Thread: "The Twist" "The Last Five Minutes"

Re: "The Twist" "The Last Five Minutes"

Quote Originally Posted by carolb57;3611640;
    It still sucks if it ends up being ED !!!!!
    Totally....I was disappointed to log in and see all this news.
    oh no...it's the BIG 5-0 ...when did this happen

If there is a twist this season and that is a big if...IMO I don't think the ATFR crowd has seen it because they weren't shown it. (think Mr. Invisilble)

i don't think jillian is a sadist, so reid's return would be a "funny little twist" if he were in on it with TPTB. maybe the producers convinced him he had to resolve his story line, and that anyway, he would be the most beloved guy in the end.

see the youtube channel annaanus (prank caller who gets contestants on the phone pretending to be one of TPTB). before the taping of the premiere reid asks, "does everybody go out of that limo like having a line, or do some people just go with the flow and say what they want to say? ... i don't wanna be scripted." what this says to me is that he has the instincts to be genuine, but he does want to please the producers or at least get some guidance from them. if anna had answered "we give each of you a line" i wonder what he would have said.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasmine305;3611765;
    If there is a twist this season and that is a big if...IMO I don't think the ATFR crowd has seen it because they weren't shown it. (think Mr. Invisilble)
    Huh? I'm not getting what you mean.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Starshine_16;3609464;
    Yup I totally agree.I am not insulted that he farted,but like you said at least apologize for it.I don't find him attractive at all and while his commitment to work is a good thing,I don't think he is really ready to make his job secondary to a marriage.
    This season has been so crass with the Ed/Jillian storyline. They had to get down to the bottom of the barrel and bring out all about bodily functions on more than one occasion. I guess it's their idea of keeping it real. For a prime time show on national TV they have shown a crass and vulgar interpretation of what they pass off as a love story. Time to move on.The last five minutes may be nothing more than hype given how this story has gone just to get their ratings in the bag.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by holly1959;3611760;
    Totally....I was disappointed to log in and see all this news.
    I was disappointed at first too...But you know what, we should all be relieved that Reid and Kip made it through this circus virtually unscathed. No matter how this plays out, engaged, dating, broken up--the key players always end up a bit tarnished. Reid and Kip both had a great adventure (and some great exposure) and when they decide to reenter the dating world--they both get to be the ones doing the choosing (and I am sure they will have quite a few fabulous women to choose from.....)

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3611793;
    Huh? I'm not getting what you mean.
    Just a theory of mine that there could be more to come and the ATFR crowd only saw what Fleiss wanted them to see and Reid truly does end up as F1 in a unique way, of course I could be out to lunch with this but my gut tells me that there is more to this.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Jasmine305;3611833;
    Just a theory of mine that there could be more to come and the ATFR crowd only saw what Fleiss wanted them to see and Reid truly does end up as F1 in a unique way, of course I could be out to lunch with this but my gut tells me that there is more to this.
    Yeah - it doesn't live up to what CH said about being the greatest season ever. I really can't figure out what Ed could do to make it brilliant. There is stuff missing or CH was just leading us on. But what good did that do in the end for ratings?

To love and be loved is.. goldie2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jasmine305;3611765;
    Well, I think there is twist.. But it happens during the LCDs with Ed.
    Definitely not at the ATFR.nope...

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3611808;
    This season has been so crass with the Ed/Jillian storyline. They had to get down to the bottom of the barrel and bring out all about bodily functions on more than one occasion. I guess it's their idea of keeping it real. For a prime time show on national TV they have shown a crass and vulgar interpretation of what they pass off as a love story. Time to move on.The last five minutes may be nothing more than hype given how this story has gone just to get their ratings in the bag.
    I agree. Watching this season especially the MTA where they show the clips of Ed so drunk he has trouble speaking, I am wondering who is ABC's target audience. Who do they think would find that entertaining? Maybe their audience is a high school/college male who likes the crass humour, the implied E.D. in the fantasy suite, and the pull my finger jokes.