Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Fun With The Bachelorette - Jillian *spoilers*

Historically Addicted lovemygirls's Avatar

Re: Fun With The Bachelorette - Jillian *spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by pssoss;3521811;
    Hey sorry if someone has already done this but has anyone looked at the bachelorette playlist on ABC? I remember Deanna’s season that one of the songs was ‘Jesse’s Girl’ which obviously was a big clue for the winner. So here is the song list and any clues we can take away from them:
    If you take the songs backwards...

1. Fishin' in the Dark
    She's just met the guys, she's fishing for guys, she's in the dark
    2. Rush, Rush
    The guys have the Amazing Race type date, they need to rush to find her; she goes on rush type dates with Ed, Jake and Sasha
    3. Take Me Away
    They take Jillian away from the guys, she leaves for Vancouver, they need to follow her
    4. Don't Stop Believing
    (Just a small town girl, living in a lonely world...) They arrive in Vancouver, Jilly's turf
    5. I Was Born in a Small Town
    This refers to the whole time being home in Canada
    6. Breakdown
    This refers to Ed leaving hence the break and her being upset
    7. You Found Me
    Either Ed returns and he found her OR love found her during HTD's
    8. I'm on Fire
    Fuego...as in Spain, the dates heat up
    9. Holding Out for a Hero
    She wants her Mr. Invisible and the end is near...
    10. Ride
    She will ride off into the sunset with her man

Just for fun!
    We need not think alike to love alike

Excellent analysis, lovemygirls! If this is true, then Reid is the one she chooses! "Ride" = Reid. She will ride off into the sunset with her man, Reid. I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Benny Fan;3530121;
    [B]I re-watched the 1 on 1 dates with Ed, Kip and Reid and decided to critique that music score...
    (Boy, you can tell Monday night can't come soon enough.)
    Kip:

Remove the conversations and just play the music. Then serve your lasagna and Mateus. Positively, it all fits his laid-back personality, but there's little drama here. The key word is consistent, with little variation in tempo. I don't know what the point is here... is he the "calm in her storm" or is their relationship just riding the waves?

The park scenes open with a nice '90s rock score, then settle with the standard strumming guitars. The kayak race is a bit louder, but not all that dramatic... yeah, we get it: anti-climactic. The market scene has a happy-go-lucky strum... a little loud (I guess to drown out their "sexy" conversations, supplied in subtitles).

Things get softer as they feed the gulls and pigeons, but you don't get the silent parts like you do with Ed. (Again, it is Kip's face that counts, not his voice.) I'm surprised how dull the music is in the kitchen... I was kinda hoping for "9 1/2 Weeks" here. Fortunately, he doesn't get that tacky Rose Anticipation music (is there any doubt he would get one?).

The weakest part is the "climax". The score is literally lifted from stock Trista season material. Go checkout youtube clips from that season and watch Kip's last scenes on this date. Poor Kip gets the short end of the stick here.

Hey, how about this? Clear the rights to Jack Nitzsche's "The Lonely Surfer" and just show clips of them making out. (Isn't that the bulk of the date anyway?) Then if viewers get bored, they can still enjoy the instrumental track. The crescendo in that score would fit her jiggle after she closes the door. Also, the few lines from Kip we can hear over the music could use some embellishment. Just think of the possibilities that weren't utilized when he says "Look at your sauces. I am REALLY impressed".
    I *LOVE* the music on their 1-1 (it starts while they are snuggling in that chair, before she gives him the rose, and especially while she's talking about why she's giving him the rose). Can you point me directly to youtubes from Trista's season where that same music is used, please? Or tell me the guys' names, episode #'s...anything?
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3530817;
    I *LOVE* the music on their 1-1 (it starts while they are snuggling in that chair, before she gives him the rose, and especially while she's talking about why she's giving him the rose). Can you point me directly to youtubes from Trista's season where that same music is used, please? Or tell me the guys' names, episode #'s...anything?
    You will *LOVE* this clip on youtube: "Trista & Ryan - The Proposal". Pay special attention to their kissing time. You'll feel the déjà vu when you re-watch Jillian give Kip the rose.

All three dates got some canned syrup during their serious moments, but I really felt sorry for Kip. I thought it was unfair that they were "economizing" on him. Then again, as they say, if it works once...

Also look for "Jack Nitzsche - The Lonely Surfer" on youtube and re-imagine their 1 on 1 date. You will never think of Kip in quite the same light again...

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Benny Fan;3531339;
    You will *LOVE* this clip on youtube: "Trista & Ryan - The Proposal". Pay special attention to their kissing time. You'll feel the déjà vu when you re-watch Jillian give Kip the rose.

All three dates got some canned syrup during their serious moments, but I really felt sorry for Kip. I thought it was unfair that they were "economizing" on him. Then again, as they say, if it works once...

Also look for "Jack Nitzsche - The Lonely Surfer" on youtube and re-imagine their 1 on 1 date. You will never think of Kip in quite the same light again...
    Are you talking about the music that played during Trista and Ryan's proposal being the same music playing during one of Kip and Jillian's alone time? I noticed it as well. What's interesting is that the music was also played during alone time with Jason and Jillian last season and she was the F3.

. .

. .

. .

. .
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

Absolutely beyond creative...Great job I'msotired! I cannot fathom the time you must put into this and I appreciate your effort to "lighten" the mood. What a great way to end the night...

Bravo! So wicked and funny. I'm laughing out loud. And I so want a Jillian doll of my very own.
    "The book you are reading is one man's opinion of moonlight" - Young Girl Blues, Donovan Leitch

Awesome Job I'msotired! They keep getting funnier and funnier for me! Kips abs are hilarious!!!
    Last edited by sanlee; 07-01-2009 at 02:44 AM.

Historically Addicted lovemygirls's Avatar

I'msotired...your work is so TOTALLY awesome! Wicked!

Loved Reid bringing Jilly a clean cup of coffee.
    We need not think alike to love alike