Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelorette 5 - "Top 6" Sleuthing Thread **SPOILERS**

FORT Fogey

Re: Bachelorette 5 - "Top 6" Sleuthing Thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by just logic;3474778;
    I must have missed it but when/where did Juan get cut?

Probably the same night that David the angry trucker got cut. Now do we see the irony in it?

I'd like to see all these guys who are fillers to extend the show sent home earlier. Let's just follow her journey with the f3 or even f2 and see how she came to choose who she did. At least that would make more sense than watching grown men behaving like middle schoolers. Huh!

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3474813;
    Probably the same night that David the angry trucker got cut. Now do we see the irony in it?

I'd like to see all these guys who are fillers to extend the show sent home earlier. Let's just follow her journey with the f3 or even f2 and see how she came to choose who she did. At least that would make more sense than watching grown men behaving like middle schoolers. Huh!
    David is most obviously acting like a schoolyard bully. Juan, although he is far from my favourite, has not acted in an immature manner in my opinion. He is doing whatever he can to get time with Jillian but he seems to try his best to avoid confrontations with David or to at least turn the conversation into a logical one rather than letting it degenerate into name calling.
    "It's just a show" - let's try not to trash people - tptb do that very well all on their own they don't need our help!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3474813;

I am so on board. I think she should be able to cut as many as she wants each episode, and when she's got a group, no matter how many 3,4,5 that she's in to, we should watch it unfold as she actually spends real time with each till she is "sure".

I am also a little disappointed with her apparent choices. I mean this is a 30 year old woman, smart, mature, with a career who says she wants to be married...and she's holding on long term if the screen caps are right, with a break dancer instructor/model who is 25 and looks 15; a bartender who is 25; a C/W wanna be "playa"; and a supposed wine maker who wsa going to play ball in Europe if not for this chance for a woman and who is also 25 and apparently if he could take off to Europe for a while, not exactly ready to settle down. Three guys who are 5 years younger than her and not at her place in terms of career, etc. And Wes the Weasel. All that would leave is Kip and Reid. Not bad, but I am at a loss at what went off with Ed, Mike, and some of the others who are more marriage material. Unless, as I said earlier, she is not in this in "for real" but is in it for fun with cute boy toys; or she already knows the one or two and the rest is just filler/eye candy (then see paragraph one, above)

FORT Fogey

There has been speculation that the first 25 guys were picked with maybe Molly or Melissa as next b'ette. Once Jillian as picked to be B'ette #5 they decided to add five guys. Of these five Reid, Mike and Ed go far. Mike is speculated to be gone by f6 acc' to some posts in other threads.

If this is true, why would Jesse tell her that when he found out she was the B'ette he gave up his chance at 6 months in wine country in Italy. Did he plan on dropping out if they hadn't picked her to be the b'ette. Something seems off here.

If Ed does go to Spain then Reid is the only one from the new 5 who goes as far as Hawaii. Kip has been promoted as the first out of the limo (very much like Jenni and also one she's attracted to, same theme here). He also has the "heartbreaker" label attached to him already. Doubt created in minds of viewers very early on and plenty of camera time in first two episodes.

So it seems if it's Kip and Reid in Hawaii most people wouldn't have a problem no matte whoever she picks. Reid has barely been shown, but what little we've seen has had the viewers interested.

So where does Ed fit in all of this. Any hint that Ed goes beyond Spain?

Anyone with answers?

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3474827;
    There has been speculation that the first 25 guys were picked with maybe Molly or Melissa as next b'ette. Once Jillian as picked to be B'ette #5 they decided to add five guys. Of these five Reid, Mike and Ed go far. Mike is speculated to be gone by f6 acc' to some posts in other threads.

If this is true, why would Jesse tell her that when he found out she was the B'ette he gave up his chance at 6 months in wine country in Italy. Did he plan on dropping out if they hadn't picked her to be the b'ette. Something seems off here.

If Ed does go to Spain then Reid is the only one from the new 5 who goes as far as Hawaii. Kip has been promoted as the first out of the limo (very much like Jenni and also one she's attracted to, same theme here). He also has the "heartbreaker" label attached to him already. Doubt created in minds of viewers very early on and plenty of camera time in first two episodes.

So it seems if it's Kip and Reid in Hawaii most people wouldn't have a problem no matte whoever she picks. Reid has barely been shown, but what little we've seen has had the viewers interested.

Anyone with answers?
    So far, no actual proof he went to Spain. A lot of speculation that he left for some reason and may have returned during the Spain visit (missing htd).
    "It's just a show" - let's try not to trash people - tptb do that very well all on their own they don't need our help!

Quote Originally Posted by kultainen;3474782;
    I can't either...unless New City, which is outside NYC but certainly not that open spaces, is not his home town and it's somewhere else. Otherwise, even though looks too dark haired for Jesse, he is the one with the wine vineyard, which this could be.
    I live in upper Westchester county and we could easily shoot that scene around here. It could also be in Rockland County as there are lots of wide open spaces and even some farms in Rockland County. I know he is from New City, but just throwing it out that it could have conceivably been shot in the area.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3474827;

Anyone with answers?
    Don't have answers but agree that the guys appear to have been picked for a younger and perhaps less settled bachelorette, such as Mel. The ages, the types, both physical and personality, for the most part seem more suited to her, and I recall someone posting that they knew David and he was definitely a Mel type. And I still think the Kipnever had his heart broken tag was meant to be the hook to a Mel storyline: the heartbreak girl with the guy who's never , blah, blah.

If you believe Jesse was selected, as someone said, in Nov right after Jason's season ended, then he would have had no idea who TB was so he couldn't have done it for Jilly and he's stretching to be polite. If you believe TPTB knew back in Nov. wht they planned in the MelMollly/Jason final act, then he was picked for a Mel show.

I think the last 5 were brought on post Jill to add some adulthood and gravitas to the group as they were all around 30. I think Kip is the Ringer of this show, meaning he's the one who is chosen or gets the next Bachelor (and we go round and round and round in the circle game)...

I haven't paid much attention to Reid, but I will know. From what I see and hear on these boards, he may turn out to be the best fit for her in terms of equal looks, personality, careers, etc. Geography may be an issue, but since I married a guy from Helsinki Finland and come from NYC,that's not an obstacle if you want it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by just logic;3474816;
    David is most obviously acting like a schoolyard bully. Juan, although he is far from my favourite, has not acted in an immature manner in my opinion. He is doing whatever he can to get time with Jillian but he seems to try his best to avoid confrontations with David or to at least turn the conversation into a logical one rather than letting it degenerate into name calling.
    Juan looks suave but he fits the "passive aggressive" sort who pushes people's buttons. Maybe he's been an annoyance to many of them or else why would so many of them wanted him gone?

Now the real question I'd like answered is "WHO VOTED TO SEND CH AWAY"? Now that's hilarious. Wouldn't you all like to know? Maybe someone who attends the MTA should ask that question, but if it's either Reid or Kip and they are f2 we'll never know.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer24;3474831;
    I live in upper Westchester county and we could easily shoot that scene around here. It could also be in Rockland County as there are lots of wide open spaces and even some farms in Rockland County. I know he is from New City, but just throwing it out that it could have conceivably been shot in the area.
    Oh, I would love that, but I fear it is just giving me false hope!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by kultainen;3474833;
    Don't have answers but agree that the guys appear to have been picked for a younger and perhaps less settled bachelorette, such as Mel. The ages, the types, both physical and personality, for the most part seem more suited to her, and I recall someone posting that they knew David and he was definitely a Mel type. And I still think the Kipnever had his heart broken tag was meant to be the hook to a Mel storyline: the heartbreak girl with the guy who's never , blah, blah.

If you believe Jesse was selected, as someone said, in Nov right after Jason's season ended, then he would have had no idea who TB was so he couldn't have done it for Jilly and he's stretching to be polite. If you believe TPTB knew back in Nov. wht they planned in the MelMollly/Jason final act, then he was picked for a Mel show.

I think the last 5 were brought on post Jill to add some adulthood and gravitas to the group as they were all around 30. I think Kip is the Ringer of this show, meaning he's the one who is chosen or gets the next Bachelor (and we go round and round and round in the circle game)...

I haven't paid much attention to Reid, but I will know. From what I see and hear on these boards, he may turn out to be the best fit for her in terms of equal looks, personality, careers, etc. Geography may be an issue, but since I married a guy from Helsinki Finland and come from NYC,that's not an obstacle if you want it.
    Geography should never be an issue. The only successful couple to come from this franchise Trista(who said she wanted to only in warm weather, a la Florida, LA) and now she is living in cold Colorado all bec' of Ryan. Now that's what it should be. Willing to go where the heart is. Jilly could relocate to Philly - imagine he sells real estate and she decorates them. Voila! It's all in the family if they do indeed hook up.