Page 10 of 186 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060110 ... LastLast

Thread: "The Twist" "The Last Five Minutes"

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Re: "The Twist" "The Last Five Minutes"

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3500355;
    I firmly believe there will be an FRC and a final decision has been made, she's so much as said so in some of her interviews. Specifically the ET Canada interview she told the Interviewer that the ending was very happy, and that her friends haven't seen her this happy in a long time.
    There are so many good options out there, it's hard to choose one--

1) Wes - having him be an insider (and hence looking over the side of the balcony last show) is a good one. He could feed Jillian info on who's most offended by the thought of others having a g/f, as well as inside info on the guys while they were at the house. However, all 'insiders' have always been revealed before the F4 so we would know by then, which makes me think he's not an insider since we know he gets a HTD.

2) She dates both - this would make the most sense if she was torn but I haven't gotten the impression from the interviews I've read that she was torn. She said she knew what she needed to do but I think that means she knew she wasn't into anybody or that she knew who she wanted; not that she was confused and needed to continue dating.

3) No proposal - this is the one I would like to see b/c it's the most realistic. Date after the show and see how it goes; I'd imagine the pressure on them as a couple would be so much less w/o the proposal...

4) Big move - she chooses someone who thought they'd be moving to Vancouver and instead she tells them in the last 5 minutes that she wants to see how they work out as a couple in his city.

5) We see another Merideth/Ian - she thought they'd just continue dating while he decides she's 'the one' and he surprises her with a proposal. "Brilliant" in this case could just be a play on words and mean a "brilliant" diamon ring, shining on her finger.

6) Shock factor - Kasha's well thought out scenario. I'd love that for pure entertainment/shock value.

Personally, I'd like to see a mix of 5, 4, and 3. She's planning on just dating b/c she thinks her chosen has a fear of engagement and she plans on moving to his city when he turns around and proposes to her. She tells him she'd love to become engaged but wants to wait while they continue to date until they ATFR. Then we'll get her decision... Any of the F3 will fit in nicely with that scenario.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantomsGirl;3500342;
    While I think it's pretty far-fetched that Wes will show up on the finale, I am one of the few on this board that thinks he's probably really a decent guy. (I'm only adding the probably because after all, I do not personally know him),

There is so much we don't see on this show and the editors can have a field day with splice and dice. They can make people say things they didn't, insinuate things where there never was a real basis, and so forth.

I'm thinking the last five minutes will be some sort of time-out - in that she'll say she needs more time to make the actual decision. This is something she could have known way ahead of everyone else (trying to not use that "week ahead" thing she did not say). She could have known that she wasn't ready to make a final decision and wants to get to know F2 & F3 better.

Time will tell of course!
    He is starting to grow on me, especially because he's not singing that song over and over! However, with him and some of the other guys, I have to laugh at their reasoning...the big "sin" is not that they have gfs, but that the other guys would talk about it...Men!!

Quote Originally Posted by pavalygurl;3500602;
    He is starting to grow on me, especially because he's not singing that song over and over! However, with him and some of the other guys, I have to laugh at their reasoning...the big "sin" is not that they have gfs, but that the other guys would talk about it...Men!!
    Yeah, I thought that was funny that no one seemed to notice that Wes just had a Dave 'man code' moment!

FORT Regular

Just want to comment on this:

Jillian says in the interview:
    'it's a funny twist in the end and you don't know if I ended up with one or more persons or not'

It could involve her parents. They mentionned that they were flying to HI for the Finale... and F1 parents as well. That would explain the 'more persons'.

Just a thought.

I have a suspicion that one of the F3 is a mole. She might not find out until the end.

There is something odd about all F3. Kip came out of a limo. Ed and Reid did not walk out of a limo.

Ed leaving & returning seems staged to me.

The conclusion could be where 1 of the guys is a plant and then the joke is on either Jill or her F1.

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3500383;
    There are so many good options out there, it's hard to choose one--

1) Wes - having him be an insider (and hence looking over the side of the balcony last show) is a good one. He could feed Jillian info on who's most offended by the thought of others having a g/f, as well as inside info on the guys while they were at the house. However, all 'insiders' have always been revealed before the F4 so we would know by then, which makes me think he's not an insider since we know he gets a HTD.
    There are 5 HTDs though, and Wes supposedly gets cut after these. His work as the insider would be done then, and he would come out of it looking good. It helps him by giving him exposure and it adds some drama.

Quote Originally Posted by sensfan;3500655;
    There are 5 HTDs though, and Wes supposedly gets cut after these. His work as the insider would be done then, and he would come out of it looking good. It helps him by giving him exposure and it adds some drama.
    If we're going in that direction, it could be that Wes did tell some of the guys that he had a girlfriend at home to see who would warn Jillian about him.
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow

Quote Originally Posted by chopstickchick;3499091;
    she could start by telling F1 when he arrives at FRC that he's the first one there, and him not knowing he the ONLY one there will think she's breaking up with him - that would be so mean though! And still not really suspenseful to the viewer. I keep thinking about how she wants to make sure the guy likes her in real life, how when she got home she realized her & Jason weren't a fit, etc. So maybe after she breaks up with F2 on the LCD, her & F1 spend a 5-6 days apart, she wants him to search his soul, etc, and if he really thinks he wants to be with her after that, meet her at FRC? ANd so it's suspense until he shows up??
    Sorry if this has been mentioned. As long as we're speculating, here's mine:

We find out toward the end of the FRC that she's not bringing the F2 to the "sacraficial altar," and spared him that moment by telling him somewhere else. I'd love it.
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

Hi. I have lurked here for a long time and decided to post today.
    Last night I watched an interview with TV Guide it was post #926 in the Media Thread and she is asked if we have seen anything special about the person she chose & she says that if not we will in the next couple of episodes. This gives me hope that she did actually pick someone. In most of the other interviews she just says she is extremely happy.

FORT Newbie

Hello, longtime lurker, first-time poster! My take on the "last five minutes it was all worth it" is just that; once she had the chance to tell the F1 that he was "the one" and perhaps then he told her he loved her, which validated the long, emotional process. IMO, it also hints that in fact there was a proposal, as perhaps her comment alludes to the ending exceeding her expectations going into the process. I just don't think it was anything theatrical or shocking, just a "happy ending"!
    Now I will go back to lurking! Thanks!