Thread: "The Twist" "The Last Five Minutes"

Re: "The Twist" "The Last Five Minutes"

Here's my theory...Ed was going to be her F1 but something he tells her on the LCD changes her mind so she is going to pick Kiptyn. She likes him and does have a connection but he would not have been her first choice but he's the only one left. Then, Reid comes in and proposes to her and wants to "sweep her off her feet" and she really gets confused and she chooses to date them both in real life and we find out at the ATFR who she chooses. Kiptyn hasn't tweeted since last Thursday so maybe she's spending a little time with him now. Reid has also had periods of absences from Twitter. It doesn't matter to me which one of these she picks as they both seem like sincere, wonderful men. I just hope it is not Ed.
    GEAUX TIGERS!!!

FORT Regular

[QUOTE=bachaddict624;3573531;]Here's my theory...Ed was going to be her F1 but something he tells her on the LCD changes her mind so she is going to pick Kiptyn. She likes him and does have a connection but he would not have been her first choice but he's the only one left. Then, Reid comes in and proposes to her and wants to "sweep her off her feet" and she really gets confused and she chooses to date them both in real life and we find out at the ATFR who she chooses. Kiptyn hasn't tweeted since last Thursday so maybe she's spending a little time with him now. Reid has also had periods of absences from Twitter. It doesn't matter to me which one of these she picks as they both seem like sincere, wonderful men. I just hope it is not Ed.[/QUOTE]

Amen, sister. AMEN.

Team REID

Quote Originally Posted by ducky2;3572491;
    Hi Mike'sgirl! So glad to see you posting again this season - I appreciate your opinions and enjoy your posts. I happen to agree with your analysis of what might have happened with the producers, Jillian and what she may end up doing. I do think that VO was from Michael, but I have a feeling that Reid will be saying something very similar in the last 5 minutes of the FRC!!

Thanks ducky2 - I mostly observe, and try to avoid anything that could get me in hot water.
    I believe we heard two VO's, well one VO (Reid), and then we actually saw Michael say something similar in PI.
    Michael: "I love that girl more then anything in the world"

Reid: "I love you more then anything in the world".

Easy to confuse the two, but early sound bites are sometimes the most important toward the end ..... when most people tend to forget about them. I still think this VO will come into play in winning Jillian's heart. When Reid speaks sincerely, it is from his heart. That's heart to heart.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by gemini78;3573232;
    Hey guys... Love reading everyone's posts! I keep telling myself not to get so caught up in this (it's just a tv show remember?!). But, I can't help it!!!

In my mind, I keep mulling over the various possibilities of how this will end. It's anyone's guess at this point, but I have my own theories... Since I haven't read ALL the posts here, I'm not sure if this has been written previously:

1. On the final day, I think Jillian has already decided that Ed will be her F1. (Why, I have NO clue - NOT an Ed fan at all here! JMO)
    2. She goes out on her "final rose platform"; Kip is the first guy up, and she does her whole spiel about how great he is, etc... But, my feelings are stronger for someone else. Kip is very gracious (he *is* a total sweetheart, let's face it). He tells her that he thought they had something special, but that he just wants her to be happy. There is some crying involved (Jillian is quite emotional afterall).
    3. Jill is then waiting for Ed. He arrives, looking a bit razzled. She does her whole F1 spiel. The connection we have had from the beginning has been so incredible (despite his skeezy dress-sense - bleh), blah blah. Ed gets all shifty-eyed (nothing new here), and tells her that he feels so happy to be her final choice. He totally loooves her, but before I can propose I need to tell you something. Insert huge revelation (not sure what this will be as yet! Still mulling that one over. Girlfriend in Chicago? Probably not. So this is a bit confusing.) Tells Jillian to think about what he has just told her.
    4. Jill is shaken up, and we see her go back to the deliberation room, telling Chris she doesn't know what to do, etc...
    5. Meanwhile, a man from her past (aka: Reid), comes a knocking! He hasn't gone home! He comes to tell her that he is in love with her. The thought of her accepting someone else's proposal is too much for him. He knows he should've opened up sooner (DUH!!), but he realizes his mistake and will never let that happen again. If it's not too late - Jillian, will you marry me?
    6. End with Jillian looking out into the Hawaiin sky contemplating her choice - what path will she take?
    CLOSE SHOW
    7. THEN! We won't know who she has chosen until the ATFR!

So, yeah... That's one of the scenarios I've been playing in my head. It could make for an exciting final 5 minutes. And, it also would leave us hanging as to whether she chose someone or not, and who exactly did she choose?

Does this make any sense at all? Or, has my imagination gone totally wild!!!
    Your imagination has gone totally wild! By the way there still is no proof that Ed has anything to confess and until there is anything different then he should be given the benefit of the doubt.

FORT Newbie

If Jillian really loved Reid she would have kept him last night. There was still one more day to meet her parents and for them to be alone. She let him go. He couldn't answer anything. He was so indecisive and obviously very uncomfortable with all her questions. I don't get all the supposed chemistry with Reid at all. She looked to me that she was just going with the flow most of the time. I liked Reid from the beginning. He's a sweet, funny, lovable guy but he's not for Jillian. Ed on the other hand is the one she wants. No doubt in my mind. When he left she was devastated and I think we'll hear more about this when its all said and done. I don't get all the Ed hate on this board at all. He's funny, smart and he loves her. In all the talk about girlfriends back in Chicago etc etc nothing has been proved. No one has come forward. Nothing. Except Jeremy and reality steve and his cronies spreading rumors. Its awful. Imagine if this was your brother or friend who can't defend himself till this is all over. I'm from Europe and don't get the big hullabaloo about his short shorts either!! They are so normal in Europe! Besides if you've got it and Ed sure has nice legs then flaunt it!! The guy has a techie sense of humor!! I've lurked here since the Andy Balldwin season and have enjoyed it but this season and all the attacks on Ed and his character by a lot of people on this board has been very disappointing. I hate to think how much worse it could get if Jillian picks Ed in two weeks time even if Reid shows up to declare whatever. Peace out..

FORT Fogey

Was Jeremy spreading rumors about Ed or was he defending Wes? Does Jeremy know Ed too?

marinewifey

While I agree that many of us have shared our personal moments of wild imagination, hopeless romantic endings.... These are not fan favorite threads devoted solely to showing our support for the players. FORT supports and welcomes all opinions, and controversy; as long as we are respectful of each other. I have my own personal moral code, and at times take offense to some things expressed in posts; however, we have the right to criticize reality shows contestants/cast, and agree to disagree amongst each others opinions.

ETA: From our FAQ rules: Contestants of a reality show, having voluntarily agreed to appear on our televisions, are open for criticism and praise, and everything in between, assuming it falls within the bounds of the rest of our rules.
    Our contestant threads are NOT specifically for "only good comments" regarding that contestant. They are for discussion of that contestant, both good and bad. We are not a fan-site for any one contestant, or any one show.
    Last edited by Mike'sgirl; 07-15-2009 at 02:21 AM.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

My fantasy:

Reid and she know its not finished, you can feel that its not finished; its gut wrenching for both of them. He was in the limo being interviewed saying he f****d up. She was comatose on the bench. Time ticked on... The camera men, producers, everyone knew she was very unsure of the decision so TPTB kept Reid from flying home. Watched her. Watched him. When the feeling didn't subside, maybe she pleaded with them to keep him on the island until she "knew" and as soon as she had her next set of dates, she knew.
    She introduces the men to her parents (&/or maybe they don't see it?) and she has the Last Chance dates, and then: Reid arrives and crashes the party... She turns down both Ed & Kip, graciously and kindly, and agrees to date Reid in real life.... and we find out how its proceeding at the ATFR... ?

Yeah, maybe I'm dreaming. I do see that she genuinely wants to love Ed, and he seemed like a surer bet than Reid. And maybe they are in fact, happy together now. Or maybe she is dating Kip, such a sweet soul. I'm okay with whatever she KNEW. I think Jillian is wonderful. What a big heart she has.
    Last edited by HeartofDog; 07-15-2009 at 02:16 AM.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by marinewifey;3573751;
    If Jillian really loved Reid she would have kept him last night. There was still one more day to meet her parents and for them to be alone. She let him go. He couldn't answer anything. He was so indecisive and obviously very uncomfortable with all her questions. I don't get all the supposed chemistry with Reid at all. She looked to me that she was just going with the flow most of the time. I liked Reid from the beginning. He's a sweet, funny, lovable guy but he's not for Jillian. Ed on the other hand is the one she wants. No doubt in my mind. When he left she was devastated and I think we'll hear more about this when its all said and done. I don't get all the Ed hate on this board at all. He's funny, smart and he loves her. In all the talk about girlfriends back in Chicago etc etc nothing has been proved. No one has come forward. Nothing. Except Jeremy and reality steve and his cronies spreading rumors. Its awful. Imagine if this was your brother or friend who can't defend himself till this is all over. I'm from Europe and don't get the big hullabaloo about his short shorts either!! They are so normal in Europe! Besides if you've got it and Ed sure has nice legs then flaunt it!! The guy has a techie sense of humor!! I've lurked here since the Andy Balldwin season and have enjoyed it but this season and all the attacks on Ed and his character by a lot of people on this board has been very disappointing. I hate to think how much worse it could get if Jillian picks Ed in two weeks time even if Reid shows up to declare whatever. Peace out..
    I agree with you.

Who knows if Reid really was in love or would have fallen in love with her...I think when he was finally dumped that kind of surprised him, he isn't used to that and then he decided maybe he did love her..but honestly if she had kept him around he would've still been unsure and indecisive. Smart move by JIll....also give Ed some credit....she does like Ed, a lot..after the supposed disaster FS she sat him on the bench and he told her how he was feeling and she realized she still is very much into him and couldn't imagine letting him go. A part of her must have realized she liked Ed enough or more than Reid to keep him around and coupled with Reid's indecisiveness she made her decision...anyway I see more of a connection with Ed....Reid is just likable guy...I think Reid would have connected with most girls that would have been the Bachelorette...Reid is just easy to like and get along with. I don't think his connection with Jill was particularly special. I felt that Ed and Jill's connection was different. Ed isn't the type of guy to connect with everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3573710;
    Thanks ducky2 - I mostly observe, and try to avoid anything that could get me in hot water.
    I believe we heard two VO's, well one VO (Reid), and then we actually saw Michael say something similar in PI.
    Michael: "I love that girl more then anything in the world"

Reid: "I love you more then anything in the world".

Easy to confuse the two, but early sound bites are sometimes the most important toward the end ..... when most people tend to forget about them. I still think this VO will come into play in winning Jillian's heart. When Reid speaks sincerely, it is from his heart. That's heart to heart.
    Thank you, that is exactly how I remember the two quotes as well. I suppose it's possible they took Michael's quote and spliced in a 'you' over 'that girl' to make it sound like something F2 or F1 is saying to her at the FRC. I do not have the quotes on video to easily compare the voices, but I 100% agree with you on the difference.