Thread: "The Twist" "The Last Five Minutes"

FORT Newbie

Re: "The Twist" "The Last Five Minutes"

My two cents:

I think Reid does come back and tells Jillian he was falling in love with her. In the limo he seemed so upset with the fact that he was feeling love for her but he hadn't let her know. On the bench he mentioned that he wished he could have been more upfront faster, but that he didn't even know if that would have changed anything. Just like Jillian gave Ed another chance so that she would have no regrets, Reid would be doing the same thing. Whether she goes with Ed as so many of the spoilers suggest for f1, at least Reid would know that he put the ball in her court.

I have been a Reid fan from the beginning and would love for him to end up with the girl, but I think she will go with Ed. Good luck to them all!

Quote Originally Posted by Kat27;3573181;
    My two cents:

I think Reid does come back and tells Jillian he was falling in love with her. In the limo he seemed so upset with the fact that he was feeling love for her but he hadn't let her know. On the bench he mentioned that he wished he could have been more upfront faster, but that he didn't even know if that would have changed anything. Just like Jillian gave Ed another chance so that she would have no regrets, Reid would be doing the same thing. Whether she goes with Ed as so many of the spoilers suggest for f1, at least Reid would know that he put the ball in her court.

I have been a Reid fan from the beginning and would love for him to end up with the girl, but I think she will go with Ed. Good luck to them all!
    I liked 3 guys at the start: Reid, Rob and Ed. I'm just thrilled 2 of my picks were her picks! Though Ed's return still makes me suspicious.

I hope he does come back, it makes sense judging from all the spoilers

FORT Newbie

Hey guys... Love reading everyone's posts! I keep telling myself not to get so caught up in this (it's just a tv show remember?!). But, I can't help it!!!

In my mind, I keep mulling over the various possibilities of how this will end. It's anyone's guess at this point, but I have my own theories... Since I haven't read ALL the posts here, I'm not sure if this has been written previously:

1. On the final day, I think Jillian has already decided that Ed will be her F1. (Why, I have NO clue - NOT an Ed fan at all here! JMO)
    2. She goes out on her "final rose platform"; Kip is the first guy up, and she does her whole spiel about how great he is, etc... But, my feelings are stronger for someone else. Kip is very gracious (he *is* a total sweetheart, let's face it). He tells her that he thought they had something special, but that he just wants her to be happy. There is some crying involved (Jillian is quite emotional afterall).
    3. Jill is then waiting for Ed. He arrives, looking a bit razzled. She does her whole F1 spiel. The connection we have had from the beginning has been so incredible (despite his skeezy dress-sense - bleh), blah blah. Ed gets all shifty-eyed (nothing new here), and tells her that he feels so happy to be her final choice. He totally loooves her, but before I can propose I need to tell you something. Insert huge revelation (not sure what this will be as yet! Still mulling that one over. Girlfriend in Chicago? Probably not. So this is a bit confusing.) Tells Jillian to think about what he has just told her.
    4. Jill is shaken up, and we see her go back to the deliberation room, telling Chris she doesn't know what to do, etc...
    5. Meanwhile, a man from her past (aka: Reid), comes a knocking! He hasn't gone home! He comes to tell her that he is in love with her. The thought of her accepting someone else's proposal is too much for him. He knows he should've opened up sooner (DUH!!), but he realizes his mistake and will never let that happen again. If it's not too late - Jillian, will you marry me?
    6. End with Jillian looking out into the Hawaiin sky contemplating her choice - what path will she take?
    CLOSE SHOW
    7. THEN! We won't know who she has chosen until the ATFR!

So, yeah... That's one of the scenarios I've been playing in my head. It could make for an exciting final 5 minutes. And, it also would leave us hanging as to whether she chose someone or not, and who exactly did she choose?

Does this make any sense at all? Or, has my imagination gone totally wild!!!

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by gemini78;3573232;
    Hey guys... Love reading everyone's posts! I keep telling myself not to get so caught up in this (it's just a tv show remember?!). But, I can't help it!!!

In my mind, I keep mulling over the various possibilities of how this will end. It's anyone's guess at this point, but I have my own theories... Since I haven't read ALL the posts here, I'm not sure if this has been written previously:

1. On the final day, I think Jillian has already decided that Ed will be her F1. (Why, I have NO clue - NOT an Ed fan at all here! JMO)
    2. She goes out on her "final rose platform"; Kip is the first guy up, and she does her whole spiel about how great he is, etc... But, my feelings are stronger for someone else. Kip is very gracious (he *is* a total sweetheart, let's face it). He tells her that he thought they had something special, but that he just wants her to be happy. There is some crying involved (Jillian is quite emotional afterall).
    3. Jill is then waiting for Ed. He arrives, looking a bit razzled. She does her whole F1 spiel. The connection we have had from the beginning has been so incredible (despite his skeezy dress-sense - bleh), blah blah. Ed gets all shifty-eyed (nothing new here), and tells her that he feels so happy to be her final choice. He totally loooves her, but before I can propose I need to tell you something. Insert huge revelation (not sure what this will be as yet! Still mulling that one over. Girlfriend in Chicago? Probably not. So this is a bit confusing.) Tells Jillian to think about it what he has just told her.
    4. Jill is shaken up, and we see her go back to the deliberation room, telling Chris she doesn't know what to do, etc...
    5. Meanwhile, a man from her past (aka: Reid), comes a knocking! He hasn't gone home! He comes to tell her that he is in love with her. The thought of her accepting someone else's proposal is too much for him. He knows he should've opened up sooner (DUH!!), but he realizes his mistake and will never let that happen again. If it's not too late - Jillian, will you marry me?
    6. End with Jillian looking out into the Hawaiin sky contemplating her choice - what path will she take?
    CLOSE SHOW
    7. THEN! We won't know who she has chosen until the ATFR!

So, yeah... That's one of the scenarios I've been playing in my head. It could make for an exciting final 5 minutes. And, it also would leave us hanging as to whether she chose someone or not, and who exactly did she choose?

Does this make any sense at all? Or, has my imagination gone totally wild!!!

Oh I think that makes sense. I'm not sure if Ed is going to reveal any secrets but I don't think we will know who she chooses until the ATFR. It just adds to the drama and makes sense why the last five minutes are so great. I think it's exciting that there is a cliffhanger type ending.

Quote Originally Posted by chopstickchick;3573149;
    Him saying it was one of the best nights of his life was so sweet. That might not be an "I love you", but it's up there in meaning in my opinion
    I agree.It meant a lot to me and it was pretty close to saying that he loved her.
    "I need to stop talking about shoes before I get tabbed to judge some gay fashion show, or get a call from Tanner to hang out." sdl

the butterfly season etherealfire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ducky2;3572491;
    Hi Mike'sgirl! So glad to see you posting again this season - I appreciate your opinions and enjoy your posts. I happen to agree with your analysis of what might have happened with the producers, Jillian and what she may end up doing. I do think that VO was from Michael, but I have a feeling that Reid will be saying something very similar in the last 5 minutes of the FRC!!
    I totally agree with this - I've just got a gut feeling Reid will say he loves her more than anything in the world, even though Michael said it earlier.
    "If you're going to walk on thin ice, you might as well dance." ~ anonymous

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by emjohnson03;3573242;
    Oh I think that makes sense. I'm not sure if Ed is going to reveal any secrets but I don't think we will know who she chooses until the ATFR. It just adds to the drama and makes sense why the last five minutes are so great. I think it's exciting that there is a cliffhanger type ending.

ITA on this. They will draqw out the drama. And we will probably never know who she actually chose initially.....only who she is with now.

My husband (who most definitely doesn't watch) walked in while Jillian was on her date with Reid and said "She's not going to pick him - she only likes him as a friend". He could, of course, be wrong - nah, he picked me for his wife!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Pride Mom;3572846;
    I'm sure this has been bantered about somewhere...

Based upon the Jillian we've seen, what would make her (in interviews) describe the last five minutes (the Twist) as "brilliant?"
    What would she think of 'brilliant'? Maybe the F1 asks her to wait a few minutes - brings her parents out - asks her father for his permissions and then proposes. Jillian would probably think this is brilliant as she's very close to her family. Just a guess.
    "It's just a show" - let's try not to trash people - tptb do that very well all on their own they don't need our help!

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by just logic;3573391;
    My husband (who most definitely doesn't watch) walked in while Jillian was on her date with Reid and said "She's not going to pick him - she only likes him as a friend". He could, of course, be wrong - nah, he picked me for his wife!!

What would she think of 'brilliant'? Maybe the F1 asks her to wait a few minutes - brings her parents out - asks her father for his permissions and then proposes. Jillian would probably think this is brilliant as she's very close to her family. Just a guess.
    What would she think of 'brilliant'? Remember when Ed told her that he had flown his parents in to meet her, she responded by saying, "brilliant, Ed, brilliant." Therefore, Jillian's definition of 'brilliant' could be someone making a good decision, or being aggressive in their decision. This could foreshadow a few things. I'm an Ed fan, but did anyone notice Reid's statement in his "Diary of the Departed?" Reid stated that it's weird, but he hasn't given up on Jillian.

FORT Newbie

I completely agree with your theory gemini... It could be because Reid is my number one, but I am also an Ed fan, and I still agree with this scenario. Fits the best with all the clues like Reid not being able to commit but wanting a second chance, and Ed's secret- they have given us sound bites of Ed saying something along the lines of I hated to tell her this but I had to do it, I hope it doesn't break her heart.. but it also could have been about him leaving the first time!! I just want somebody to have the inside scoop before I go CRAZY!!!!!