Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Fun With The Bachelorette - Jillian *spoilers*

Re: Fun With The Bachelorette - Jillian *spoilers*

My favorite: Red ears, blue ba uh blood pressure and then the Felix/Oscar, where have these things been? bit....

BritLit: Loved the DWTS / Melissa injury / team dance point value reference

FORT Fanatic

I'msotired - once again you've delivered a super totally awesome wicked recap!! Love this each week!!

Totally wickedly awesome as usual, I'msotired.

Most brilliantest episode yet! Bravo.
    Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment. --Dorothy Parker

FORT Newbie

Hey sorry if someone has already done this but has anyone looked at the bachelorette playlist on ABC? I remember Deanna’s season that one of the songs was ‘Jesse’s Girl’ which obviously was a big clue for the winner. So here is the song list and any clues we can take away from them:

1. "Ride" - by Martina Mc Bride
    Not a spoiler, it was featured on the show
    2. "Holding out for a Hero" - Bonnie Tyler
    Just a guess but ABC went with the ‘Kiptynite’ name which is similar to Krytonite from Superman
    3. "I'm on Fire" - Bruce Springsteen
    Lyrics are “And a freight train running through the Middle of my head Only you can cool my desire I’m on fire” sounds like Reid’s date from the last episode
    4. "You found Me" - The Fray
    Don’t think it’s a spoiler just about finding love – maybe just a spoiler she picks someone
    5. "Breakdown" - Jack Johnson
    Song about a train breaking down – could be Robbie going home or Reid (since his date happened on the train episode)
    6. "I was Born in a Small Town" - John Mellencamp
    Could be about Peace River, I doubt it’s any of the guys since they’re all from bigger cities
    7. "Don't Stop Believing" - Journey
    Another song about a train – again Reid , also city boy – could be any of the F3
    8. "Take me Away" - Natasha Bettingfield
    Also known as pocket full of sunshine – could be sunny California and Kip
    9. "Rush Rush" - Paula Abdul
    Not a spoiler I don’t think
    10. "Fishin' in the Dark" - Nitty Gritty Dirt Band
    Again Jillian’s favourite song so not a spoiler

There's my analysis anyone else see it differently?

Quote Originally Posted by pssoss;3521811;
    Hey sorry if someone has already done this but has anyone looked at the bachelorette playlist on ABC? I remember Deanna’s season that one of the songs was ‘Jesse’s Girl’ which obviously was a big clue for the winner. So here is the song list and any clues we can take away from them:

1. "Ride" - by Martina Mc Bride
    Not a spoiler, it was featured on the show
    2. "Holding out for a Hero" - Bonnie Tyler
    Just a guess but ABC went with the ‘Kiptynite’ name which is similar to Krytonite from Superman
    3. "I'm on Fire" - Bruce Springsteen
    Lyrics are “And a freight train running through the Middle of my head Only you can cool my desire I’m on fire” sounds like Reid’s date from the last episode
    4. "You found Me" - The Fray
    Don’t think it’s a spoiler just about finding love – maybe just a spoiler she picks someone
    5. "Breakdown" - Jack Johnson
    Song about a train breaking down – could be Robbie going home or Reid (since his date happened on the train episode)
    6. "I was Born in a Small Town" - John Mellencamp
    Could be about Peace River, I doubt it’s any of the guys since they’re all from bigger cities
    7. "Don't Stop Believing" - Journey
    Another song about a train – again Reid , also city boy – could be any of the F3
    8. "Take me Away" - Natasha Bettingfield
    Also known as pocket full of sunshine – could be sunny California and Kip
    9. "Rush Rush" - Paula Abdul
    Not a spoiler I don’t think
    10. "Fishin' in the Dark" - Nitty Gritty Dirt Band
    Again Jillian’s favourite song so not a spoiler

There's my analysis anyone else see it differently?
    Reid's hometown is Upper Dublin which isn't really a town at all, it's more of a sprawling township with a bunch of suburban homes and some strip mall shopping centers. It's also home to my doctor's office. At any rate, FWIW, it's not a big city.

FORT Fanatic

I re-watched the 1 on 1 dates with Ed, Kip and Reid and decided to critique that music score...
    (Boy, you can tell Monday night can't come soon enough.)

Ed:

Loved the great strumming guitar intro for the helicopter ride, then the full "Survivor"-type orchestration (later recycled in the Canadian Rockies scenes). Yes, we feel the great majesty of the LA skyline. When Jillian says "I'm gonna push it [Ed's heart] full to the limit", we get some tropical drums, followed by disco synthesizer for the mighty scale down the rooftops. All of this makes for an exciting date. Too bad the following rooftop dinner is a bit boring.

The intimate pools scenes are, well, weird. Some type of funky synthesizer stuff works against the "romance" part. Things get better when they start kissing with those strumming guitars again. At least Jillian is showing passion here... that interesting jazz bit during her PI emphasizes how hot she is for him.

Might I suggest something better for the underwater cuddling scenes? Clear the rights for The Moody Blues' "Tuesday Afternoon". If it works for VISA and its aquarium ad, it will work here. It adds to the hallucinogenic impact that scene has on us Team Reiders. (Just kiddin')

Things are somewhat muted during the conversations. I think this is because Ed has a low voice. (Kiptyn's is too, but the music is still loud when he talks... I think the cameras are in love with his face and could care less what comes out of his mouth.) The light jazzy tone is well-suited to the dinner date, but is so low-key as to be hardly noticed.

When she asks "Do you have any questions for me?", we get this dramatic dead silence. This is my least favorite part of the date, because I'm expecting Ed to ask something really provocative (Do you like Wes better? Will you pop my helicopter cherry again?), but instead he asks about that !$#@% rose. Then comes the silly Rose Anticipation music.

Probably the most interesting musical part comes when his luggage is moved to the mansion... as if to suggest more will be happening there than on the rooftop.

Kip:

Remove the conversations and just play the music. Then serve your lasagna and Mateus. Positively, it all fits his laid-back personality, but there's little drama here. The key word is consistent, with little variation in tempo. I don't know what the point is here... is he the "calm in her storm" or is their relationship just riding the waves?

The park scenes open with a nice '90s rock score, then settle with the standard strumming guitars. The kayak race is a bit louder, but not all that dramatic... yeah, we get it: anti-climactic. The market scene has a happy-go-lucky strum... a little loud (I guess to drown out their "sexy" conversations, supplied in subtitles).

Things get softer as they feed the gulls and pigeons, but you don't get the silent parts like you do with Ed. (Again, it is Kip's face that counts, not his voice.) I'm surprised how dull the music is in the kitchen... I was kinda hoping for "9 1/2 Weeks" here. Fortunately, he doesn't get that tacky Rose Anticipation music (is there any doubt he would get one?).

The weakest part is the "climax". The score is literally lifted from stock Trista season material. Go checkout youtube clips from that season and watch Kip's last scenes on this date. Poor Kip gets the short end of the stick here.

Hey, how about this? Clear the rights to Jack Nitzsche's "The Lonely Surfer" and just show clips of them making out. (Isn't that the bulk of the date anyway?) Then if viewers get bored, they can still enjoy the instrumental track. The crescendo in that score would fit her jiggle after she closes the door. Also, the few lines from Kip we can hear over the music could use some embellishment. Just think of the possibilities that weren't utilized when he says "Look at your sauces. I am REALLY impressed".

Reid:

What I love about the music here is that quite a bit actually relates to him and his quirks. Unlike Ed's "Survivor" score and poor Kip's "canned" stuff, the music staff is clearly having fun here. (Forgive me, I do tend to over analyze... well, maybe not over-analyze, but analyze perfectly.)

Following a straight forward strumming intro (a.k.a. Kip), the snowboard scenes borrow the "playful otter" score from Walt Disney's "Beaver Valley" and other critter flicks, abruptly ending with his "This is catching on?" The ice sculpture scenes use an exciting (if unoriginal) "elevation" buildup which slowly fades into softer syrupy stuff as they talk. Of course, the music can't be too loud when their hoods are up. (Considering how little Kip and her discussed over fruit shopping, I'm surprised they didn't include subtitles here. Instead we have to crank up the volume.)

Some really good stuff starts back at the hotel. The whole fondue part is a sensual sax rendition of "Brother, Can You Spare A Dime?" Why? How should I know! ...I guess there are different ways to "reid" this.

A swinging sixties vibe permeates through out. Too bad Jillian didn't bring her mini skirt and false eyelashes, like she sported during her sexy Vincent discussion two episodes earlier (i.e. the scene that made me want to kiss her as eagerly as Reid). That would make the scene perfect.

The "you're not on my list" speech is my favorite part. It launches what I call the Groovy Jet Set Score. Like a plane taking off the runway and the stewardess trying not to spill the martinis over the passengers. Parts are recycled for the previews, but it fits this scene better. Especially seeing Jillian get more hot as he talks about "types" like blondes.

The almost perfect score here is ruined a little by some canned syrup during the serious discussions and that silly Rose Anticipation moment. However, I do enjoy the RA with Reid better than Ed's because it is more drawn out and a bit "climactic". When he's relieved... we are relieved and she can start fondling his ears now...
    Last edited by Jack Benny Fan; 06-27-2009 at 11:28 PM.

JACK BENNY - I would love your rendition of the music played during Jillian 's 1n1 time with Tanner during the foot fun during the last episode - it was a riot hearing the music they did - curious tho......... LOL - good for a chuckle anyways
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;3530133;
    JACK BENNY - I would love your rendition of the music played during Jillian 's 1n1 time with Tanner during the foot fun during the last episode - it was a riot hearing the music they did - curious tho......... LOL - good for a chuckle anyways
    Considering how much I've discussed him in posts this weekend, I guess I'm starting to miss him already. Youtube has a video ready made for him, titled "Giselle Black Heels Foot Fetish with Music".