
    Even if there is no love story on the screen this season, as some say, that is not the case here on the boards. There has been real bonding and sharing and up-all-night hand-holding and getting each other through our disappointments.

Thanks guys......I guess all that's left for us is to clean our houses, weed our gardens and think how much we like Reid...this much....

Don't drink the KoolAid

Commit random acts of kindness!