Page 13 of 186 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363113 ... LastLast

Thread: "The Twist" "The Last Five Minutes"

Re: "The Twist" "The Last Five Minutes"

This is unlikely because it would undermine the idea of Jillian wearing the pants, but I wonder if the twist will be that she puts the F1 or F2 or F3 (probably just the F1: Ed?) through a final test where she refuses any symbol of commitment (like a ring) from whoever's left. Then maybe Jillian says that they should only plan on moving forward with her if they're willing to slog out the challenges of real life dating after the show especially after they've seen that she's connected strongly with a few other guys.

So then we'd have scenes where the F1 is shown ruminating after his proposal has been rejected and going through a thought process of facing "reality". But the happy ending will be the F1 coming back and making a really strong statement of commitment to Jillian sans engagement and saying that he's thought about what they have together and he wants to pursue it in the real world. That way the audience gets its happy ending and the story that's told is that this is a relationship that could make it in the real world.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Okay here is my FANTASY TOTALLY OUT THERE OFF THE WALL, DUDE twist. Bye-bye F2 (fingers crossed - Ed) Jillian is over her goodbye tears and returns to the podium to wait...and wait...and wait...Chris arrives, takes her arm and leads her down to the beach where Kiptyn rides a surfboard to the shore and scoops her up in his arms. To be continued at the ATFR.

Hey - where this show is concerned fantasy seems to be the way to go. Reality, Schmality.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Regular

yeah I'd say to me, the most likely scenario is that she asks the F1 if she can date him (and be open to dating others) after that final rose ceremony. Then we get something of a surprise on ATFR as to whom she ended up with -- if anyone. I could see her being very happy being with noone after all this, I would be too if things ended well with all these guys.

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;3501683;
    Ok, I'm going to go and get all technical here as I think there are a few misleading statements and quotes at the beginning of this thread. I always go watch or read the interview to make sure that nothing got paraphrased incorrectly, 'cause that happens all the time.

First of all, nothing is said about "the last 5 minutes" - Jillian could have been talking generally about the last few days, or maybe just the last day, we don't really know. (she had just been talking about knowing ahead of time, not necessarily a week ahead but before the day of the FRC) A poster near the beginning of this thread says that Jillian says that we don't know if she picks "one or more" guys but Jillian didn't say "or more" what she said and I quote word for word.... " stay tuned because it's a funny twist in the end and you don't know whether I've actually ended up with one person or not" then she talks about knowing what she had to do on the final day, that it's very interesting to watch, and that the final day is extremely interesting.

I'm wondering if it could be something like she has them both show up at the same time, maybe she does it like an actual rose ceremony, but really have no clue.

she did say it's total suspense until the last 5 minutes. but agreed, she didn't say "or more"

Ok, I'm going to go and get all technical here as I think there are a few misleading statements and quotes at the beginning of this thread. I always go watch or read the interview to make sure that nothing got paraphrased incorrectly, 'cause that happens all the time.

First of all, nothing is said about "the last 5 minutes" - Jillian could have been talking generally about the last few days, or maybe just the last day, we don't really know. (she had just been talking about knowing ahead of time, not necessarily a week ahead but before the day of the FRC) A poster near the beginning of this thread says that Jillian says that we don't know if she picks "one or more" guys but Jillian didn't say "or more" what she said and I quote word for word.... " stay tuned because it's a funny twist in the end and you don't know whether I've actually ended up with one person or not" then she talks about knowing what she had to do on the final day, that it's very interesting to watch, and that the final day is extremely interesting.

I'm wondering if it could be something like she has them both show up at the same time, maybe she does it like an actual rose ceremony, but really have no clue.
    I posted a theory a few days ago that lines up with this statement. Jill strikes me as someone who would enjoy pranking her F1, as well as someone who would prefer to let the rejected ones down easy if she could prior to FRC. She could have arranged with producers to subtly tell or hint to both guys on their LCDs that she isn't choosing them. Then the viewers will think she's not choosing anyone. They still have to go through the motions of a FRC though, since it's part of the script, and the guys each assume the other one wins. At it, after gently rejecting the F2 (who was already prepared for it), she tells her F1 that she was joking and she really is choosing him, so both he and the audience will be in for a (hopefully happy) shock.

If this is anything like what actually happens, I hope her F1 has a great sense of humor.

Originally Posted by deidre1985
    I think you'll get one this season. It is going to be with the guy that left her only to find out that he is totally in love with her (after one 1on1 date and probably 60 minutes total of time with the girl) and wants her more than anything in the world....what is more love than that, haha!
    Originally Posted by I'msotired
    LOL, deidre. Ed needs to seek Guardian Angel and you out after the season ends and thank you for your support of him. Although Ed is not in my list of fave's, if Jillian chooses him and if he makes her happy (and I get my damn love story), I'll be satisfied.
    Yeah! and..get this...he used to work for Microsoft, and they have an office in Richmond BC, how convenient!! Ed owes us big time eh deidre1985? I've been to Chicago, beautiful city, I could go for some Chicago deep dish pizza! (he also owes me for the commission i'm missing out on these days because i'm flippin addicted to this site! )

ETA I do like the idea of Reid being the final one as well.

Nicely Done!

The video is on Jokers...where Jillian clearly states in her own words that it all comes down to those last 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3501881;
    Okay here is my FANTASY TOTALLY OUT THERE OFF THE WALL, DUDE twist. Bye-bye F2 (fingers crossed - Ed) Jillian is over her goodbye tears and returns to the podium to wait...and wait...and wait...Chris arrives, takes her arm and leads her down to the beach where Kiptyn rides a surfboard to the shore and scoops her up in his arms. To be continued at the ATFR.

Hey - where this show is concerned fantasy seems to be the way to go. Reality, Schmality.
    Works for me!
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

Quote Originally Posted by chopstickchick;3501953;
    she did say it's total suspense until the last 5 minutes. but agreed, she didn't say "or more"
    It must have been in a different interview then, 'cause I watched the one where she speaks to a woman interviewer - Canadian - and she never said anything about 5 minutes
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

All I can say is that I hope she does not pick Wes, NO.