Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelorette 5 - "Top 6" Sleuthing Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: Bachelorette 5 - "Top 6" Sleuthing Thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3474842;
    Juan looks suave but he fits the "passive aggressive" sort who pushes people's buttons. Maybe he's been an annoyance to many of them or else why would so many of them wanted him gone?
    Now the real question I'd like answered is "WHO VOTED TO SEND CH AWAY"? Now that's hilarious. Wouldn't you all like to know? Maybe someone who attends the MTA should ask that question, but if it's either Reid or Kip and they are f2 we'll never know.
    I can see how Juan could get on somone's nerves. Kind of like Jeremy in DeAnna's season. David is just taking it to the extreme though. It is like all he does is think about and talk about how much Juan bugs him!

Yes, I would love to know who voted for CH! I think that is so funny!

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3474842;
    Juan looks suave but he fits the "passive aggressive" sort who pushes people's buttons. Maybe he's been an annoyance to many of them or else why would so many of them wanted him gone?

Now the real question I'd like answered is "WHO VOTED TO SEND CH AWAY"? Now that's hilarious. Wouldn't you all like to know? Maybe someone who attends the MTA should ask that question, but if it's either Reid or Kip and they are f2 we'll never know.
    Totally a guess on my part, but I would say that Reid's sense of humor seems to be in keeping with the idea of putting Chris Harrison's name on that ballot. The majority of guys, I think, took the task seriously; wanted their opportunity to vote someone off the island. Reid, on the other hand, has been shown to be quick with a fairly flippant wisecrack (ie, in response to Juan interrupting him with Jillian "...you love ME?....") and I could see him having decided to go with the humorous response.
    Last edited by cheekychook; 05-29-2009 at 10:50 PM.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3474847;
    Geography should never be an issue. The only successful couple to come from this franchise Trista(who said she wanted to only in warm weather, a la Florida, LA) and now she is living in cold Colorado all bec' of Ryan. Now that's what it should be. Willing to go where the heart is. Jilly could relocate to Philly - imagine he sells real estate and she decorates them. Voila! It's all in the family if they do indeed hook up.
    I don't disagree. I think when geography may be "critiical" is in the early stages as the travel and separation can be a strain. But if you want it enough, and get past it, home is where the heart is.

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3474852;
    Totally a guess on my part, but I would say that Reid's sense of humor seems to be in keeping with the idea of putting Chris Harrison's name on that ballot. The majority of guys, I think, took the task seriously; wanted their opportunity to vote someone off the island. Reid, on the other hand, has been shown to be quick with a fairly flippant wisecrack (ie, in response to Juan interrupting him with Jillian "...you love ME?...."and I could see him having decided to go with the humorous response.
    I would vote too that it would be Reid. He didn't really say anything negative about the guys except for Wes. It actually is quite funny. Hopefully we will see who it was in the end.
    My favorites: Reid and Kiptyn

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3474827;
    There has been speculation that the first 25 guys were picked with maybe Molly or Melissa as next b'ette. Once Jillian as picked to be B'ette #5 they decided to add five guys. Of these five Reid, Mike and Ed go far. Mike is speculated to be gone by f6 acc' to some posts in other threads.

If this is true, why would Jesse tell her that when he found out she was the B'ette he gave up his chance at 6 months in wine country in Italy. Did he plan on dropping out if they hadn't picked her to be the b'ette. Something seems off here.

If Ed does go to Spain then Reid is the only one from the new 5 who goes as far as Hawaii. Kip has been promoted as the first out of the limo (very much like Jenni and also one she's attracted to, same theme here). He also has the "heartbreaker" label attached to him already. Doubt created in minds of viewers very early on and plenty of camera time in first two episodes.

So it seems if it's Kip and Reid in Hawaii most people wouldn't have a problem no matte whoever she picks. Reid has barely been shown, but what little we've seen has had the viewers interested.

So where does Ed fit in all of this. Any hint that Ed goes beyond Spain?

Anyone with answers?
    While I fully believe that there were 25 guys cast for a different bachelorette and only 5 brought in specifically for Jillian I do not think the last 5 guys we were shown were necessarily the last 5 who were cast---I think once they had their 30 bachelors they mixed them up and put some in the limos and some in the supposed "premium" 5 group.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3474861;
    While I fully believe that there were 25 guys cast for a different bachelorette and only 5 brought in specifically for Jillian I do not think the last 5 guys we were shown were necessarily the last 5 who were cast---I think once they had their 30 bachelors they mixed them up and put some in the limos and some in the supposed "premium" 5 group.
    You could very well be right...I mean now that I think of it how could I have possibly ever thought Tanner/foot man was cast specifically for anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by kultainen;3474862;
    You could very well be right...I mean now that I think of it how could I have possibly ever thought Tanner/foot man was cast specifically for anyone?
    Yep, for our enjoyment hehe
    My favorites: Reid and Kiptyn

My daughter goes to school in Monterey which is next to Carmel. Beautiful country and many many rolling green hills. This definitely looks like it could be Carmel valley. Maybe someone can sleuth (if not already) if that type of tractor is made for grape crops. But DEFINITELY looks like Carmel valley.

Also are we certain Rocky Mountaineer is episode 6?
    Last edited by I<3JAY; 05-29-2009 at 11:38 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by I<3JAY;3474882;
    My daughter goes to school in Monterey which is next to Carmel. Beautiful country and many many rolling green hills. This definitely looks like it could be Carmel valley. Maybe someone can sleuth (if not already) if that type of tractor is made for grape crops. But DEFINITELY looks like Carmel valley.

Also are we certain Rocky Mountaineer is episode 6?
    Yes, we are sure of it and it should air June 22

Quote Originally Posted by kultainen;3474821;
    I am so on board. I think she should be able to cut as many as she wants each episode, and when she's got a group, no matter how many 3,4,5 that she's in to, we should watch it unfold as she actually spends real time with each till she is "sure".

I am also a little disappointed with her apparent choices. I mean this is a 30 year old woman, smart, mature, with a career who says she wants to be married...and she's holding on long term if the screen caps are right, with a break dancer instructor/model who is 25 and looks 15; a bartender who is 25; a C/W wanna be "playa"; and a supposed wine maker who wsa going to play ball in Europe if not for this chance for a woman and who is also 25 and apparently if he could take off to Europe for a while, not exactly ready to settle down. Three guys who are 5 years younger than her and not at her place in terms of career, etc. And Wes the Weasel. All that would leave is Kip and Reid. Not bad, but I am at a loss at what went off with Ed, Mike, and some of the others who are more marriage material. Unless, as I said earlier, she is not in this in "for real" but is in it for fun with cute boy toys; or she already knows the one or two and the rest is just filler/eye candy (then see paragraph one, above)
    I see it pretty much as the above with one tiny twist.
    I don't really see Jillian in this for a love match either. If it happens great and I think due to the stockholm syndrome as time goes by she will get more attached to the remaining men. But marriage? Nah. Dating perhaps, but it doesn't seem like the dating pool was that deep or hand picked for her.
    I think she was all in for an adventure--compare her dates to to last season. We see 3 ziplines alone, 3 different countries. It's definitely stepped up for her. Like I said, if she finds a guy, that's relish on the hotdog, but if she didn't she still had a fun time.
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.