Thread: "The Twist" "The Last Five Minutes"

Re: "The Twist" "The Last Five Minutes"

Quote Originally Posted by KadeeSpade;3572121;
    I think you'll eat your words when Reid comes back and proposes...I don't know if she goes for it, but he will come back and tell her...it was only 5 weeks that they knew each other, and she didn't pick him for a date forever!!! I think you are way to hard on Reid..I question the declarations of love and marriage so soon from any of them..especially in a multiple person dating situation..I think Reid is the normal one saying "whoa, this is a big decision, wait a minute here" :nono
    I'm a newbie here but I just had to leave lurkdom to respond to this. ICAM. I am seeing someone who is very much like Reid. He analyzes everything and is very careful about what he says. He moves slow and there is no way to rush him into anything. They are both so similar (and adorkable) that I always find myself smiling like a schoolgirl every time I watch Reid and Jill interact because it reminds me of my own relationship. They have so much fun and it is obvious how much they truly enjoy each other's company. With someone like Reid, it may take him a while to express what he is feeling, but when he does, you know he truly means it, unlike Ed, who, imo of course, said what he knew Jill wanted to hear.

I don't know if Jill ends up with Reid, but I do know that if she doesn't, she will have made one of the biggest mistakes of her life.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by katincanada;3574788;
    this would be the funniest of all.....I've thought of this...at the end the curtain will go up, and the audience will clap...and stand...and the cast will bow. The END
    Haha! Too true!

FORT Newbie

Here's my take on what really happens and I know you all are dying to hear my ideas. This is my first post, but I lurk all the time and this is my professional opinion as a seasoned Bachelor and Bachelorette expert (from all my hours of watching and obsessing).
    I think Jillian was manipulated by the producers to let Reid go. I think they probably began putting a lot of pressure on her to make sure whoever she chooses proposes by telling her that she will look pathetic if no one proposes to her at the end and making her feel the pressure that as the star of the show she has to make sure it happens.
    This may have led her to tell them she couldn't let any of the last 3 go and needed more time because she wanted Reid but she can't be sure he will say the L word or propose at the end.
    They manipulate her into testing him by telling her that he is the kind who needs a kick in the pants to make him decide so she is told to let him go to "wake him up" and get him to act on his feelings, with the promise that if he really loves her, he will tell her once he thinks he has lost her.
    They promise her that he can come back if he makes this confession, but he was overwhelmed when she let him go and still didn't say exactly what she wanted to hear, so she was truly upset about letting him go, thinking he is just not going to do it and wondering what she is going to do now because her plan backfired. Now, I hate to admit this but I think Jillian would go for this plan because many women, including myself, find themselves sometimes doing things to get a reaction. I'm not saying that is a good thing to do because they sometimes backfire on us, but we are known to do them.
    So then they manipulate Reid after he leaves, telling him that they will let him come back and tell her how he really felt because he begins confessing in the limo that he really was falling in love and that he would like to have a chance at a do over.
    Jillian may not think her plan worked, thus, the really sad look while talking about how amazing she felt at the toast with Ed and Kip.
    Somewhere after the two last chance dates, maybe the day of the final rose ceremony, they let Reid come back and it throws the whole ceremony in turmoil and she is upset like we see in the previews.

Quote Originally Posted by thiskiss;3575021;
    Here's my take on what really happens and I know you all are dying to hear my ideas. This is my first post, but I lurk all the time and this is my professional opinion as a seasoned Bachelor and Bachelorette expert (from all my hours of watching and obsessing).
    I think Jillian was manipulated by the producers to let Reid go. I think they probably began putting a lot of pressure on her to make sure whoever she chooses proposes by telling her that she will look pathetic if no one proposes to her at the end and making her feel the pressure that as the star of the show she has to make sure it happens.
    This may have led her to tell them she couldn't let any of the last 3 go and needed more time because she wanted Reid but she can't be sure he will say the L word or propose at the end.
    They manipulate her into testing him by telling her that he is the kind who needs a kick in the pants to make him decide so she is told to let him go to "wake him up" and get him to act on his feelings, with the promise that if he really loves her, he will tell her once he thinks he has lost her.
    They promise her that he can come back if he makes this confession, but he was overwhelmed when she let him go and still didn't say exactly what she wanted to hear, so she was truly upset about letting him go, thinking he is just not going to do it and wondering what she is going to do now because her plan backfired. Now, I hate to admit this but I think Jillian would go for this plan because many women, including myself, find themselves sometimes doing things to get a reaction. I'm not saying that is a good thing to do because they sometimes backfire on us, but we are known to do them.
    So then they manipulate Reid after he leaves, telling him that they will let him come back and tell her how he really felt because he begins confessing in the limo that he really was falling in love and that he would like to have a chance at a do over.
    Jillian may not think her plan worked, thus, the really sad look while talking about how amazing she felt at the toast with Ed and Kip.
    Somewhere after the two last chance dates, maybe the day of the final rose ceremony, they let Reid come back and it throws the whole ceremony in turmoil and she is upset like we see in the previews.

Welcome. Your idea is brilliant. Both Jillian and Reid are both very surprised at the end. I can't wait to hear how long Reid was riding in the limo.

Reid may not be able to come out with his feelings, but I have no doubt he really loves Jillian--actions speak louder than words!!

Slow and steady wins the race, people; mark my words!

GO REID!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by CaliGal;3575040;
    Welcome. Your idea is brilliant. Both Jillian and Reid are both very surprised at the end. I can't wait to hear how long Reid was riding in the limo.
    DO we have evidence Reid was surprised?

Given the emotions of that FRC, and any shocking events that might ensue, I can only wonder whether Jillian will have it in her to do anything but walk away with her final rose in hand, and say to Chris and cameras "I need to think about this". She has been running herself ragged with jet lag, dates, meeting parents (Eds, hers), sleep deprived, (emotional roller coaster) - it is a lot to have to deal with, and I (I know, I am not Jillian ) would need some quiet time to collect my thoughts before making any further decisions.

I am expecting her to hold on to that final rose. Step away from the scenarios played out, and take some time to think about what Jillian wants. Giving any of these 3 guys another chance to meet/date again privately is not beyond reason. Getting someone away from the camera lights, people, etc., is a good way to see if anything real is there. ATFR will be resolution of whatever transpires at FRC.
    The question is will they be able to give viewers enough reason to come back for ATFR or not? Will people be disgusted, throw things at the tube and swear they will NEVER watch the show again? Or will they edit the show in a way that compels the viewer to return for a hopeful, happy ending?
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Quote Originally Posted by serve806;3574988;
    I'm a newbie here but I just had to leave lurkdom to respond to this. ICAM. I am seeing someone who is very much like Reid. He analyzes everything and is very careful about what he says. He moves slow and there is no way to rush him into anything. They are both so similar (and adorkable) that I always find myself smiling like a schoolgirl every time I watch Reid and Jill interact because it reminds me of my own relationship. They have so much fun and it is obvious how much they truly enjoy each other's company. With someone like Reid, it may take him a while to express what he is feeling, but when he does, you know he truly means it, unlike Ed, who, imo of course, said what he knew Jill wanted to hear.

I don't know if Jill ends up with Reid, but I do know that if she doesn't, she will have made one of the biggest mistakes of her life.
    Did you mean to say "adorkable"? Even if you didn't, i'm still planning to steal your word...describes Reid perfectly. And it fits Jill, when she's with reid.

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3575114;
    I am expecting her to hold on to that final rose. Step away from the scenarios played out, and take some time to think about what Jillian wants. Giving any of these 3 guys another chance to meet/date again privately is not beyond reason. Getting someone away from the camera lights, people, etc., is a good way to see if anything real is there. ATFR will be resolution of whatever transpires at FRC.
    The question is will they be able to give viewers enough reason to come back for ATFR or not? Will people be disgusted, throw things at the tube and swear they will NEVER watch the show again? Or will they edit the show in a way that compels the viewer to return for a hopeful, happy ending?
    Sounds like a real life, rationale thing. Maybe then people would understand why Jason made the decision he did, to choose Molly, instead of staying in a relationship that didn't seem right, outside of the cameras. Maybe, finally the Bachelor/bachelorettes will get smart and not allow themselves to get rushed into their decisions. I for one, would be patient with them.

Quote Originally Posted by nd4reality;3574403;
    He told her on the FD dinner that he would never hurt her and that if he was not feeling it he would tell her. On the LCD we see a preview where he says he can see things like Marriage, Children etc together. Therefore on the LCD he is confident of his feelings. Only to reject her the next day ? Sorry.

I cannot imagine that he would reject this on the day of her final choice.
    Yep, but Kip could be final 2 and be let go then Ed comes out with the surprise revelation "I don't want to hurt her but I have to tell her" voice over seen in commercials. Plus Reid returning to propose all this has to cause JIllian to re-evaluate!!!!!

Maybe the funny last five minute twist is one by one each guy is called into a room thinking they are giving an exit interview, when they arrive they see the other guys there and are asking each other what is going on. Jillian reappears and gives each guy a rose to continue to date after the show.
    Then on AFTR we find out who she chooses if anyone?