Thread: "The Twist" "The Last Five Minutes"

FORT Newbie

Re: "The Twist" "The Last Five Minutes"

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3570439;
    Oh! You need to share this in the general spoiler thread! Reid watched the episode with his family? Another good sign!
    Oh boy, new hope???? How could Reid watch that episode again if he really loved her and didn't end up being the F1... How could he watch that??? I don't think he would..UNLESSS................ .....

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Jones;3571543;
    I asked about this in another thread, and no one said that they heard it.

So now I don't feel like I am totally crazy Because I played it back a couple of times, and it definitely sounds like that.
    I just watched and listened to it again... and i also had the close captioning on. The CC said "OH" and then "Good luck". I heard "OH" and "you call" but that's probably b/c I really want to.

She is not acting when she sits down on the bench and is holding back the tears. She is really upset, I think everyone can tell that, can't they?
    Actions speak louder than words.

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by falk25;3572197;
    I just watched and listened to it again... and i also had the close captioning on. The CC said "OH" and then "Good luck". I heard "OH" and "you call" but that's probably b/c I really want to.

She is not acting when she sits down on the bench and is holding back the tears. She is really upset, I think everyone can tell that, can't they?
    I'll bet the CC picked up the "OH" from Jill, but that's not what she said. I do think it was spliced/cut somehow (something cut out beforehand). Now, Reid either said something about calling or good luck. I've listened to it over and over and one time I'll hear "good luck", the next I'll hear something about calling. Hard to read his lips too but I don't think I "see" good luck-could be wishful thinking though

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Newsie;3570264;
    Somebody just posted this over on the motherboard:

Hi guys. I have been a major lurker for awhile now but finally needed to post. I live in the suburbs of Philly around the corner from Reid's parents. My in-laws and another very close friend live next door to Reid's brother, too (also around the corner from me). Though I personally have never met Reid, we have many mutual friends, and one of my friends hung out with him last night before coming over to my house to watch (she went to his brother's house to say hi... he was there eating dinner and ready to watch the show with his family)

According to my friend (they had a glass of wine together he is very happy and looked great. She said he didn't reveal anything, but he told her that she definitely needs to watch the whole season, especially the last 5 minutes of the show.

We're not sure what happened but we are all hoping he does come back and there is a happy ending for Jillian and Reid. (Personally, I think Jillian is an idiot to let him go. They were so great together!)

Hope that little bit of info creates a some hope for all of you Reid fans
    He comes back...don't know if F1, but he wouldn't watch and say that if he was scourned!!! I bet not only does he propose, but she is in a white dress (wedding dress at the end) and what if the helicopter pilot comes with Reid and they get married right there...OK, so I dream??

Quote Originally Posted by wgschlenker;3571918;
    Yes, she says something, he turns and half laughs. Then he gets in and says either "good luck" or "I'll call" or something-could be either. And her left eyebrow goes up when she smiles and blows him the kids. Very suspicious. I don't think they could leave him in the dark. I think he's in on it-too vulnerable to leave in the dark.
    Yes I heard that.

More interesting when they are on the bench and both heads are down she whispers "I love you" in his ear. I even tested my son on this and he noticed it as well without me even telling him what he might be hearing.

CUT in film. Reid then says "I don't know what to say".

We see them walk out and I do hear her say "Call me". Don't know what he says back. She blows a kiss with her fingers. He does turn, she slaps him on the butt and he does the half laugh, says "good luck" and enters limo.

They are being friendly as usual and I think that is just their goodbye. I'm sure she wants to talk to him again but just how soon I don't know.
    What I do know is that he couldn't have been any more handsome that day.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    The door for him to take a chance with her is still open because he did say "I hope you made the right move. I don't know if you're completely sure but....".
    This is all while he pulls their clasped hands tight to his body. That's a controlled gesture showing a bit of possession.

Then Jillian says "I don't know how sure I'm supposed to be I mean I don't know". He's not stupid and I believe he questions her decisions and finally has to question himself.

Here's to a great last 5 minutes of the series!
    Last edited by Irish Hart; 07-14-2009 at 07:28 PM.
    -------------------------------------------
    Que sera sera .....whatever will be will be...

Quote Originally Posted by KadeeSpade;3572121;
    I think you'll eat your words when Reid comes back and proposes...I don't know if she goes for it, but he will come back and tell her...it was only 5 weeks that they knew each other, and she didn't pick him for a date forever!!! I think you are way to hard on Reid..I question the declarations of love and marriage so soon from any of them..especially in a multiple person dating situation..I think Reid is the normal one saying "whoa, this is a big decision, wait a minute here" :nono
    You are absolutely right. He has a much more valid reason to be insecure than she does. Reid's 1-on-1 date was in episode 6, then they only saw each other once a week after that. I'm sure that the fact that she kept Wes for so long would make him question what it was she really wanted.

There was her reaction to Ed's leaving where she was inconsolable, according to Tanner she only came out of her room for the RC. They have a great HTD but Ed returns and she tells him at dinner in Spain that she is struggling with her feelings for multiple suitors.

I wonder if Reid had ever watched the show. He seemed unfamiliar with the
    procedure.

Don't drink the KoolAid

Commit random acts of kindness!

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Soleil;3498392;
    Jillian has said (if someone could post the quotes, that would be lovely) that the last five minutes involve a twist that leads to a brilliant ending.

So what do you guys think it is?

From only viewing the TV version and nothing else. I would say Jillian and Reid are the best fit. I was a fan of Kiptyn, Ed and Reid however Kiptyn has always been superficial to me, at a distance, and never really "letting go", always in control of his circumstances, almost mechanical. That is not Jillian. Ed, I seems to be sincere & genuine, yet, somehow I feel he is lacking in something (letting loose & having fun). He always seems to be so serious somehow, not really letting go and acting goofy. Jillian is goofy.

Reid in the early episodes, he never really stood out however, as his personality has been revealed, I truly believe he has "everything" and a fantastic match for Jillian. He is playful, he can be serious, he's witty & charming, he's classy, and it's quite obvious they have a physical connections, he can be goofy, he's smart, and I think he's got a great warm & inviting smile. And he can also show alot of affection towards Jillian. I think Reid's biggest issue is taking the leap of faith & believing in what Jillian and he has. Obviously, Jillian let him go but I've been reading what reality Steve has said & quotes from Jillian about the twist at the end etc etc, and I think somehow Reid is coming back. Reid is the best match for Jillian. They match on every level, both mentally & physically.

Well, in another few weeks, we will all know.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by KadeeSpade;3572223;
    He comes back...don't know if F1, but he wouldn't watch and say that if he was scourned!!! I bet not only does he propose, but she is in a white dress (wedding dress at the end) and what if the helicopter pilot comes with Reid and they get married right there...OK, so I dream??
    I believe Reid is the perfect match for Jillian on all levels and from what I've seen on the TV episodes, Reid's biggest issue is the "push" and taking the leap of faith. I think Jillian letting him go is the "push" that Reid needs to realize how important Jillian really is to him & how much he really cares.

If you love someone and let them go, if he comes back, they were always yours, if they don't, they never were. Reid is the one. I know this is reality TV, scripting etc, I just can't see any other man that matches Jillian on all levels as much as Reid does. It has to be Reid.

This may have been said earlier, but I am so glad to know that it's only necessary to watch the last 5 minutes. I have trouble buying the fact that Kip and Ed are doing anything but enjoying the scenery and going through the motions.

Don't drink the KoolAid

Commit random acts of kindness!

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3571651;
    I guess everything she told CH about Reid being the person she thinks of when she thinks of her future fiance or husband and he fits it to a "T" was part of the script. She even told something to that effect to his face but she was scared to take a chance bec' she didn't know if he would make the sacrifices for their future.

Reid and Jillian have that rare quality that some of us are lucky to have in our mates, the ability to just be together and not say much but still get each other.

Ed's a playuh, so that should speak for itself.
    Keep in mind the fact that after weeks of sleep deprivation, and coaching from the production team, it would not be hard to convince her that eliminating Reid was the safer choice. In reality, it was the biggest mistake for her, and she will come to apologize for it later when she gives him the FR. This is certainly the most talked about season of the Bachelor/ette that I can remember. Just remember, we still have not heard that Reid VO "I love you more then anything in the world". ............ play out.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve