Page 11 of 186 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161111 ... LastLast

Thread: "The Twist" "The Last Five Minutes"

FORT Fogey

Re: "The Twist" "The Last Five Minutes"

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantomsGirl;3500342;
    While I think it's pretty far-fetched that Wes will show up on the finale, I am one of the few on this board that thinks he's probably really a decent guy. (I'm only adding the probably because after all, I do not personally know him),

There is so much we don't see on this show and the editors can have a field day with splice and dice. They can make people say things they didn't, insinuate things where there never was a real basis, and so forth.

I'm thinking the last five minutes will be some sort of time-out - in that she'll say she needs more time to make the actual decision. This is something she could have known way ahead of everyone else (trying to not use that "week ahead" thing she did not say). She could have known that she wasn't ready to make a final decision and wants to get to know F2 & F3 better.

Time will tell of course!
    I am actually quite proud of myself at this point since I like many of the remaining guys and have no one favorite. And...I have come to the conclusion that none of them are are bad or as good as Fleiss portrays them.
    Last edited by Doats; 06-14-2009 at 07:42 PM. Reason: typos--again!

Let me put this out there sorry if it's too crazy.

But if I am not mistaken I read here through the "suppersleuthing" u guys do that both her parents and the f1 parents were flown out to hawaii, (or her parents at least) and if so could it be possible they actually got married?

I know crazy but that would be something that has NEVER HAPPEND BEFORE?

Crazy thoughts...spending way too much time oh here...only posted a couple of times though...

Quote Originally Posted by newbie27;3501006;

But if I am not mistaken I read here through the "suppersleuthing" u guys do that both her parents and the f1 parents were flown out to hawaii, (or her parents at least) and if so could it be possible they actually got married?

Crazy thoughts...spending way too much time oh here...only posted a couple of times though...
    Welcome, and if we couldn't post crazy thoughts, most of us would be very quiet...

Your ending sounds hunky-dory to me. I just want my damn love story!
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

Quote Originally Posted by I'msotired;3501353;
    I just want my damn love story!
    So do I! At this point I am not sure I care who she picks even if I have my favorites.I just want this one to last.

I want a freaking love story!
    "I need to stop talking about shoes before I get tabbed to judge some gay fashion show, or get a call from Tanner to hang out." sdl

Now that would be something if it happened!!! Imagine not being able to wear your wedding ring till it could be announced that Jillian was engaged/married...

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3498853;
    If you reread her quote about this, she specifically says she did not make her decision a week ahead, she says she made it "way before" others who didn't decide until the day of the FRC. This could mean as little as a couple of days before FRC. My guess is after the F2 met her family, she knew. So she would have gone on the LCD knowing who she was choosing (or not choosing if that is the case), and those dates just further confirmed her choice.
    I was also thinking this...that if Jillian thought that her F1,F2,and F3 were all great guys, that their interaction between her family, and she with their families, had to be one of her final deciding factors..."Remember, it's the family" as Stephanie said (from Jason's season of the Bachelor)

Maybe I'm not enough of a romantic but I hope the ending isn't a proposal or marriage. I think the happiest ending would be Jillian and her f1 to commit to a relationship. Since Jillian's parents are there I do think it would be nice to have his parents there also.

That would be taking this farce to a whole new level. We have to remember that while it can be intense, the hours they've spent with together are very limited. Jillian MAY feel like she's found the love of her life, but even the most impulsive people would think they'd need to step back and spend some time in real life.
    I think it's overwhelmingly likely that she met some great guys, but nobody that she can take forward into real life for a lifetime. Remember not only would Jillian have to be willing to spend a lifetime with this guy, but also the guy. This show also depicts Jillian as being a real prize, once the heat of competition goes away she becomes a great girl who lives in Canada, a long way away. Real life contains a whole bunch of pesky little details that have to be worked out and which necessitate a compatibility far beyond having a great time together on a fantasy vacation.
    I'm also one that believes that the vast majority of these people may be nowhere near ready to settle down. This is a grand adventure to them. There's a huge difference between a vacation romance and one that works going forward. This show simply isn't set up to attract serious marriage minded people. People like that wouldn't necessarily like the humiliation and misrepresentation that goes with appearing on this non-romance show.

Very good post, girlsmom. I agree 100 %. The bachelorette and contestants are living like you said, in a 'fantasy vacation' type setting for weeks. Right now, its all about excitement and fantasy. When they go home into the real world, it's a whole new chapter.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Ok, I'm going to go and get all technical here as I think there are a few misleading statements and quotes at the beginning of this thread. I always go watch or read the interview to make sure that nothing got paraphrased incorrectly, 'cause that happens all the time.

First of all, nothing is said about "the last 5 minutes" - Jillian could have been talking generally about the last few days, or maybe just the last day, we don't really know. (she had just been talking about knowing ahead of time, not necessarily a week ahead but before the day of the FRC) A poster near the beginning of this thread says that Jillian says that we don't know if she picks "one or more" guys but Jillian didn't say "or more" what she said and I quote word for word.... " stay tuned because it's a funny twist in the end and you don't know whether I've actually ended up with one person or not" then she talks about knowing what she had to do on the final day, that it's very interesting to watch, and that the final day is extremely interesting.

I'm wondering if it could be something like she has them both show up at the same time, maybe she does it like an actual rose ceremony, but really have no clue.
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club