Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: Fun With The Bachelorette - Jillian *spoilers*

Re: "The Twist" "The Last Five Minutes"

Quote Originally Posted by SecretGarden;3587311;
    I wanted to throw in my 2 cents about the whole Taurus-Capricorn thing since I know quite a bit about astrology

Taurus, Capricorn, and Virgo are all Earth signs and are widely known to be very compatible with each other. Jililan is a Capricorn (right?) and Reid is a Taurus, which means that they are, astrologically speaking, supposed to be very romantically and emotionally compatible.

I am an air sign (Libra) and it is said that Libra, Gemini, and Aquarius are very compatible with each other as well. I find this to be true! I get along with every Libra I know and most of my friends are Aquarians.

However, people need to keep in mind that there is a lot more than just your sun sign that determines your personality and who the best fit for you is. The rising sign, or ascendant, is also a very important factor when assessing someone's personality. your rising sign is the "face you show to the world" and it is how you project your actual (sun) sign. I am willing to bet that Reid's rising sign is Virgo, just based on his behavior on the show (actually I initially thought he was a Virgo).

There is also the placement of the moon, which is associated with a person's emotional side, memory, and the unconscious.

The sun, moon, and ascendant are the three most important parts of a person's astrological chart.

Then, there are the planetary aspects and houses.... There is a lot that goes into astrology. If someone knows Reid and Jillian's exact birthdays, I can do their charts and tell you all what they say. (For their ascendants though, i would need their exact time of birth...the exact hour, preferably to the minute). Jillian is 29 years old which would make her birth year 1980 if she is a Capricorn... Reid is 30 which would make his birth year 1979... But I need to know what month/day they were born.

And sorry if this is horribly off topic. I just saw so many astrology-related posts and I had to say something and go off on it!

eta:

Does anyone know anything about Kiptyn or Ed's birthdays?

I think Jillian was born in 1979 and will be 30 in Dec. That being said I checked and she appears to have a taurus moon which you know with Reids Taurus sun is that magic his sun/her moon conjunction (depending on her time of birth of course)that makes for a great potential soulmate connection

Quote Originally Posted by SecretGarden;3587311;
    I wanted to throw in my 2 cents about the whole Taurus-Capricorn thing since I know quite a bit about astrology

Does anyone know anything about Kiptyn or Ed's birthdays?
    Hi, go back in this thread, the full birth charts are posted here for all 4, but we do not know the birth times so can't do a full compatibility...

nevertheless, fun food for thought!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Fun With The Bachelorette - Jillian *spoilers*

pages 16 to 20 on this thread have all the astrological details

PS - I LOVE all the avatars and comic relief on this thread - rotfl !!! Thank you wonderful posters! hahahahah!

This thread is so tame this season.

I miss Jason's transporter suit !!!

the butterfly season etherealfire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofDog;3587867;
    Hi, go back in this thread, the full birth charts are posted here for all 4, but we do not know the birth times so can't do a full compatibility...

nevertheless, fun food for thought!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Right - emusha, I think you will find the charts enlightening I also believe that HoD did charts for Kip and Ed - based on what we have - obviously no solid birthplaces and no birthtimes and not exactly a rectification but I though HoD did a great job of giving us possibilities. Natually as a ReidFan I thought what we know about Reid's chart makes the pair an awesome match - just my ( admittedly verrrry biased opinion ) - go check it out if you haven't already!
    "If you're going to walk on thin ice, you might as well dance." ~ anonymous

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AvalonR;3585055;
    Thanks for using the avatars, guys! I've just posted 4 more in the non-spoiler Reid thread. Enjoy!
    Did you do the Hey, Mr. Rose, how's it going? one (he said to Wes) yet? How about the "Taurus and Capricorn are a match made in heaven" one. Please?

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3588132;
    Did you do the Hey, Mr. Rose, how's it going? one (he said to Wes) yet? How about the "Taurus and Capricorn are a match made in heaven" one. Please?
    Which episodes did those statements come from? I don't have of all the episodes on my computer, and therefore I don't have the screencaps from which to make the avatars you're requesting. But let me know, and I'll see what I can do.
    - Avalon
    I can't bring myself to water these birch trees or believe in them.

Historically Addicted lovemygirls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AvalonR;3588298;
    Which episodes did those statements come from? I don't have of all the episodes on my computer, and therefore I don't have the screencaps from which to make the avatars you're requesting. But let me know, and I'll see what I can do.
    I think Hey Mr. Rose what's up came from Episode 2 where Wes had the rose from the group date. I also think match made in heaven came from Episode 2. Both from the cocktail party scenes.
    We need not think alike to love alike

Quote Originally Posted by lovemygirls;3588324;
    I think Hey Mr. Rose what's up came from Episode 2 where Wes had the rose from the group date. I also think match made in heaven came from Episode 2. Both from the cocktail party scenes.
    Thanks, lovemygirls.

seeker, I'll try to get that episode and make the avatars you've requested.

If anyone else wants an avatar of a specific Reidism, don't hesitate to ask (but please PM me-- I don't want to take up too much space on the boards).
    - Avalon
    I can't bring myself to water these birch trees or believe in them.

I have done a comparison chart of Reid and Jillian and I was mostly concerned with their Venus placements... The fact that Jillian's moon is in Taurus and Reid's sun is in Taurus would a very positive sign, but it appears that her moon is in Gemini. I sent this as a message to a few people that wanted to see it but since this thread is just for fun I think it's okay to post it here!

First of all, let's start with Reid and Jillian's Natal Charts, which discuss which signs each of their planets, sun, and moon are in. Unfortunately, we don't know exactly what time they were born, so I cannot match up their ascendants (rising signs). I also cannot accurately determine which houses belong to which signs because I don't know their exact times of birth. Anyway... that is not that important. The most important things are the planets, sun and moon. Let's start with Jillian:

JILLIAN: 12/30/1979
    Sun: Capricorn
    Moon: Gemini
    Mercury: Sagittarius
    Venus: Aquarius
    Mars: Virgo
    Jupiter: Virgo
    Saturn:Virgo
    Uranus: Scorpio
    Neptune: Sagittarius
    Pluto: Libra

REID: 04/24/1979
    Sun: Taurus
    Moon: Aries
    Mercury: Aries
    Venus: Aries
    Mars: Aries
    Jupiter: Leo
    Saturn: Virgo
    Uranus: Scorpio
    Neptune: Sagittarius
    Pluto: Libra

Ok. So... Jillian has an overwhelming amount of Earth signs in her natal chart. This means that she is extremely grounded and down to earth, practical if you will. Once she makes up her mind, she is set in her ways and she will not change it.

Reid, by comparison, has an overwhelming amount of Fire in his chart. This means he has a lot of energy and has an exciting personality. He is also spontaneous and free-willed.

Lots of fire can cause problems in relationships; they do not communicate their needs easily. They seem to have difficulty in asking for what they want and in communicating their needs to a partner. They could resent people who are unable to read their minds! Since they can tune into a partner's needs, they expect it in return, and can be disappointed by a partner's "human ness." Sexually too many fire planets can be limiting. Fire signs are idealistic and want their minds read…. (Hmm… sounds kinda like Reid to me!)

Jillian’s sun is in Capricorn
    , which means that she is very mature and accepting of responsibilities. She works very hard and is very dedicated to her career. She is persistent and tenacious and goal oriented by nature. Thus, it’s safe to say that if she came on the Bachelorette for a proposal, she will be VERY upset if she doesn’t get one.

Reid’s Sun is in Taurus, which means that he is likes to be surrounded by comfort and tender, familiar environments. He enjoys the pleasures and delights of life. He is sometimes prone to excesses and indulgences. It may take him a few moments to get something started, but once Taurus decides on something, they are fixed and stubborn and they get their work done very efficiently. Taurus, in my opinion, is one of the strongest zodiac signs. They enjoy the good life but they are persistent as heck.

Jill’s moon is in Gemini, which means that she loves to talk about her feelings... and she loves to talk in general. She enjoys good conversation and gets bored easily with people. Her feelings can change quickly depending on who she commits them to. she needs to find people that will hold her interest for a long period of time in order to build lasting relationships with them. She loves to physically be on the move and she loves to travel. She needs to constantly be agile physically and mentally to feel alive, and she loves to share experiences with other people through conversation.

Reid’s moon is in Aries, which means he is a fighter when it comes to his emotions. When aroused emotionally, he will give it his all and this will be his reaction to specific instances in love. Often, he may act before thinking and he has the tendency to surprise others because of his ability to deliver romantically with a high degree of force. He is extremely independent and it is hard for him to be tied down, but when the right person comes along, he will give that person his all. He is known for being “impulsive, careless, reckless, foolhardy, rash, and daring.” (those adjectives were taken from a website).

I am going to skip other planets except for Venus, as I don’t feel that they are necessary in terms of romantic compatibility.

VENUS is the most important planet when dealing with romance.

“Venus, the goddess of love, reveals much about the way we approach relationships, romance, and love. Its placement by sign, house, and aspect shows how and where we go about expressing love.

“When the relationship in question is a love relationship, one factor that should be considered is the comparison of Venus signs. Although similar to Sun Sign compatibility, Venus Sign compatibility hones in on the individuals' love nature, and can therefore be exceptionally illuminating.”

Basically, this reveals more about romantic compatibility than the actual sun signs do. Reid and Jillian are both earth signs (Taurus and Capricorn), but what’s more important than this is the placement of each of their Venuses.

Jillian’s Venus is in Aquarius. This means that she is very friendly and outgoing, but she fears losing her freedom because of a relationship. She attracts friends and lovers that are often a bit eccentric and odd by common standards. She is very popular and loves working with others in a group. Aquarius is the most open-minded sign, so this means that Jillian will date people that other people may find unfit to give a chance. She will take her chances on people that are “different” and in that way, she doesn’t fear going against the grain.

Reid’s Venus is in Aries. This means that when he finds someone he really likes, he will pursue her relentlessly and passionately. Sometimes, he needs to realize and understand his partner’s needs in addition to his own needs. It’s hard for Reid to be “tied down” in a relationship, but for the right girl, he will give everything he has, and he will not just let her walk away without a fight. He is very upfront and direct about his needs and desires. He is independent and has to find the right person with whom to spend his life, otherwise he will get bored.

Now, let’s take a look at how Venus in Aquarius interacts with Venus in Aries:

“In most cases, this combination inspires mutual respect and appreciation. Both of you are generally positive in matters of the heart, so optimism is likely the general theme when you are together. You are somewhat unpredictable when it comes to expressions of love, and your partner is more likely to appreciate this "quirkiness" than most Venusian signs, simply because he or she enjoys challenges and the feeling that a relationship is "alive". Furthermore, your unconventionality can be quite attractive to your Venus in Aries partner. While others might complain that you are a little too aloof, your lover is more apt to see that trait as a challenge—and rise to it! The only difficulty with all of this is that your partner's desires in love are quite variable, and when they're turned on, he or she wants love and wants it right now. If you happen to be off on a tangent, seemingly in another world, your partner can quickly become impatient. However, both of you will give the other enough space to breathe, probably because you each need some independence. With your Venus signs in a sextile with one another, you are likely to appreciate and respect each other, off-moods aside.”

So there you have it! This is the most accurate compatibility between Jillian and Reid. We already know that Taurus and Capricorn are compatible, but now we know that they are compatible in terms of their Venus placements! I would like to know their rising signs - I'm fairly sure that Reid is a Virgo rising based on his behavior. Jillian is probably an air sign rising (just a guess).

I know Ed's birthday is 7/20... is his birth year also 1979? Sorry, I know they're all around the same age but I'm not 100% sure. And I would love to know when Kiptyn's birthday is.

Sorry if that was a bit long. Hope that gave some insight into their relationship. I’m going to work on Ed and Jillian’s chart next, so if anyone wants to see that, just PM me.
    Last edited by SecretGarden; 07-20-2009 at 07:00 AM.