Thread: "The Twist" "The Last Five Minutes"

FORT Regular

Re: "The Twist" "The Last Five Minutes"

Okay – wanted to consolidate all the theories/scenarios out there for the FRC and the “last 5 minutes.” I also attributed an “ATRC Watch Factor” – meaning the higher the factor number, the more folks would watch the ATRC (MF loves ratings more than he loves the "love story"). Depending on your preference – feel free to swap Kip’s name for Ed’s, I think we all agree Reid is probably the wild card and the one to bring the drama.

Scenario #1
    Kip arrives 1st at FRC – Jillian says NO
    Ed arrives 2nd – Jillian says YES
    Last 5 minutes twist – the way Ed arrives or how he proposes
    Trauma/Drama – Jill saying NO to Kip
    No Reid in this scenario – his return is a red herring. We finally hear his quote “I feel like I failed her, my fears got in the way of the moment.”
    ATFRC Watch Factor – 4 (folks tune in to hear how Reid failed again, and then the Ed/Jillian love story wrap-up)

Scenario #2
    Reid arrives morning of FRC (or 1st at FRC) to confess/reveal his feelings and makes Jillian question everything. Jillian heads to house in tears/upset and is counseled by CH
    Kip arrives 2nd at FRC – Jillian says NO
    Ed arrives 3rd at FRC – Jillian says NO
    Reid returns – Jillian says YES/MAYBE DATE IN REAL LIFE
    ATFRC Watch factor – 7 (viewers would be curious to hear from Reid (and Jillian) about his return, Ed/Kip’s thoughts on Reid’s return, and then the Reid/Jillian love story wrap-up)

Scenario #3
    Reid arrives 2nd confesses/reveals his feelings and makes Jillian question everything. Jillian heads to house in tears/upset and is counseled by CH. She returns to Reid and says NO.
    Ed arrives 3rd at FRC (last 5 minutes) – Jillian says YES/MAYBE DATE IN REAL LIFE
    ATFRC Watch factor – 7 (viewers would be interested in hearing from Reid why he returned, Jillian/Ed’s take on it, and then the Ed/Jillian love story wrap-up)

Scenario #4
    Ed arrives 2nd at FRC – Jillian says NO
    Jillian heads to house in tears/upset and is counseled by CH. He tells her a bachelor wants to talk to her again. She composes her self, heads back out. Reid shows up.
    ATFRC Watch factor – 9 (viewers would want to know how the heck that happened and hear/see the unviewed footage, hear Kip/Ed's take on the twist, and then the standard love story wrap-up)

FORT Regular

Mom1232000, it was on grapevine a short while back. I don't have the date of the interview, but there are only a few of them.

Momsunshine, there a lot of things we did not see this season. I think it got really intense with the feelings between Jillian and all the guys. I am just thinking Jillian did not do it to hurt Reid, but to make him think. The fact that Ed came looking for Jillian after she let Reid go, says to me, there was a fair amount of time past. I cannot imagine he came looking for her after 15 minutes. When Reid was getting in the car, he was smiling and she blew him a kiss with her finger. Sorry Jillian, but those tears looked fake. I think there was a lot more to that conversation than what we saw, cut out for a purpose. Not to give away the ending. Just trying to put 2 and 2 together here. I may be totally wrong. Jillian and Ed do have a strong connection and Kiptyn is very appealing.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by AbbyMart;3605569;
    Thoughts, very plain and simple. Reid does not come back to tell of someone else's GF's, he comes for the girl. Reid comes back and proposes, right before the rose ceremony. His proposal is not for marriage but a possibility of a future, after telling her how he really feels about her. (Reid does not want to be rejected again so he just opens up, possibly thinking if she says yes, then I will go further). Jillian has had her F1 in mind for awhile now. She decides to accept the proposal, but does not tell Reid yet. She rejects both men, (Kip and Ed). Then it's Reid's turn. He does not know she will accept. She confesses how she hoped her letting him go would give him the kick in the butt he needed. Final 5 minutes. Reid is chosen. My best case senario is the helicopter and minister pilot arrive and they get in the plane. This is the scenario I want to see. I put this on some other thread. As far fetched as it sounds, it seems there was a point when Reid made a statement, "that is not who I am". Jillian keeps saying she is smart. She also says the last 5 minutes will have women everywhere cheering. I can't think of a better scenario.
    The End.
    This ending would make the entire season make sense of all of Reid's procrastinating.

Boy, its good to dream. I sure hope it is not gramma.
    Love it! I think the first part is very plausible, and the helicopter bit at the end...while that does sound farfetched, it certainly would be brilliant! And she has been throwing out the possibility that she's already married as one of the possible outcomes she's saying in interviews (along with engaged, alone, dating two of them).

Historically Addicted lovemygirls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Conway;3605661;
    Okay – wanted to consolidate all the theories/scenarios out there for the FRC and the “last 5 minutes.” I also attributed an “ATRC Watch Factor” – meaning the higher the factor number, the more folks would watch the ATRC (MF loves ratings more than he loves the "love story"). Depending on your preference – feel free to swap Kip’s name for Ed’s, I think we all agree Reid is probably the wild card and the one to bring the drama.

Scenario #1
    Ed arrives 2nd – Jillian says YES
    Last 5 minutes twist – the way Ed arrives or how he proposes
    Trauma/Drama – Jill saying NO to Kip
    No Reid in this scenario – his return is a red herring. We finally hear his quote “I feel like I failed her, my fears got in the way of the moment.”
    ATFRC Watch Factor – 4 (folks tune in to hear how Reid failed again, and then the Ed/Jillian love story wrap-up)

Scenario #2
    Reid arrives morning of FRC (or 1st at FRC) to confess/reveal his feelings and makes Jillian question everything. Jillian heads to house in tears/upset and is counseled by CH
    Kip arrives 2nd at FRC – Jillian says NO
    Ed arrives 3rd at FRC – Jillian says NO
    Reid returns – Jillian says YES/MAYBE DATE IN REAL LIFE
    ATFRC Watch factor – 7 (viewers would be curious to hear from Reid (and Jillian) about his return, Ed/Kip’s thoughts on Reid’s return, and then the Reid/Jillian love story wrap-up)

Scenario #3
    Reid arrives 2nd confesses/reveals his feelings and makes Jillian question everything. Jillian heads to house in tears/upset and is counseled by CH. She returns to Reid and says NO.
    Ed arrives 3rd at FRC (last 5 minutes) – Jillian says YES/MAYBE DATE IN REAL LIFE
    ATFRC Watch factor – 7 (viewers would be interested in hearing from Reid why he returned, Jillian/Ed’s take on it, and then the Ed/Jillian love story wrap-up)

Scenario #4
    Ed arrives 2nd at FRC – Jillian says NO
    Jillian heads to house in tears/upset and is counseled by CH. He tells her a bachelor wants to talk to her again. She composes her self, heads back out. Reid shows up.
    ATFRC Watch factor – 9 (viewers would want to know how the heck that happened and hear/see the unviewed footage, hear Kip/Ed's take on the twist, and then the standard love story wrap-up)
    Great job! But why didn't you add any Kiptyn + YES scenarios? Are you that certain that it doesn't happen? Or are you just going with the most possible scenarios?
    We need not think alike to love alike

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by lolanator;3602601;
    Hi. Been lurking for a while, and finally got the itch to comment. I'm a Reid advocate, but I see the appeal of Ed from Jillian's standpoint and Kip also seems like the real deal and just amazing in general.

My hopeful theory based on all of the board comments and promo info so far, also runs along your line of thinking, except for the ending. After letting Reid go, Ed was probably the default F1 because she clearly was attracted to him, he's saying all of the right things about committing, her usual type, etc. but either he confesses something that convinces her it's not going to work or she just decides on her own. The key is for whatever reason (which they build up to on the parents date and the LCD), she decides not to accept proposals from Kip and Ed or maybe one doesn't actually propose, and she is resigned to stand alone. Then, Reid comes back after all of the heartache with the other two and she thought it was all over. Just him showing up could be dramatic enough if she had a positive reaction to it after sending the other two home. And then we see how things have progressed between them on the ATFR. Since there hasn't been hype of an engagement, maybe they're just dating and taking it slow. Maybe ho hum from a TV dramatic ending standpoint, but sort of a good place to start for Jillian and Reid in the real world. This could be why she makes the statement about not really needing an engagement in the end, or even an ILY, just an earnest promise of a relationship post show (Reid's ring?).
    ITA with your assessment. By "propose", I mean it to cover any type of proposal (i.e. Date IRW, etc.). However it plays out on Monday, I believe she ends up with Reid.

FORT Regular

Conway, I love all of these. Any of them would be good. Oh heck!! We still have no idea, only theories. They did a good job this time.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by lovemygirls;3605707;
    Great job! But why didn't you add any Kiptyn + YES scenarios? Are you that certain that it doesn't happen? Or are you just going with the most possible scenarios?

I tried to say that depending on who you like (Ed or Kip) -- you can switch out or flip/flop their names in the scenarios depending on your preference. The only thing I think we can be sure about is that Reid brings the drama.

ms_kreddy

Quote Originally Posted by martinanne;3605681;
    Love it! I think the first part is very plausible, and the helicopter bit at the end...while that does sound farfetched, it certainly would be brilliant! And she has been throwing out the possibility that she's already married as one of the possible outcomes she's saying in interviews (along with engaged, alone, dating two of them).
    And making bets with Jimmy Kimmel that she and her F1 would remain together.

Quote Originally Posted by lovemygirls;3605707;
    That was my question when I first read all that.Where's Kiptyn's yes scenario?
    "I need to stop talking about shoes before I get tabbed to judge some gay fashion show, or get a call from Tanner to hang out." sdl

Assuming that Reid does come back and he is her F1, .... remember that Ed and Kip do NOT necessarily know this is the outcome TODAY.

For example, with Brad's season, Jenny thought ALL the way through the season, that he picked Deanna. She knew that she wasn't the one so she assumed that it was DEANNA and she didn't say anything. We later heard that she was shocked that they BOTH were jilted but didn't know that until just before the rest of the Viewers did.

Ed may think it is Kip.
    Kip may think it is Ed.
    AND only now do they have the thought about Reid....

Now they could be thinking... "Could it be him???"
    THEY may not know at all what happened after they got rejected.. if that is in fact the case of what happened...

Just supposing.